What does "breads" mean?

bread_pumpkin_seed_crumb_500.jpg

OK I guess it is obvious now what BRED means...and that BREAD is incorrect.

but regarding HOLY GRAILS...I think that is mis used. The term comes from history or mainly artifact and holy treasures. The HOLY GRAIL is supposed to beJESUS CHRIST Cup. If you watched the Da Vinci code they refer to it...the original Indiana Jones movies also have mention of looking for the HOLY GRAIL. Butit apparently has never been found or does not exist or is something that is not what these people think it is. There are numerous theories of what the HOLYGRAIL is or even if it exists.

So how does this relate to shoes?

It just means that those few pairs that are just super hard to find or super rare or your favorite shoe that you really want and search for. So for example, myrecent thread in sneaker showcase I titled MY HOLY GRAILS because I just recently picked up OG retros of the IV and the XI. Two shoes I have always wantedplus they are the OG retros from the early 90s and they are super clean and DS. So to me...those are grails, since it is a "rare" and coveted pairof shoes. So for someone out there, the XX3 titaniums could be grails, because they have all the jordans but they are missing those...etc.

Originally Posted by J2Legend

Bread - food made from dough of flour or meal and usually raised with yeast or baking powder and then baked. Bread is known to be a staple food around the world for many centuries. "Breads" - plural of the many different kinds of bread available on the market.

I hope that helps
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by justivkickx

Another stupid nickname. And if you are going to use it..atleast spell it correctly. "Bred" not "Bread". "B-red"=black & red..."Bread"=white or wheat.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zongetsu23

bred is a stupid term yes but i can't stand the way people use the term holy grail
the holy grail is the cup Christ drink out of at the last supper and is one of a kind ,( only one )

now of course i know there is never just one pair of shoes made today but it should be the next closes thing like shoes that are super rare and super hard to
get like for example( OG air Jordan 1's , OG air Jordan 1 ajko , OG Jordan 3's , OG Jordan 4's white cement + black / red , OG Jordan 5's , OG Jordan 6's white infrared + black infrared + carmines , OG Jordan 7's hares + bordeaux , OG Jordan 10 's Chicago's , OG Jordan 11's Concords + black /red ) basically alot of your early OG Jordan 's and there are some new jordans that could be considered as well like for exanple ( jordan limited 23's , jordan retro 1's china pack ) but only becuase they are so limited. these are shoes that are considered true holy grails becuase they are so rare and not so easy to get not becuase they are your favorite .

it drives me crazy when i hear people say that a pair of jordan retro's are holy grails or that holy grail means your favorite shoe. if that is the case then any shoe can be a holy grail
as long as it's your favorite shoe and as far as retro's go all you need is the money and you can get any retro you want just about any time you want for example ( i sold about 10 pairs of shoes from my collection this summer so i could get some money to get some shoes i didn't have and becuase shoe's were selling so cheap becuase of the packs that came out this year
i didn't want to pass on them. now in about 6 weeks i replaced the 10 pairs i had sold for 7 pairs of really hot shoes and the shoes were jordan retro 11's concords for$480 , spacejams for$450 , columbia's for $ 350 and black /red's for$330 and jordan retro 6's black infared's for$ 500 and the 2000 olympic retro '6s for$460 also i got a pair of retro 4 lightning's for$250 ) now most people call these shoes holy grails and they are sweet shoe's but how can you call them grails if they are so easy to get with just a little bit of money. it's just not the samething.

i know some newbie's and some youngster's don't know and use the word to loosely but the real OG's and jordan heads from back in the day should know and the word should be used as a sign of having something rare and vintage , something special and only yours , one of a kind or very close to it.

Originally Posted by ehbball88

What does breads mean I always see the term used on many different pairs of J's especially on auctions. What does it actually mean and are people using the term on their auctions to try and make the shoes better even though they are not breads.

I think you were better off not knowing...I feel sorry for you now that you do know lol. The English language has become so lazy...

Another stupid nickname. And if you are going to use it..atleast spell it correctly. "Bred" not "Bread". "B-red"=black & red..."Bread"=white or wheat.

i dont think it should matter if you refer black/red as "Bred" when you are on a computer but to talk like that and ask a store employee for a pairof Bred Jordans is just ridiculous....it would be like saying "LOL" after a friend cracks a joke.

as far as Holy Grails, i think a lot of the younger people just throw that term around for the shoe that they are feelin the most at the time. and its dumbbecause some people say hey look at my Holy Grails... its not Grails its Grail...ONE SHOE!

Originally Posted by trilltiger

that made me laugh this morning

me too
roll.gif

people sound dumb saying the word "bred's", it makes me laugh its so lame. i guess blk/red is too much to write, go figure.

Originally Posted by ehbball88

What does breads mean I always see the term used on many different pairs of J's especially on auctions. What does it actually mean and are people using the term on their auctions to try and make the shoes better even though they are not breads.
indifferent.gif
on multiple levels. first of all, for spelling itwrong. second of all, for not knowing simple terms.

G Raider wrote:

as far as Holy Grails, i think a lot of the younger people just throw that term around for the shoe that they are feelin the most at the time. and its dumb because some people say hey look at my Holy Grails... its not Grails its Grail...ONE SHOE!
This is not correct seeing as how you need two shoes to make a pair you would call them Holy Grails. Calling it your Holy Grail would imply thatyou only sought after and favor one shoe out of the pair. If it were the case that you only wanted the left white/red XII, than this would be your Holy Grail,but because you want both the right and the left shoe and that makes it plural you must add the s to Holy Grail to be correct. Another example, my Holy Grailswere Laney V's, I finally found a DS pair in a sz 13
pimp.gif
(believe methis was an Indiana Jones Quest, I found NDS Powder Blue X's in a size 15, before I found Laney's). Any-who back to the lesson, if I were to post inthe pick up post about my Laney's I would say "These are my Holy Grail's" instead of "These are my Holy Grail."Get the picture, NT English lesson for today, come back tomorrow folks and we'll learn about subject-verb agreement.

BTW where is ijapino to comment on this, I know he hates nicknames
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rocman23

G Raider wrote:

as far as Holy Grails, i think a lot of the younger people just throw that term around for the shoe that they are feelin the most at the time. and its dumb because some people say hey look at my Holy Grails... its not Grails its Grail...ONE SHOE!
This is not correct seeing as how you need two shoes to make a pair you would call them Holy Grails. Calling it your Holy Grail would imply that you only sought after and favor one shoe out of the pair. If it were the case that you only wanted the left white/red XII, than this would be your Holy Grail, but because you want both the right and the left shoe and that makes it plural you must add the s to Holy Grail to be correct. Another example, my Holy Grails were Laney V's, I finally found a DS pair in a sz 13
pimp.gif
(believe me this was an Indiana Jones Quest, I found NDS Powder Blue X's in a size 15, before I found Laney's). Any-who back to the lesson, if I were to post in the pick up post about my Laney's I would say "These are my Holy Grail's" instead of "These are my Holy Grail." Get the picture, NT English lesson for today, come back tomorrow folks and we'll learn about subject-verb agreement.

BTW where is ijapino to comment on this, I know he hates nicknames
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you serious....

Back
Top Bottom