What Does Taste in Music Tell Us About Others?

I am down with...
Classical 
Jazz

R&B

Deep House

Drum and Bass

Hip Hop 

Funk

Country

Pop

Classic Metal

Reggae

Blues

Latin 

Gospel

Life is too short to not appreciate all the various genres.  

I am down with...
Classical 
Jazz

R&B

Deep House

Drum and Bass

Hip Hop 

Funk

Country

Pop

Classic Metal

Reggae

Blues

Latin 

Gospel

Life is too short to not appreciate all the various genres.  

people think im angry all the time since im tattooed and listen to mostly hardcore
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Tell you one thing, your diversity in music correlates to your diversity in life.

i agree with this

There's truth in this. Before college, ALL I knew was rap and r&b, simply because I the people I grew up with only listened to rap.
I've made friends in college who've put me up on music I would have never experienced at home...like what was a Daft Punk
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Tell you one thing, your diversity in music correlates to your diversity in life.

i agree with this

There's truth in this. Before college, ALL I knew was rap and r&b, simply because I the people I grew up with only listened to rap.
I've made friends in college who've put me up on music I would have never experienced at home...like what was a Daft Punk
laugh.gif

Depending on the time of the day and my mood, my music could either lead you to believe that I'm gay, or that I'm an ignorant @#$ goon 
laugh.gif

My boy listens to death metal, which to me sounds like demon worship music, but he's one of the calmest, nicest, soft-spoken dudes I've ever met
laugh.gif

So in general I'd say it doesn't matter...but there are some exceptions. Girls who constantly spam Facebook with Nicki Minaj, Wayne, and Drake
sick.gif
From that alone I know you're a damn $!*!%**

Depending on the time of the day and my mood, my music could either lead you to believe that I'm gay, or that I'm an ignorant @#$ goon 
laugh.gif

My boy listens to death metal, which to me sounds like demon worship music, but he's one of the calmest, nicest, soft-spoken dudes I've ever met
laugh.gif

So in general I'd say it doesn't matter...but there are some exceptions. Girls who constantly spam Facebook with Nicki Minaj, Wayne, and Drake
sick.gif

I think it is shallow of people to judge others based on their music tastes. Do you also judge people on their preferences of cuisine and food? As someone stated, quited elitist.

I can like and listen to everything, but I am mostly a 90s early 2000s music head. I will listen to some mainstream, but the stuff on today's radio tends to grate my ears. Don't judge those who only listen to it though. Their taste, their preferences.

I think it is shallow of people to judge others based on their music tastes. Do you also judge people on their preferences of cuisine and food? As someone stated, quited elitist.

I can like and listen to everything, but I am mostly a 90s early 2000s music head. I will listen to some mainstream, but the stuff on today's radio tends to grate my ears. Don't judge those who only listen to it though. Their taste, their preferences.

i think it says alot. if youre looking.

im constantly looking for a chick that digs the music i dig. down to the lyrics lol.

forevercalzone

i think it says alot. if youre looking.

im constantly looking for a chick that digs the music i dig. down to the lyrics lol.

forevercalzone

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

BK201 wrote:
Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING

This is so false that I don't need to refute what you said with evidence.
Originally Posted by koolbarbone

There's a flip side to this though.

Those who say, "I listen to anything" (or even worse, "I listen to anything but country") can be extremely unoriginal.
I HATE when people throw that out there like rap, rock, and dance music is "everything."
I sit there like...everything huh?
eyes.gif

But then again I also
eyes.gif
to people who are condescending about their music taste.
Example: Hipster: Oh, I listen to so and so but you've probably never heard of them because they're underground.
I sit there like.
grin.gif

On Topic:What I think my music taste says about me is that I'm not judgmental and very open-minded.
My music taste is diverse as hell. I'll listen to anything and I'm not one to think some genres are bad.
My music taste is so diverse that I have to tell ignorant people that I listen to so and so to avoid the social stigma that certain groups view that music genre.
For instance you won't see me bumping Something Bigger Something Better by Amanda Blank.
Saw a dude bumping Lil Jon in my campus parking lot hella loud. Had me thinking how did you get into college? Ignorant of me? Yes.
grin.gif

Examples of what I listen to and my favs from those genres: Rap(Instrumentals
grin.gif
), LOTS of Rock(Rise Against), Tons of Japanese Rock(Luna Sea), LOTS of METAL!!! (August Burns Red), Dance(Eric Prydz), Trance(Darude), Techno(Hardfox), 80s(Huey & The News), Screamo, Anime Soundtracks(Death Note OST/Naruto Shippuden OST), Dancehall(Mavado),
If I ever meet a girl that has an even more diverse music taste than me, I'll probably marry her.
pimp.gif

Video examples of the diversity of the music I listen to on a daily basis:

Dude how cool are you though that you have to prove to us how diverse your taste in music is?
I was using my music taste to set an example of what diversity in music means to me.
People that I meet like to say their music taste is "diverse" but at most they listen to about 3 different genres for example. I hear this all the time.
I don't see how me sharing my music tastes with NT is me trying to prove I'm cool.

Edit: The most I was trying to do is put other NTers onto different genres of music.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

BK201 wrote:
Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING

This is so false that I don't need to refute what you said with evidence.
Originally Posted by koolbarbone

There's a flip side to this though.

Those who say, "I listen to anything" (or even worse, "I listen to anything but country") can be extremely unoriginal.
I HATE when people throw that out there like rap, rock, and dance music is "everything."
I sit there like...everything huh?
eyes.gif

But then again I also
eyes.gif
to people who are condescending about their music taste.
Example: Hipster: Oh, I listen to so and so but you've probably never heard of them because they're underground.
I sit there like.
grin.gif

On Topic:What I think my music taste says about me is that I'm not judgmental and very open-minded.
My music taste is diverse as hell. I'll listen to anything and I'm not one to think some genres are bad.
My music taste is so diverse that I have to tell ignorant people that I listen to so and so to avoid the social stigma that certain groups view that music genre.
For instance you won't see me bumping Something Bigger Something Better by Amanda Blank.
Saw a dude bumping Lil Jon in my campus parking lot hella loud. Had me thinking how did you get into college? Ignorant of me? Yes.
grin.gif

Examples of what I listen to and my favs from those genres: Rap(Instrumentals
grin.gif
), LOTS of Rock(Rise Against), Tons of Japanese Rock(Luna Sea), LOTS of METAL!!! (August Burns Red), Dance(Eric Prydz), Trance(Darude), Techno(Hardfox), 80s(Huey & The News), Screamo, Anime Soundtracks(Death Note OST/Naruto Shippuden OST), Dancehall(Mavado),
If I ever meet a girl that has an even more diverse music taste than me, I'll probably marry her.
pimp.gif

Video examples of the diversity of the music I listen to on a daily basis:

Dude how cool are you though that you have to prove to us how diverse your taste in music is?
I was using my music taste to set an example of what diversity in music means to me.
People that I meet like to say their music taste is "diverse" but at most they listen to about 3 different genres for example. I hear this all the time.
I don't see how me sharing my music tastes with NT is me trying to prove I'm cool.

Edit: The most I was trying to do is put other NTers onto different genres of music.

Originally Posted by theekinqq

when i talk to girls who only listen to whats on the radio. they are usually very shallow, not creative, non deep thinkers, and love to party. and they love facebook.

^  I see your point. But there is no real correlation really. You can't really tell. People's taste in music is so varied.

when i talk to girls who only listen to whats on the radio. they are usually very shallow, not creative, non deep thinkers, and love to party. and they love facebook.

^  I see your point. But there is no real correlation really. You can't really tell. People's taste in music is so varied.

This definitely applies to alot of people.

This definitely applies to alot of people.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Girls who constantly spam Facebook with Nicki Minaj, Wayne, and Drake
sick.gif
I skimmed through you whole post and thought you posted Nick Drake. Was about to hit you with the 
pimp.gif
, but now it's just a
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Girls who constantly spam Facebook with Nicki Minaj, Wayne, and Drake
sick.gif
I skimmed through you whole post and thought you posted Nick Drake. Was about to hit you with the 
pimp.gif
, but now it's just a
glasses.gif

read some of this post, but this right here stood out. 100 % fact. music definitely says a lot about a person too IMO

read some of this post, but this right here stood out. 100 % fact. music definitely says a lot about a person too IMO

Back
Top Bottom