What era/generation do you wish you experienced?

I would like to go back to a lot of times. I would love to have been alive during the Harlem Renaissance.

I'm a 90's baby but I would have loved to be in highschool or college in the 90's, it seems like it would have been so much fun minus the lack technology in terms of school work.

This is one of the best eras so far. Tech is moving fast, we are about to stop using gasoline, everyone is much heathier and smarter. Yes we have issues but not one Era in history didnt have something wrong going on somewhere

The dawn of humanity. I'd like to think I could be a major influencer in a civilization that would last in some form from then to present day.
this

are most of you guys smokers? to the people saying 80s and earlier in America everyone smoked heavy and i hate cigarette smoke so i couldnt do it in those time periods

but real talk i would want see the beginning of the universe, what caused the mass extinction of dinosaurs, when aliens decided to touch down, and who were the original humans who controlled civilization from behind the scenes, and finally the future, like 5738 or somethin

Roman Empire... 500 BC.

The Roman Empire started when Augustus took over in 27 B.C. The era you're talking about is the monarchy/republic era...which sucked donkey balls.
My mistake, I got the Roman Empire and the 'form' of Rome mixed up, that actually took place around 500 B.C. Yes, the Roman empire held in 27 B.C.

I was also thinking about Rome. I want to know how those sculptures/statues actually looked back then in color. How the city was, and how beautiful the architecture looked in person.

Ancient Egypt.
I also wish I was born about 10 years earlier (I was born in 93) so I can fully witness the 90s and some of the 80s.

All of them really. I will say though I expect short lives in certain places at certain periods cuz I aint taking no racism.

One's that stand out are the 70s, 20s, and 3rd-7th centuries.

I just wish I was 18+ in the 80's, by far the best era for movies, music, clothes, gas prices, cars and women.

The 80's. I'm young, born in 1992, so I wish I had more of a childhood during the 90's too.

Same here. Born in 1992.

Born in 1980 would have been perfect to experience the 90 to the fullest (video games, sports, music, etc. was :smokin)

Nostalgic about a time you can barely remember :smh:

The 80's. I'm young, born in 1992, so I wish I had more of a childhood during the 90's too.

Same here. Born in 1992.

Born in 1980 would have been perfect to experience the 90 to the fullest (video games, sports, music, etc. was :smokin)

Nostalgic about a time you can barely remember :smh:

This is a great question, but I'm fine right where I am. I think the 70's might have been cool. I just missed it. I see a lot of youngn's here. :lol: :smh: y'all really wanna try the 80's again huh? Those Jordan releases will NOT be kind to you. The 80's and 90's were awesome if you were a kid. I would imagine not so much if you were an adult (Reaganomics FTL). Let's not forget about the height of the crack era. Hell, we still are affected by it. This is cool to think about, but of course we romanticize looking back on things a lot as humans. Hell, as a kid I thought He-Man was awesome. He still is, but upon close review not as much as when I was a kid :lol:. There are definitely some interesting responses in here though.

Last edited:
Purely from a music standpoint, the 60's and early 70's, but other than that, I love being born in '87. Got to grow up with all the good stuff, and witnessed moment by moment how the crap came along now.

Last edited:
I would love to make a fortune on the rail roads in the early 1900s, traveling west and just claiming land as mine. Looking for gold and oil :pimp:

Or be born the future 2 see what it's like

The Harlem Renaissance during 1920s and 1930s...back when being black was a struggle but we were coming into our own in American culture.

Early 70s. I'd chill with free spirited hippies and have sex all day to piss of the establishment.

That would be so far out! :smokin

Africa before European imperialism, I would miss white women but I wanna see what its like to ball out with Mansa Mussa. :smokin

Going back in time is contingent on me being royalty. No point going back if I'm gonna be a peasant.

Last edited:
Top Eras I would want to experience:

1.) 1960s (Have a great interest in reading anything and everything about this infamous time period)
2.) 1861-1865 (The Civil War enough said)

Back
Top Bottom