what happened to Lloyd Banks?

I liked all his last projects always looked forward to Halloween Havoc.......but none his last couple projects sounded "exciting"

All gritty cloudy nyc music when he can be more versitile then that.

Unless all that extra direction energy came from Curtis

His recluse personality and 50 ruling G-Unit with an iron fist crippled him. He should’ve be a breakout guy post G-Unit, and loyalty kept him from ascending.

He should’ve be a breakout guy post G-Unit, and loyalty kept him from ascending.

50 cent wasn't a holding anybody back from doing their own thing as far as collaborating or anything like that (Game's 1st video was w/ Dipset's own Jim Jones), this is laid on da feet of Lloyd Banks.

what's stopping him from collabin' with Fabolous, Griselda records, any wordSmith from the West, even decent folks from the south, etc.?

50 cent wasn't a holding anybody back from doing their own thing as far as collaborating or anything like that (Game's 1st video was w/ Dipset's own Jim Jones), this is laid on da feet of Lloyd Banks.

what's stopping him from collabin' with Fabolous, Griselda records, any wordSmith from the West, even decent folks from the south, etc.?

50 basically shut everybody out from doing non-Unit/Shady collabs during that period, especially with getting being involved in so many beefs. Game is an outlier, cause he couldn’t be controlled by 50 like the other G-Unit members, which is the main reason they got into it in the first place. Banks’ biggest mistake was turning down various deals once he caught his second wind just to stay with G-Unit. Turned out to be a crippling move.

Lloyd Banks is an introvert and doesn’t like being in big crowds/having a lot of attention. In this day and age you cannot be successful not leaving the house unless your a legacy act without being seen socially.

Also when his Dad and Prodigy passed away it hit Banks real hard. 50 Cent wanted to market Banks as a Fabolous type rapper and use his swag and social media accounts to market him but Banks wanted to keep dropping mixtapes and laying low... 50 cent even offered him roles on Power but Banks shut that down too.

So sounds like dude enjoys what he does, just not what comes with it. Unfortunately he couldn't take on a mystique persona like MF Doom or leikeli47

Lloyd Banks is an introvert and doesn’t like being in big crowds/having a lot of attention. In this day and age you cannot be successful not leaving the house unless your a legacy act without being seen socially.

Also when his Dad and Prodigy passed away it hit Banks real hard. 50 Cent wanted to market Banks as a Fabolous type rapper and use his swag and social media accounts to market him but Banks wanted to keep dropping mixtapes and laying low... 50 cent even offered him roles on Power but Banks shut that down too.

son son all da weaknesses of J.Cole and none of da upside.

Me I’m in the hood for real, right there where they trappin' at
Right there where it happens at, all familiar habit
My habits are, carrots y’all, sexin' in the fastest car
Green gang mastermind, nine levels past the bar

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom