what if...Brittney Griner with the tomahawk slam

PatRiley

formerly heirjordan15
At a women's basketball summit, the idea of lowering baskets was discussed.

"There were a lot of topics covered,'' said USA Basketball past president Val Ackerman, who helped spearhead the conference. "There was talk about lowering the rims. The notion is that no one in women's basketball has experimented in a serious way. It's something that might enhance the game, leading to dunking, fewer missed shots.''

Read more:http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ring_rim_for_womens_basketball/#ixzz11MRqWzHC
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]at the end of the day it's still womens basketball. sorry i'm not sorry.[/font]

I think it's a good idea. It would definitely make women basketball more exciting, to say the least. However, I do see how this would raise some inequality issues.

well womens volleyball is played with a lower net, I don't see why they can't experiment for basketball. Their ball is already smaller

What if...... she was actually a female
eek.gif

maybe if it started off like that for women, then it would be fine. but the hoops have stayed at 10 since basketball started
what about all the girls that have been practicing on 10 feet.

vollyball nets are alot more different than basketball hoops imo

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They just need to abolish this debacle of a sport. Women's basketball
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

What if...... she was actually a female
eek.gif
If someone were to show me a picture of Brittney Griner, and told me it was a picture of their brother, I wouldn't be skeptical about it being male. 
frown.gif
 Punches like a girl, though.

That would be tough man. Imagine if I had been shooting on 10 foot courts my WHOLE LIFE, and then I have to switch? My shot would need to be readjusted. Like others have said, it will still be women's basketball. If folks want to watch they will. If they don't they won't. I don't think this would matter outside of there being more highlights on SportsCenter.

Well surprisingly it is actually easier to shoot on a lower net. You dont need as much arc. One of the parks around the crib has lower nets (we dont go there anymore because of this) and kids who have line drive shots who would clank it all day on a regular rim be str8 water on the lower rims. There really isnt an adjustment period for the height.

While I still prolly wouldnt watch. It would be fun to see some highlights of chicks mashin on each other at the rim. Just imagine Candace on the break and someone just gets Damon Jones'ed. Id be excited for those highlights and may think about watching if there was nothing else on just for the small chance I might see something like that.

But honestly, it couldnt hurt.

Back
Top Bottom