What irks you the most when playing ball?

That dude that freaking shoots every time he touches the ball.

Sometimes it's becasue he doesn't know basketball in the LEAST, so if he gets the ball, he just takes a dribble and throws it up.

Sometimes it's because he really is a good ball handler, and every time he touches the ball, he has every intention of doing some crazy triple move(crossover to an inside-out move to a between the legs dribble) then jacking up a shot, hoping it goes in so his defender can be embarrassed and every watchingcan go, "OHHHHH SHHHH!!!!!!"

Sometimes it's because he's a post player that honestly thinks that if you're within 5 feet of the basket, the ball will magnetically go throughthe hoop if you just get the shot up. So all he does is stay in the post, and if you give him an entry pass, it's going up. If he gets an offensiverebound, it's going up. If there's a scramble underneath his goal, it's going up. If the ball can come anywhere close to his hands while he'sanywhere close to the basket, it's going up.

I freaking hate that guy, the one that shots 99% of the time he touches it.

Dudes who climb your back on a rebound, then catch an elbow and blame you. I can't tell you how many bloody noses I've given people because the arereaching or going over my back. (I don't do it intentionally)

I doubt people can relate to that one. Ill try to think of ones that I didn't post last time.

-People playing defense with their arms/holding/reaching

-People who take it personally when they get blocked/dunked on.

-People coming 10 deep to the rec and hogging the court all night.

-People who's sweat smells like #!%!, and you have to guard them. On everything your hand will end up in their armpit.

-People on your team cherry-picking. If they are wide open I'm probably not going to pass to them.

-People not respecting calls

-People calling fouls when they get swiped/blocked clean

That random dumb a** N'a that walk across your pick-up game like...

"Yo!!!... Lemme see the ball!!! Lemme get a shot right quick!!!!..."

indifferent.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

N'a don't even make the free shot that you give him, but wanna interfere wit your game....
indifferent.gif

cats who come through the lane extra hard..get fouled..and take it personal and proceed to talk mess the rest of the game

Some that haven't been mentioned

- When too many people have next. There's 6 people waiting to play, but instead of 5 of yall getting the next game and then 1 remaining dude having nextafter that, there's like 4 individual next's with dudes leaving open spots so they can grab someone off the losing team or see if somebody better showsup.

- People who make bad calls, on accident. Making bad calls on purpose is annoying to, like people will just yell something out to stop your breakaway and thenbe like, "oh, you didn't travel? well your ball up top," but people who make bad calls on accident peeves me worst because some stuff I do lookslike violations, like covering a really long length with my 2 steps or mastery of the pivot foot around the basket.

- When they get all anal about the no dunking and start kicking everybody out. I've been kicked out for as little as a finger roll, because he said itlooks like I was dunking. Going right with it, is the kats who can't dunk who are usually the ones who get everybody in trouble. Between games a few guysdunk and then it starts a whole game of 1upsmanship but then a dude who knows he can't dunk throws it up like he's about to and just grabs the rim andmakes it "cla-clunk!" and then the dudes who work there come out and make everybody stay away from the rim.

- Playing with girls. Nobody ever really guards them and they end up scoring and everybody just laughs, because nobody wants to look like they're reallytrying hard guarding a female but when they score, those buckets still count and we'll end up on the bench waiting because of your !*+*+#@ so then I got toswitch onto a damn female and when I block her or rip her and she falls for no reason, everybody's like, "DatZ serious @#!, playing all hard guardingCarla. Calm down chief."

- And similarly, when somebody is getting the business but refuses to let you switch. They always be like, "nah I'm good, I got him."

- When people come to "help" me out on defense and just end up getting in my way. And then the offensive player scores because my own teammateeffectively screened me and everybody's look, "oooohh! yall doublin' and he still bust yall @#!!"

- That I haven't dunked in a game in like 4 months.

- How the sorriest person, the person who hasn't scored all game, almost always hits the game winner. The ball bounces to him off an offensive rebound, orsomebody dribbles off their foot because nobody ever passes him the ball, and there's this pause where he like looks at the rim and all his teammates arelike, "noooooooooooooooooo!" and he just jacks up a 17ft'er, bottoms.

-The big man that cant catch a cold

-the coach on the court

- people who dont pass to the open man.

The big man who wants to play PG. Get your big
mad.gif
in the paint.

The brother who thinks just cuse he is a brother that automatically means he can play.

Fat guys who go "skins" and run around and set screens.

As far as I'm concerned you should never call a foul unless you get knocked to the ground.

- When too many people have next. There's 6 people waiting to play, but instead of 5 of yall getting the next game and then 1 remaining dude having next after that, there's like 4 individual next's with dudes leaving open spots so they can grab someone off the losing team or see if somebody better shows up.
lol I do that all the time. I'll lie and say I have 5 when i only got like 2 and I'll pick up the losers. I wanna stay on court I'mnot just gonna pick up random scrubs who wanna play next then lose and have to wait like 5 more games.

-I hate people who look at me and always say stuff like go easy on me big man, or don't dunk on me big man treating me like Shaq I'm6'3...
eyes.gif
. I only like playing at gyms now where I'm the averageheight cause parks have too much short people.

- Playing against super buff dudes who can't even ball at the gym who guard me in the post and its like playing against a moving brick wall.

- People who argue every other play.

- Ball Hogs who play like they're kobe and its game 7 every game, driving in every play drawing fouls flipping like wade, shooting crazy fadeaways andnever passing then get angry when I stop giving em the ball.

- People who can't pass into the post... Ill have my man sealed and perfect for a bounce pass to my left hand and I'll get a lob thrown high to myright.

- Players who try to do and1 nonsense who can't shoot and get mad cause you won't guard them up close.
grin.gif

- Big @%+ people who jump for pump fakes all the time and land on you. I almost got killed after getting someone with an up and under a few weeksago..
tired.gif

I hate old heads that couldnt play when they were young and now think they are good because they are 32 playing with 16-21 year olds

I hate "and "1" people who always try to make the spectaculor play instead of just making a basic move or pass

I hate how the score is 4-4 and the other team scores and they yell out 5-3(people who cheat on the score)

I hate when somebody shots the ball 20 times makes 4 shots and think they are kobe

I can go on forever........

i dont really like the stomach touch after you shoot, when your defender hits you there. its a good move though, but its a pest move man

and those haters that foul you when you go to dunk

people who stay jacking up shots over 2 or 3 defenders.
basically always trying to shoot the difficult shot rather than giving it to the open man.

I hate when...
  • The tallest player on the court insists on sitting on the wing or bringing the ball up the court. Then...wants to complain when we aren't rebounding the ball.
    eyes.gif
    Get your tall @*% in the paint.
  • When I'm off, I'm off.
    tired.gif
    When I'm on, I'm on.
    devil.gif
    I can't find a happy medium to save my life sometimes. When I'm off, I'm missing everything from jumpers to lay-ups. When I'm on, I'm hitting everything and banking in 3's. It makes no sense. Actually, I think it's a mental thing. Still...
    mad.gif
    mad.gif
    mad.gif
  • Dudes try to walk in and automatically call next without looking around...seeing 10-15 guys waiting. Then, get mad and try to say they was there or their "homie" left and gave him their next. What the %+@* ever, son.
    smh.gif
    Today, I went to the court. This guy did just that and since everyone was against him and his boys...since they saw them walk in after the next team, they literally sit on the three point line like their participating in some civil rights sit-in. Are you kidding me?
    eyes.gif
    eyes.gif
    eyes.gif
    Grow up.
  • HS/College/NBA players think they are obligated to shoot every shot since they played for ______. No one cares, guy. Then, get mad when their team loses...blaming it on their teammates that are "inferior" to them since they didn't play for whomever.
  • Dudes have a low basketball IQ. If I'm throwing you a cross court pass...that you're probably calling for, come to the ball. Don't sit there and wait for it to sit into your hands.
    laugh.gif
    That's like running a long route, calling for a pass, and standing there waiting for the ball to fall into your hands.
  • There is a 2 on 1 fastbreak with us having the ball...and I'm on the wing or behind him calling for the ball and he insists on trying to cross the offender or jump over him or something ridiculous when he could have just passed it to me where I could have hit the open shot or got him more open if the defender jumped out to prevent me from hitting the easy jumper.
  • Dudes walk onto the court with Jordan shoes, Jordan shorts, Jordan headbands, Jordan armbands, Ballerbands...and can't play for $%%@.
    roll.gif
    Lies and deceit.

When I'm off, I'm off.
tired.gif
When I'm on, I'm on.
devil.gif
I can't find a happy medium to save my life sometimes. When I'm off, I'm missing everything from jumpers to lay-ups. When I'm on, I'm hitting everything and banking in 3's. It makes no sense. Actually, I think it's a mental thing. Still...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

frown.gif
this describes me offensively too. i do think it's amental thing for sure. when there's a girl watching i kinda like, or even if in my mind there's someone on the other team that doesn't think i canplay, i tend to go on crazy shooting streaks.

-Bad spacing
-Calling weak fouls
-Players not understanding their role and trying to exceed their limitations

Originally Posted by acidicality

When I'm off, I'm off.
tired.gif
When I'm on, I'm on.
devil.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
this describes me offensively too. i do think it's a mental thing for sure. when there's a girl watching i kinda like, or even if in my mind there's someone on the other team that doesn't think i can play, i tend to go on crazy shooting streaks.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's my game in a nutshell. If there is a hot girl in the gym or somebody I don't like, I go off. If it's the same old chumps at the gym, thenI'm not too great.

Also add to my list people who tell you how to play.

Guys call for the ball like they are on your team when they are really on the other team
laugh.gif
I love doing that! Works a charm, especially when theperson with the ball already is nervous or has other teammates already calling them.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Kickaddicted

Guys call for the ball like they are on your team when they are really on the other team
laugh.gif
I love doing that! Works a charm, especially when the person with the ball already is nervous or has other teammates already calling them.
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Yo, Yo, I'm here"

***Claps hands twice***

Works like a charm...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back