What is a reasonable curfew for a 19 year old girl?

I have friend that having this curfew problem with her parents and has brought the issue to me with hopeful advice. Her parents told her 12 is her curfew but she feels that it should be 2-3. So her parents are really angry that this past Saturday she came in at 2 when her parents said that her curfew is 12. So what do you guys feel is a reasonable time for a 19 year old girl freshman in college at Cal state fullerton and has a 21 year old boyfriend who is an amateur skateboarder. 

If I had a daughter and she still lived with me....She gon be in the house by 9...Not 9:01 not 5secs after 9 hit....BUT 9 OCLOCK

*Diddy Voice* Take that Take that

laugh.gif
at a PM

Originally Posted by PraVokal

If I had a daughter and she still lived with me....She gon be in the house by 9...Not 9:01 not 5secs after 9 hit....BUT 9 OCLOCK

*Diddy Voice* Take that Take that

roll.gif

I'm 18 and my parents don't really want me out past 3-4am. They don't really do anything though they just don't want me out past that time.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Still living with mommy & daddy....12 sounds about right.

i have a curfew when i go home...i never follow it tho cuz i know i'm comin back the next day...my dad always tells me next time i'm gonna be late just keep drivin to school

mine is 2...club don't close till like 3 tho

Originally Posted by RLAK824

I have friend that having this curfew problem with her parents and has brought the issue to me with hopeful advice. Her parents told her 12pm is her curfew but she feels that it should be 2-3pm.
Damn can she get outta school first?

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

whenever i'm done with her
This.

But OP tell this girl to get a job and get her own place. No more problems.
She has a job she works at knotts berry farm on the weekend and goes to school during the week

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

whenever i'm done with her
This.

But OP tell this girl to get a job and get her own place. No more problems.
Good luck with that.  What kind of a place is she going to get with a minimum wage part-time job?  You know how expensive it is to get your own place?  Be realistic.

Let's see, paying $700/month minimum for rent, food, bills as opposed to paying nothing and being home an extra couple hours earlier.

If I have a 19 year old daughter one day, and she is living at home, aint no way she is going to be strolling home anytime she pleases. 1 am at the latest.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

She's in college. I'd say however long she wants to stay out as long as she is responsible.

I'm surprised the amount of people that agree with this.  Their in college, as much as a parent would want to still keep a curfew, imo their old enough to stay out as long as they want.

Originally Posted by BigShake

I have friend that having this curfew problem with her parents and has brought the issue to me with hopeful advice. Her parents told her 12pm is her curfew but she feels that it should be 2-3pm.

I wasn't gonna say anything.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

She's in college. I'd say however long she wants to stay out as long as she is responsible.

I'm surprised the amount of people that agree with this.  Their in college, as much as a parent would want to still keep a curfew, imo their old enough to stay out as long as they want.

College isn't that different from high school and she is still a teenager, coming home at 12 shouldn't be a problem.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by BigShake

I wasn't gonna say anything.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
there sucka you happy

i mean...what positive activity could your child possibly be doing past midnight? if i feel generous i'd say 12 but would rather it be like 9-10

They pay the bills, they set the rules. If she doesn't like it she can move out..12am is fine..1-2am should be ok too with approval every once in a while if she wants to go to a club..

Personally, I couldn't imagine having any curfew at that age but I guess all families are different. 

Back
Top Bottom