WHAT IS MAX AIR!!!??!!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Hyperposites, which have 360 Max air, and a pair of KD 5's which claim to have 180 Max air, and a friend that has Lebron 9's, which claim to have 180 Air Max... What is the difference between Air Max and Max Air, and The difference between 180 vs. 360?!?! I'm so confused by it!!!

I think it's just a play on words. For example: The hyperposite's are marketed as having 360 max air, meanwhile the 2013 Air Max has the same exact cushioning setup as the hyperposites.

180 max air is heel cushioning like the Lebron 9's, a 360 bag is what's in the 8's, which is what I prefer actually. Like I said, it's just a play on words...same setup though.

Last edited:
Yes,
I think it's just a play on words. For example: The hyperposite's are marketed as having 360 max air, meanwhile the 2013 Air Max has the same exact cushioning setup as the hyperposites.

180 max air is heel cushioning like the Lebron 9's, a 360 bag is what's in the 8's, which is what I prefer actually. Like I said, it's just a play on words...same setup though.
Yes, but the small bags at the heel you see on KD V's and Hyperaggressor's and all, the small bag, is what? 180, 360, 90, or what? I think It's just considered a heel bag...

Yes,
Yes, but the small bags at the heel you see on KD V's and Hyperaggressor's and all, the small bag, is what? 180, 360, 90, or what? I think It's just considered a heel bag...

those are considered 180 Max Air

180 = heel only

360 = toe to heel

Air Max = Max Air

I have Hyperposites, which have 360 Max air, and a pair of KD 5's which claim to have 180 Max air, and a friend that has Lebron 9's, which claim to have 180 Air Max... What is the difference between Air Max and Max Air, and The difference between 180 vs. 360?!?! I'm so confused by it!!!

at this point in time Nike has different versions of air max for the same tech unit... for example the hyperposite is on a "Basketball Specific Air Max 360 Unit" while the Air Max 2013 is on a "Running Specific Air Max 360"... the difference is the basketball version is lower to the ground and slimmer with added inner structures for support in a active activity like basketball... the running version is visually bigger and also flexes a lot better in the forefoot area with a different inner structure...

Air Max 180 = Maximum air in a heel to midfoot sized unit...

air max 360 = Maximum air in a heel to toe sized unit...

the kd 5 has a regular air max setup not traditional 180.. the max unit is bigger due to the removal of phylon in the heel exposing it completely...

there are many types of Air Max configurations but the kd 5 def isn't Air Max 180

at this point in time Nike has different versions of air max for the same tech unit... for example the hyperposite is on a "Basketball Specific Air Max 360 Unit" while the Air Max 2013 is on a "Running Specific Air Max 360"... the difference is the basketball version is lower to the ground and slimmer with added inner structures for support in a active activity like basketball... the running version is visually bigger and also flexes a lot better in the forefoot area with a different inner structure...

Air Max 180 = Maximum air in a heel to midfoot sized unit...

air max 360 = Maximum air in a heel to toe sized unit...

the kd 5 has a regular air max setup not traditional 180.. the max unit is bigger due to the removal of phylon in the heel exposing it completely...

there are many types of Air Max configurations but the kd 5 def isn't Air Max 180
Ya, thanks, I didn't think that the small heel bag was considered 180... That would glorify all the cheaper low-end sneakers that Nike designs, and slaps an air unit on the bottom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom