What is the big deal about having Nike Air on J's??

smh.gif
Don't even get me started. I knew Hov would be here but Ijapino supprised me, great responses. What makes me so disgusted is their excuses for notusing it.
mad.gif
It's their Ace in the hole and it will be back I guaranteeit. When the Cash Cow tit starts to run dry they'll bring back the 3-6 models with NIKE AIR for the last hurrah.

Go to Hell Gentry!

when Ford re-badged the Mustang as the Mercury Capri, do you remember how well it sold?

it was almost the exact same car, except with some performance differences, but the exterior was identical.

no copy is ever as good as the original.

Word. It is just not the same. The jumpman looks out of place. A big fat Nike Air is what belongs on Jordans.

There are some great responses is here, but there's another point that no one made...

Im not even going to mention the 94 retroes, but the fact that they, Jordan Brand which launched in 1997, started the modern retro era in 1999 with the retroeshave ALL of their Nike Air logos, GREAT quality, and un-hiked prices, and now none of these aspects remain.

People wouldn't complain nearly as much if JB started the modern retro era without Nike Air and good quality, but they did.

Everything was great when they first started.

Then Nike Air was gone.

Then Quality left.

Now prices go up?

And some of you here have the nerve to say we shouldn't complain?????

GET THE $%#+ OUTTA HERE.

JB should make the OG colorways with "Nike Air on the heel", but for the non-OG colorways, they can put a jumpman on it.

Only someone born in the 90's would ask this question....

JB should make the OG colorways with "Nike Air on the heel", but for the non-OG colorways, they can put a jumpman on it.
^^I agree with this %100...

The jumpman makes the shoe look fake to a true OG head....let them put jumpmen on the fake looking colorways they release...but messing with Tinkers Originaldesigns is just plain wrong!

I dont care if the logo of the shoe is swoosh or jumpman, what's important to me is the man and the story behind that shoe....

Originally Posted by Air Marvin

I dont care if the logo of the shoe is swoosh or jumpman, what's important to me is the man and the story behind that shoe....

I agree totally. People need to realize that it's still a privlege to get any retro, not a right. Would I love Nike Air on the back of all the oldschool models? Sure, absolutely. But the fact they're retroing at all and the sales have been up for them should show you that the interest is still therein the shoe regardless of a "Nike Air" placement or not. People on NT contradict themselves...they talk like have a MAJOR issue with JB over thingslike this but are always one of the first people to hype up a shoe or buy multiples. If you don't like the way the company is going...DON'T BUY IT!Simple as that~

People need to realize that it's still a privlege to get any retro, not a right.
yeah guys, its a privilege for JB to LET us spend money for their under-par retroes.

laugh.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif

What's the big deal with having the horse on a Ferarri???
roll.gif
happy.gif

Thats a perfect way to put it. Also I can't see how it would dilute the value of the OG, I mean a real collector would check the box and the productiontag b4 paying OG money, they wouldn't be dooped b/c the shoe looks more OG.

I've read all these responses and to me it just doesn't seem like a big deal... In my mind it's just people being picky and always findingsomething to complain about..but that's just my opinion...to each his own

I agree though about the overally quality of retro's not being up to par w/ the og's...i feel you on that one...

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

People need to realize that it's still a privlege to get any retro, not a right.
yeah guys, its a privilege for JB to LET us spend money for their under-par retroes.

laugh.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif

Here's a guy who reads only what he wants to read....read the last part of my earlier statement fool!

if the OG's had a jumpman on the back, can you imagine the uproar there would be if retros had nike air on the back

AIR J XIII wrote:

nobody's forcing you to buy anything.
get over it.

Well the "NIKE AIR" gives shoes that O.G look,,
I meen I dont think theres anybody here on NT that would put a retro pair of shoes over an OG,,but it goes both ways,,I personally think NIKE AIR looks betterthan a jumpman on the air jordan VI`s
but i also feel that a jumpman looks way better than NIKE AIR on the air jordan III`S,,
it just matters on how the buyer feels about it,,

When it comes down to it, it's NOT really a big deal. If we actually had a choice in the matter, we'd prefer it to be the way it was originallyintended.

In the end, if we really want the shoe, we're gonna buy it...Regardless if it has a Jumpman on it or the Nike Air logo. It just sucks that it's gottento a point where most of us have become content with the idea. We've settled on something we don't quite agree with.

Co-sign what ijapino said.

Newbies and Hypebeasts will never understand why it is important to have the NIKE AIR on a pair of Js.

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

I remember Mike playing in shoes that said Nike Air. The shoes were designed to have Nike Air on the back. It looks better.... I could go on and on, but mainly it's a preference.
i agree and 2 name brands are always better than 1

I hate the Jumpman Air, but some releases I want so I get them. I don't agree with what JB is doing. Even the 23 on the side of the V's was ludicrousto me.

To make the record straight. I haven't bought a retro in well over a year and a half.

Originally Posted by showmedemkicks

Co-sign what ijapino said.

Newbies and Hypebeasts will never understand why it is important to have the NIKE AIR on a pair of Js.
not true cuz i understand it

Back
Top Bottom