What is the greatest team of announcers you`ve ever heard??

whoa nelly thats all u need
TEAM BUFFALO BILLS​
Team Lost Power City ruined my life​
EzCode Parsing Error: co​

Kevin Calabro and Marques Johnson in the Sonics booth. Nothing was better than them. The best play-by-play voice in basketball and one of the best analysts. Marques is coming back for ten games this season. I can't wait.
Keep the Sonics in Seattle​
KEVIN / & JEFF/ & Wally / & Chris / & Luke / & Earl / & Damien / & Nick / & Johan

AL Michaels & John Madden
Kirk Herbstreit & Brent Musburger
Mike Patrick, Todd Blackledge and Holly Rowe

i dont know about greatest i ever heard, but i remember back in the day watching monday night football with dan dierdorf, frank gifford, and al michaels, soi'll go with that for nostalgic purposes

Chick Hearn, when the season started without him, I nearly gave up on basketball......I really felt there can be no LakeShow without Chick, really depressingfeeling. Never felt anything like that for anyone in a long time.

Originally Posted by Rawtoon 305

Kirk Herbstreit & Brent Musburger

Best College FB announcers doin it these days ... no schtick , just great playcalling ...

Pros, i like Madden and Michaels , although madden gets annoying at times ... Joe Buck / Troy Aikman is a great team imo

For NBA , i loved Marv in the 90's ..... can't forget how he used to call " MI-chael JOR-dan"

Ron Maclean and Don Cherry. Hockey Night in Canada.
87lwc4z.jpg

My favorite team is Mike Breen and Walt Clyde Frazier. Runner-up: Bob Varsha, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett for SPEED's F1 broadcasts.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I'll take Raft with just about anyone in college hoops

my 'dream team'

would be

Gus Johnson
Raft
Jay Bilas

pimp.gif
">

Len Elmore gets honorable mention
HOYAS

"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

pimp.gif

Chick n' Stu
John Madden and Al Michaels
Madden and Pat Summerall

There are a few more but I forget.

blaha_162_050928.jpg

George Blaha voice of the Pistons.

edit- Gus Johnson was doing a home piston game the other day. Wasn't he always in NYC?

^ If you don't like them, you don't like NBA basketball
laugh.gif

they are a pretty good duo.
Grant Naper and Jerry Reynolds (i'm in his son's fantasy league
pimp.gif
) are great together.
both of them, for the most part, are brutally honest about the team.

Chick Hearn and Stu Lantz were that duo.

For the first two or three seasons, it took some real adjustmenting to get used to Laker Basketball without Chick Hearn.

The man invented many common terms and phrased that are part of today's basketball venacular. Airball, slam dunk, finger roll, baby hook, dribble drive,garbage time, "no harm no foul," stutter step and triple double. Imagine talking about basketball without all of those trems at our disposal.

The other amazing thing about Chick was the fact that he was the Laker announcer for over 40 years. When Chick died, he was the only Laker play by playannouncer I had every known but that was not just true for younger people. My mom and my uncles said that some of their first memories were listening toLakergames on the radio in the early 1960's and they too could not imagine the Lakers with out Chick. My grandfather said that Chick had been broadcasting forso long and became the play by play announcer less then a year after the Lakers moved to LA that he too could not imagine the Lakers without Chick.

The multi-generational attatchment to Chick Hearn was not unique to my family but to millions of families throughout Southern California. He was legend and cannever be fully replaced, no matter how well his play by play successors do.

Back
Top Bottom