What is the meaning of "HEAT"?????

i would say og's and retros from 02' and below. and the older flight club exclusives like the laser iv and the nubuck 12's

Originally Posted by BallinB

this word is thrown around too often for unworthy kicks

That is exactly my point. I feel as if the word has lost its nostalgia based on the fact that many kix which are not close to being considered. blah! ticks meoff when people consider retro carmines or flip 3s as serious HEAT!!!
ohwell.gif

i generally associate "heat" with something that is hard to find in good condition now.... not necessarily expensive (although most heat is), justsomething that is hard to find today. generally, HEAT is something that was not really hyped when it was first released, but over time, developed a following.the following may be an increased demand for the product, or simply a respect for the product.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Well im bored and i thought i should bring up an interesting topic. What is exactly is the definition of "HEAT" in shoe head terms. Reason why i ask is because i have noticed how the word is thrown around loosely and many people think that retro aqua 8s, laser 15s, sport red 1s, mist blue 4s, and etc....are actually kix which are high on many others list of acquiring or think that by looking at flight club prices they are. then again i do know that each and every one of us look at pairs differently. for instance I for one has a very small but impressive jordan collection. I dont have doubles and i focus only on original colors. Please NT share your thoughts and sorry for the meaningless post, just wanted to read some opinions.

"Heat" is PURELY subjective. One's man's toss aside beaters may be another's holy grail.

The term "heat" is definitely a subjective term. If you think the AJF13 is heat then whatever, but this terms crosses over when used in a generalsense. For example a dude may think that fusions are heat, but that same guy logs on and posts on NT and gets annihilated. In a sense ones idea of"heat" is subjective when used on an individual bases, you use it in public, then things tend to get a little more complicated. My personal idea of"heat" would be a somewhat limited shoe (that isn't ugly like FC premier fusions) or an older OG/retro (cement IV's, Infrared VI's,etc.). I think the line gets blurred whenever people throw the "heat" tag on hyped up shoes thus the shoe becomes "heat".

Originally Posted by aphexacid

If you think Aqua's aint heat, you are severely trippin.
Originally Posted by Trav T

^^To me, heat must be older and a little rare. OG Aquas would be heat.

Yes. IMO, OG Aquas would be considered "heat".

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

There is no definition. I think 18s are heat, while most other people will think its trash.
18's are heat, actually I consider those black/blue XVIII'S in your avy as Grail's.

Heat are Jordan in high demand (ex. most VI's, most XI's, Cmt IV's, wht/cmt III's, '06 DMP etc.)

Mostly Jordan '02 and earlier.

Originally Posted by dejahnw

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

There is no 1 meaning of HEAT..Everybody has different opinions of what HEAT is to them.

^ I agree, depends sometimes on the value of the kicks now and days, and how limited they are.
i agree too

One pair of jordans which i often dont see associated with the word heat are original 15s. I happend to have two pairs which are the obsidians and columbias. Ithink of them as being heat and rare, does anyone else agree??

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

One pair of jordans which i often dont see associated with the word heat are original 15s. I happend to have two pairs which are the obsidians and columbias. I think of them as being heat and rare, does anyone else agree??
I like the 15's, I have OG black 15's they are heat to me.

I agree anything Nike Air on them 80's 90's retros and some early 2000's. Something really rare like Undft 4's, eminems 4's. Heat issomthing special and hard to come by.

classic good looking shoes are considered heat...i.e. concords, white/red XII's, royal foams, Midnight VI's...etc. There are some new-school heat aswell but not as much i feel (like alot have been stating)

I think everyone has their opinion of heat

in my opinion heat can be used to describe shoes like the 11s, 13s, 3s

Back
Top Bottom