what is the purpose? (xbox360)

1. Cut down loading times - on some games significantly, on other games not so much - I heard that Halo 3 actually loads slower if installed, but this is veryrare
2. Lower the noise that the console makes - the feature that I notice the most, makes playing games much more fun
3. Reduce the heat of the console, which is what causes RROD - heard that it reduces the heat just by a couple of degrees, but it still helps
4. Lowers the risk of some disc drive malfunction - which is one of the biggest issues with any console
5. Less scratches on the discs, makes your games easier to sell

Installing games on the harddrive >>>>>> playing raw off the disc, I would recommend it to anyone, mainly because of the lower noise, even ifthat was the only reason.

BTW, isn't it extremely obvious why you still have to have the game in the disc drive when playing it?? If you could just install them, then sales of gameswould go down 90%+. People would only rent games.

OP, now that you got your friend's version on the HD, try loading your bad version (assuming it didn't snap in half or something) - it might work. ihad a game that woudln't load before so i tried ripping it to the HD. after that, it worked with no probs.

does anyone know if you can burn someone elses games onto your hardrive?? such as your friends or blockbusters? im thinkin purchasing an elite

Back
Top Bottom