What is your favorite single item on the Thanksgiving table?

My mom and I have talked on the phone about 10 times in the last week to fine tune the Thanksgiving feast. She and my wife have exchanged an unknown number ofe-mails, but I would guess they have been in contact at least as many times as FDR spoke to Churchill in the days leading up to Normandy.

Every year, there is a dazzling array of food at mom's house. There are multiple snack foods available before the meal such as cheese cubes, venisonsausage, crab stuffed mushrooms, spinach and artichoke dip and chips, and various other guest stars. The main meal is always turkey and ham accompanied by awide range of sides, from traditional items like sweet potatoes and stuffing to this year's offering of potato-goat cheese gratin.

My favorite dish occurs at the end of the meal. My mom makes this unbelievable pumpkin pie. It is not the traditional dense, savory pie. Instead, it is a coldpie that is more along the lines of a pumpkin mousse. The filling has a whipped consistency, is sweet with some great spice notes, and is about two inchesthick. It is topped by a layer of whipped cream that is also about two inches thick. She makes her own crusts as well, and they are always perfect. Taken alltogether, this dessert is by far my favorite dish of the day.

Do you have a dish that you look forward to each Thanksgiving?

one dish? bump that

first plate = ham, potato salad and baked kidney beans

second plate = turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce

as long as i got them two plates im good ... but my family usually comes correct on the other side dishes and deserts ... we get down on holidays

Pork Green Chile...

pimp.gif

[Will Smith] There was turkey and stuffing, corn, macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoe pie ooh grandma please![Will Smith]
thats a OG quote if you followed Will Smith's rap career
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by stunner157

address?
happy.gif

She lives right outside Ft. Campbell. If you are a soldier that is not going home, I can swing it. My step-dad is in the Army and we have had soldiers comeover that cannot get home for the holidays.

FDR spoke to Churchill in the days leading up to Normandy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
my man comin' through with the operation overlord references.

for me, it would have to be a tie between my mom's homemade stuffing and my wife's port wine poached pears with candied pecans.

Back
Top Bottom