What keeps you going. VOL: everyday is exactly the same

maaan i feel you.. i hate winter/fall weather.. if i had the $$$, id be spending NOV - FEB in Hawaii or the Caribbeans 
frown.gif

what i do to get over this: watch travel channel shows on tropical getaways.. yea i know, lame 
tired.gif
laugh.gif

I'm not a winter person at ALL...I get sick instantly...tonsils just start acting up soon as the season comes in.

but success keeps me going, I wasn't born rich, and I'm not making money like that........so I fight everyday to just find that happiness, money, seeing beautiful women while out and about, books, gym,etc.

Whenever I get down, i think about why im down then realize it could be worse, and i say "!@@! it man, life goes on. I cant be worried about this silly @@%*" Then i play a song that puts a smile on my face.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

My girl said this to me back when we first started talking, you might find some meaning in it.
"I think the three essential things to life are having something to do, someone that you can love, and something to look forward to. "
Word man, thanks for sharing this. 
pimp.gif

OP and everyone else actually READING this thread- I know the feeling all too well. Take advantage of being in school and being around people. It's good for you. I've been done w college since 2008, moved to a new city, got a great career going, my own place; the ideal bachelor situation. Except it gets pretty boring at times. I didn't grow up here nor go to school here so I don't really belong to any social scene. Some times I'll just be at a coffee shop reading, or going to the gym at 11pm. Find leisure activities and get out more.

Second bit of advice that I have for you and everyone else is to be more optimistic. One can't decide to be more optimistic, you have to go through enough downs and ups to realize that once you're down, you can only go up from there. Someone on NT has this slogan in their signature "Life isn't easy. But life isn't so bad" or something like that.

I guess to answer your question as to what keeps me going- the unexpected. My next girlfriend can be out there and we can cross paths at random and BOOM; the down season suddenly becomes an up season.

Originally Posted by TiDE619

OP and everyone else actually READING this thread- I know the feeling all too well. Take advantage of being in school and being around people. It's good for you. I've been done w college since 2008, moved to a new city, got a great career going, my own place; the ideal bachelor situation. Except it gets pretty boring at times. I didn't grow up here nor go to school here so I don't really belong to any social scene. Some times I'll just be at a coffee shop reading, or going to the gym at 11pm. Find leisure activities and get out more.

Second bit of advice that I have for you and everyone else is to be more optimistic. One can't decide to be more optimistic, you have to go through enough downs and ups to realize that once you're down, you can only go up from there. Someone on NT has this slogan in their signature "Life isn't easy. But life isn't so bad" or something like that.

I guess to answer your question as to what keeps me going- the unexpected. My next girlfriend can be out there and we can cross paths at random and BOOM; the down season suddenly becomes an up season.

this is solid advice right here.

damn...

this thread is exactly where i'm at right now.

sometimes i wonder... is this really life? when does it get interesting.

depressions' a !#@*!
frown.gif

i'm envious of people with that drive...people who know what they wanna do. people who find their passion and make a career out of it. i was never the type of kid that knew what he wanted to do with his life. i'm 22 and stopped going to school right before getting my A.A. cuz i have no idea what i want to do for the rest of my life.

working in an office is depressing too. we werent meant to be sitting down in a chair in front of a computer screen for 40+ hours a week.

Originally Posted by SnowboardingPanda

My girl said this to me back when we first started talking, you might find some meaning in it.
"I think the three essential things to life are having something to do, someone that you can love, and something to look forward to. "
pimp.gif
You're welcome man, I just remembered it when I read this thread, and I think it's a good way to live 
pimp.gif

The fact that I have so many people relying on me for more than one reason to be successful. An inner drive to bring out the best and me and the pleasure of seeing others looking up to me, and my family proud of me.

Waking up everyday knowing I can make a difference in someone's life is what motivates me.

At one point it hit me that sometimes it won't be all about me...

I think that going to college like what OP is doing is great. It helps you find yourself and the things you like to do...
I was a math major my first 2 years of college... absolutely dreaded the classes... I even began to feel how OP feels now.
Then I took a chem course and loved it. Up until I finished the pre-med curriculum and went to med school.
Now I'm just thankful for the position I am in, and the family I have.

To OP, instead of looking at the problems you have, look at the blessings you have.

Yeah I hear ya man. Seasonal depression is a $#*%#. I wake up every morning feeling like FML. When I can sleep it I sleep in as much as I can, no desire to get up. 

The only thing that really has kept me going is the results I've had at the gym. Pretty much makes my day, and if I can go to the gym for a day I feel empty. 

I've become pretty much completely anti-social. People ask me to go out and I just stay home

you just described me to a T. My grandpa died on Dec 21st and i just lost the drive to do anything. It's hard for me too because Im mentally resilient, but i just dont care about anything anymore besides getting a new job. I try to treat myself but i just feel the same way....my girl abd ny friends is ultra supportivebut ive been a real loner lately. I try to hit the gym and work out, that's really the only thing that keeps me sane.

Originally Posted by SnowboardingPanda

pimp.gif
You're welcome man, I just remembered it when I read this thread, and I think it's a good way to live 
pimp.gif

niiiice
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Looks like we're all in the same boat tho. I know exactly how everyone else is feeling right now.
I get mad over the smallest things when it comes to the people around where I live and ESPECIALLY the drivers.
When I get mad tho I always remember my trip to the Philippines because we have no reason to be mad or bitter. Theres people in these
3rd world countries that got it way worse than us. We have it good and sometimes take that for granted while they know real struggle.
The thought of making it someday and my love for music pushes me everyday. Also teaching little kids drumming is something to look foward to weekly.

Corny, kinda but thats just my thought. I used to be an angry *** person for no reason during the winters when I had nothing to do. Not depressed, just bitter I guess.

Hobbies is a great way to keep yourself busy. I mean granted I live in SF and we have been having high 60 to 70 degree weather, so there is really no complaining on my side. But still, I find life (at my age anyways) slow a lot of times. A lot of people I know are married, have kids, make good money, travel etc.....and I find myself just struggling to do every day things.

But lately I have been playing basketball again, working out, got into fixing up a bicycle and shooting photos. Still....it's still slow as hell but if I didn't have these things, I think I would literally go crazy.

Wait for that good ol' sun to return to our part of the hemisphere my friend. Our energy will be here in a few months, I co-sign this feeling.

Up until then try to find and enjoy the simple joys in your life... like flipping your jays FAT and being able paying your bills on time etc.. cuzzo.

You kinda remind me of myself last winter when I was obsessed with apocalyptic thoughts and finding a new place to live.

I wake n bake EVERY morning then slap on my headphones to drive to work. It's something I look forward to and I know it helps me get thru my day at a medium pace.

To each his own.

I think everyone goes through this.
Just make sure that at the end of the day you feel good about yourself...

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Wow, feel the same way as the both of you, won't even get into the details. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by dgk3188

damn...

this thread is exactly where i'm at right now.

sometimes i wonder... is this really life? when does it get interesting.

depressions' a !#@*!
frown.gif

i'm envious of people with that drive...people who know what they wanna do. people who find their passion and make a career out of it. i was never the type of kid that knew what he wanted to do with his life. i'm 22 and stopped going to school right before getting my A.A. cuz i have no idea what i want to do for the rest of my life.

working in an office is depressing too. we werent meant to be sitting down in a chair in front of a computer screen for 40+ hours a week.

Im sayin. Sometimes I feel like im not living right.

I think having access to the internet just makes it worse.

Except NT... I think I'm gonna get rid of my social networking platforms . Reading feeds and seeing everyone else's lives as %#!@*% as mine and no one being creative or anything is a DOWNER

Originally Posted by prymone

the only thing that keeps me going is hoping it will get better one day

and the kush

i feel the exact same way then my ex always telling me about all the good things that happens in her life and she gets mad when i hit her with the
eyes.gif
 face

Sounds like you need some
pimp.gif

Breaks up those boring times and makes things a little more interesting.

Also, move to Cali.

Winter? What winter?

Back
Top Bottom