What Kind of Computer speakers you guys running? Vol. I'm in the market fo' some!

Moving to my apartment soon, when I was in the dorms last year I missed my speakers at home. Right now I'm not searching for anything fancy, nothing like5.1 digital surround.

My requirements thus far would be that the speakers are:

• at least 2.1 (meaning 2 speakers, 1 sub)
  • Have to have moderate to ground-pounding bass
  • Fit within a $150 budget (before taxes) - If it costs a little bit more than that, I might or might not consider based on reviews.
Also, the whereabouts to places I can get the speakers will be appreciated. I don't mind going to stores and looking (i.e. best buy, costco...etc.) Orif online is cheaper/better.

Thanks in advance.

Well...what are they?
nerd.gif

^Ooooh! I actually knew someone who had that system last year. Both speakers were blown
laugh.gif
. Let's see what else we got goin on. I think I shall try online.

Well, I'm really only gonna use these speakers for music, so the $200 Audio engines don't sound too bad either, but they don't have a sub. Hasanybody ever heard the Logitech X-240?

To all the dudes telling me I can't get a good 2.1 for around 150...how much are the systems you have in mind exactly? Are you thinking around 2-300 likethe Bose 2.1?

I have the Logitech Z-2300. They're decent for a computer system. They're loud (THX Certified) and have a lot of bass. You should be able to find onearound $120.

I got some Logitech 5.1 from my dad for Christmas one year because he said they were on sale. I would keep your eyes open around holiday season and see whatyou can find.

^That sounds like exactly what I need...which I guess is what I dont pass offered. Haha...It's between the Klipsch promedia and the Z-2300 now. Qualitywise, isn't klipsch known for making better speakers?

Thank you all for the feedback. And Monday, those speakers and sub would make for a really impressive set-up...but I only have a laptop and it's a piece of%*$$ soundcard. I wouldn't really be able to utilize that set-up to its max...but definitely something I can see myself having in the future. Actually onceI get a House, I ain't running nothing but a Velodyne sub
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom