What makes an MC?

am1x90xnike

Banned
What are the qualities you look for in an MC? we argue "He's better, no he's better" and there is no way to have an objective test, but I would like to know what ya'll think an MC should have.

First and Foremost...the most important thing is to be able to tell a story, whether it's a story about a child throwing a baby in the garbage, a night at the club, some poor kid growing up in the hood, going to your fathers funeral...if you want to be a good MC you need to be able to tell a story.

Next, you have to have a solid flow, a flow that fits the beat, a flow that isn't boring.

Then, Clever word play, the ability to say something that makes one listen and go "Aha I get that, that was clever"

Lastly, consistancy. One good song, is cool and you will get respect for it, but don't tell me he's a good MC because he had one good song give me an album, then give me one more and then we can talk about how good of an MC you are.

discuss.

it's a case by case basis.

i don't have a template.

2pac is my favorite rapper followed by Andre 3000.

two completely different rappers that offers some similar things, but some things that are vastly different.

i also bump Chief Keef's album and he offers nothing they offer :lol:

What are the qualities you look for in an MC? we argue "He's better, no he's better" and there is no way to have an objective test, but I would like to know what ya'll think an MC should have.

First and Foremost...the most important thing is to be able to tell a story, whether it's a story about a child throwing a baby in the garbage, a night at the club, some poor kid growing up in the hood, going to your fathers funeral...if you want to be a good MC you need to be able to tell a story.

Next, you have to have a solid flow, a flow that fits the beat, a flow that isn't boring.

Then, Clever word play, the ability to say something that makes one listen and go "Aha I get that, that was clever"

Lastly, consistancy. One good song, is cool and you will get respect for it, but don't tell me he's a good MC because he had one good song give me an album, then give me one more and then we can talk about how good of an MC you are.

discuss.
You pretty much covered it b.

Back
Top Bottom