What movie did you think was the best/ favorite for yourself? Avengers v. TDKR

Loved both for their strengths. Avengers had action, comedy, and characters meshing together. TDKR had suspense, a bit of mystery, drama, and epicness. Batman was better for me, but, I enjoyed both very much.

TDKR by far. Cobie Smulders was hot in Avengers and would be the only reason I would wash it against. Otherwise, TDKR > Avengers in all other aspects.

there was more action in avengers, but dark knight rises was the better movie.

i think avengers went a little overboard reaching for the laughs at some parts.

Avengers was terrible, not sure what people saw in it that made them say it was better than TDK :smh:

TDKR was amazing and completely craps on Avengers.

we took an informal poll at work and the more unintelligent people preferred the avengers - sounds like a joke but i'm serious. TDKR was a superior movie by far. BY FAR.

we took an informal poll at work and the more unintelligent people preferred the avengers - sounds like a joke but i'm serious. TDKR was a superior movie by far. BY FAR.
laugh.gif
I wouldn't say least intelligent of my friends preferred Avengers, but the most immature ones did...

:lol: I wouldn't say least intelligent of my friends preferred Avengers, but the most immature ones did...

Christopher Nolan fans are so annoying. Same thing that was said about Inception. Somehow, Nolan fans believe that everyone that doesn't like his movies is stupid.

I won't see The Dark Knight Returns until tonight or tomorrow, but I can already say, Avengers hands down. I just like Iron Man too much. I went to see Avengers three times lol.:tongue:

Avengers was terrible, not sure what people saw in it that made them say it was better than TDK :smh:
TDKR was amazing and completely craps on Avengers.

If you didn't see it for Iron Man or the Hulk, it was worth seeing just to see Scarlett Johansson in leather.

Sure, The Dark Knight is more "intelligent" or intellectually stimulating or whatever, but I don't see movies based on comic books to make me think. That's what I read novels for.

Enjoyed both and its like comparing apples to oranges imo but I'd go with TDKR. If I had to see either film multiple times it's TDKR. With the Avengers I'd pretty much skip to the Hulk and Loki scene and be done with it

Hulk and Thor made the Avengers for me. If it wasn't for them it would of been a snooze fest. And the Scarlett eye candy is def a plus

Personally it's TDKR for me. But it's really hard to compare the 2 because of the following factors:

• TDKR was the conclusion to it's trilogy, Avengers was just the beginning. Thus, Avengers would make people thirsty for the follow up as TDKR would be more of a closure type of thing.
  • Avengers was a straight up action/adventure flick, as TDKR is more of a noir/drama film.

I think that sums it up basically. Both are comic book adaptations, that's about the closest comparison that we can go. It's like the Avengers is for the "masculine" part of your brain that begs for that adrenaline pumping action as TDKR caters to the more "cerebral" part of your brain which goes for more character development and drama.

I went to see Avengers 2 days after I saw it the first time. I don't have any great urge to see the TDKR ever again. Except maybe the Catwoman parts, which were so sparce.

i nejoyed TDKR much more than the avengers.

avengers was a fun movie, but FOR ME, there is no replay value. i can watch the batman trilogy times and times over.

Back
Top Bottom