What OG pairs did you own when they released?

1991- VI's Black/Infrared (I had to get them 2 sizes too big to wear them for a few years, because there was no way my Dad was paying $100 for shoes, and it was worth it)
1995- XI's White/Black/Concord
1996- XI's Black/Red
1996- XII's White/Black/Taxi
1997- XII's White/Red
XIII's White/Black/Red
1998- XIII's White/Red
XIII's Black/White (actually selling this pair right now)
1999- XIV's White/Red (selling this pair too)
2001- XVII White/Blue
XVII Black
XVII+ White/Croc
2002- XVIII Black/Blue
XVIII White/Blue
XVIII White/Red

1991- VI's Black/Infrared (I had to get them 2 sizes too big to wear them for a few years, because there was no way my Dad was paying $100 for shoes, and it was worth it)
1995- XI's White/Black/Concord
1996- XI's Black/Red
1996- XII's White/Black/Taxi
1997- XII's White/Red
XIII's White/Black/Red
1998- XIII's White/Red
XIII's Black/White (actually selling this pair right now)
1999- XIV's White/Red (selling this pair too)
2001- XVII White/Blue
XVII Black
XVII+ White/Croc
2002- XVIII Black/Blue
XVIII White/Blue
XVIII White/Red

You can tell the old fellas on here. We don't come up with names, we use the colorway and number.

My first MENs size Jordan was the White and Cement IV I was probably 6 when they dropped maybe 7. I remember getting the White and Blue iVs and being super upset because I wanted the White/Black/Red. Oh, how times have changed. The guy with pics is awesome. I going to dig out mine of some White/Black/Red with 23 on the side OG Vs I had with an ill Bulls turtleneck. LOL!!!

Originally Posted by Bigmiz

You can tell the old fellas on here. We don't come up with names, we use the colorway and number.

My first MENs size Jordan was the White and Cement IV I was probably 6 when they dropped maybe 7. I remember getting the White and Blue iVs and being super upset because I wanted the White/Black/Red. Oh, how times have changed. The guy with pics is awesome. I going to dig out mine of some White/Black/Red with 23 on the side OG Vs I had with an ill Bulls turtleneck. LOL!!!

You, sir, speak the truth.  I remember back in the day, we didn't even refer to them as the Jordan III, IV, V, etc.  It was the year, and color, and the current model was always just the "Jordan."  III = 88, IV = 89, V = 90.  For example, I begged my mom for the "Black 90's."  I don't even remember seeing a roman numeral attached to a Jordan until the IX's came out, actually.  And that was on a pamphlet from Flight Club that showed sketches of all the old models.

Peace,
    J

White/True Blue/Cement IIIs (1988)
White/Fire Red/Black Vs (1990)
White/Maroon VIs (1991)
Black/Red VIIs (1992)
White/Varsity Red XIIs (1997) - Still have these but they are worn out pretty bad
Black/Red/White XIIIs (1998)
White/Red/Black XIVs (1999)
Varsity Royal/Black/White XIVs - low tops (1999) - Still have these in deadstock condition

I pretty much stopped getting OGs after the XIVs....not sure why.  I didn't buy any from 1993 - 1996 because I was paying my own tuition for college.  I eventually went back and tried to fill in the gaps of my favorites ones that I had to pass up.  I'd like to get a pair of IIs and Xs to complete my collection from I to XIV.

1989- Cement Grey IV- GS size. I was a size 7.5 / 8 but my dad wouldn't buy the men size =(
1990- Black / Red IV - remembering walking to the mall and seeing this on sale for 99.99. I really didn't want it cus everyone at school had these. But decided to buy them anyway.
1990- White / Fire Red V
1991- Wite / Infrared VI
1992- Black / Bordeaux VII (these shoes were some POS, half way through the year the bottom sole ripped in half)

After this I saw what the VIII looked like, and I quit Jordan Brand. Until the XIs came out, but I was actually more into the 95 Air Max Uptempo (Pippens)

mFgKg.jpg

Z0ejJ.jpg

kzhE3.jpg

Aqua 8's (beat, thrown away my first pair ever I was probably in 5th Grade)

these are packed away in my closet

Columbia XI (beat to death)

white/blue XV

red/black XVI

blue/white XVI

II's White/red as infant, then o for the next 18 years until I got a job and copped the 20's lol

White/Infra 6's -- 1st pair ever in the 7th grade
Aqua 8's
Wht/Blk 9's
Steel 10's
Concord 11's
Ginger 16's
Black/Silver 17's
Stealth 20's

Red/Black 23 V's
Bordeaux VII's
Aqua VIIIs
Olive IXs
Shadow Xs
Bred XIs
Taxi XIIs
Black/White XIIIs
Bred XXI lows

back in the good old days when you didnt have to camp out. you could actually walk into the store and just buy them! and they were a lot cheaper too!

VI - Black/Infraed
VII - Black/red
VIII - Wht/Blk/Gry and Blk/Rd
IX - Blk/Rd
X - Wht/Steel Gry and Blk/Shadow
XI - All colorways including the low ie
XII - Wht/Blk/Taxi, Blk/Wht and Blk/Rd
XIII - All colorways except Flints
XIV - XX3 - Blk/Rd
I wont list the 2009-2011 because i dont consider those true Jordans

First pair that I remember is black/infrared 6s, I saw a pic of me in cardinal 7s, I remember the white/red 8s and black /red 8s, next I remember black/red 11 I.e. , then bk/red 12, navy/white 12, black /white 13, white red 13, black?/red 13, white/black 14, white/red 14, black/red 14, white/Carolina 14, lightning 17, mule 17, white/royal 18, white/ Carolina 18 low, black/red 19, seattle 22, stealth 23, white red 23 lows that's it that I can think of. I got the 20sdiarrheas and 21s after they were out a while

Black/Olive IX (Kindergarden 1994-1995)
Bred XI (1st grade 1995-1996)
happy.gif

Taxi XII (2nd grade 1996-1997)
Black/Chutney & Navy/Carolina XIII lows (3rd Grade 1997-1998)

XI Space Jams

XIV Indiglos

XVII Lows (Black and North Carolina Blue)

XVIII Lows (Black)

OG 1 white/blk/red when i was born September 15 1985 (moms told me she got them for me)
black/infrared VI kids size
chutney XIII low
last shot XIV
light ginger/black/white XIV low
Carolina XV
midnight navy XVI (still have)
XVII- Black XVII straight from Nike without the retail suitcase (Still have the box), white/red, college blue, Carolina low
XVIII- black/royal- white/royal, white/red (still wear black royals)
XVIII.5- white/blk (still wear), blk/carolina
XIX- white/grey, blk/red, east coast navy, midwest red, SE lakers, SE navy/white/gold Olympic (still wear all)
XX1- white/black/red (still wear)
XX3- stealth, white/red (still wear both)

Originally Posted by jshortt

Originally Posted by Bigmiz

You, sir, speak the truth.  I remember back in the day, we didn't even refer to them as the Jordan III, IV, V, etc.  It was the year, and color, and the current model was always just the "Jordan."  III = 88, IV = 89, V = 90.  For example, I begged my mom for the "Black 90's."  I don't even remember seeing a roman numeral attached to a Jordan until the IX's came out, actually.  And that was on a pamphlet from Flight Club that showed sketches of all the old models.

Peace,
    J
So funny that you guys mentioned this.  We just called the current model "The New Jordans", and when they released you either had the white ones or the black ones.
It was so special when a blue colorway would hit shelves.  It was almost unreal to see True Blues 3s, Miltary IVs, and Sport Blue VI.  This is even reflected in my NT screenname.
laugh.gif

Too many to list so I will just list some of the ones I know I didn't get.. One that stands out is the concord 11's I was able to get a pair for my wife, which she wore one time,sz 7 men, and still has.. but she wasn't able to secure a pair for me. I got some Grant Hill Filas instead. You can imagine my dissapointment.. Let's see another couple of pairs my Mom bought but decided to take back.. The 5's white/red, and a Pair of 6's, white/carmine.. I never liked the 15's so never bought any of those.  Other than that between my Mom buying them for me, to me becoming of age and getting a job, and realatives buying them for birthdays, Christmas gifts or other excuses, I pretty much have played in them and worn them all.

Back
Top Bottom