What ONE public figure has been the most influential to you/your life???

Originally Posted by spacerace

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Skip Bayless
stephen-a-smith-first-take-skip-bayless-2.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

TroyMcClure wrote:
Lol what was Obama done for you guys?

Nevermind, not even gonna derail this thread.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Derail away my good sir. I mean Obama is a cool dude. But from a realistic stand point, he hasn't done +$$$ in office. There hasn't been an iconic president, meaningful president worthy of praise since JFK. But in all honesty he won the election off of "swag". An intelligent, eloquent speaking young energetic black man with the smile and wit that makes 85% of the world forget all presidents are pawns in the match.[/font]

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

TroyMcClure wrote:
Lol what was Obama done for you guys?

Nevermind, not even gonna derail this thread.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Derail away my good sir. I mean Obama is a cool dude. But from a realistic stand point, he hasn't done +$$$ in office. There hasn't been an iconic president, meaningful president worthy of praise since JFK. But in all honesty he won the election off of "swag". An intelligent, eloquent speaking young energetic black man with the smile and wit that makes 85% of the world forget all presidents are pawns in the match.[/font]

The simple fact that he is a black man who went to Harvard law and was a community activist is admirable.
He has done a lot

He has upped the ante.

grin.gif

"Swag"  
laugh.gif

what does "He has up the ante" even mean? even when I correct it to "He has upped the ante"...what does that even mean?

I don't even give two @*!#@ about politics JUST KEEPIN IT REAL (and trolling).

carlsagansaganflowers.jpg

neil3large.png

Q: If a taco and a burrito are traveling near the speed of light and collide, will the result be delicious?
Spoiler [+]
A: The result would be an explosion large enough to destroy a small village. High speed collisions do that, whether or not they are made of Mexican food. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Spoiler [+]
tumblrkovlpkay8y1qza3e8.jpg

Kids everywhere should know about NDT and Sagan. Embrace the Universe
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

what does "He has up the ante" even mean? even when I correct it to "He has upped the ante"...what does that even mean?

I don't even give two @*!#@ about politics JUST KEEPIN IT REAL (and trolling).

I had hoped that you were just trolling.
I dont even know what I meant, I was feeling patriotic
FOR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!

Buddha, Bruce Lee, or Sun Tzu.

On another note, tickets went on sale to hear the Dalai Lama speak in San Diego, and I missed on my chance. It would have been cool to hear him speak, and see whether or not he would've made my list.

Originally Posted by tml09

carlsagansaganflowers.jpg

neil3large.png

Q: If a taco and a burrito are traveling near the speed of light and collide, will the result be delicious?
Spoiler [+]
A: The result would be an explosion large enough to destroy a small village. High speed collisions do that, whether or not they are made of Mexican food. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Spoiler [+]
tumblrkovlpkay8y1qza3e8.jpg

Kids everywhere should know about NDT and Sagan. Embrace the Universe
pimp.gif
NDT >>> Sagan but still 
pimp.gif

The reason I will die an astrophysicist.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by M4rioL

honestly I'm going to agree with you only for the fact that I hate how famous' and celebrities are always so happy and they have to put on a face. like with any incidents of a competition "and the winner is..." she jumps for joy while the other girls HAS to put on a smile while in her head "this bich..." He has the balls to say "really now? Beyonce did have one of the best of all time" if the camera was on me when i heard i didn't win " my expression would be a combo of Come'on Son and

he's saying what other people have on their minds. keeps it real like Ronnie

But these people are always the hot heads who get fired for going off..
The ones with nobody at their funeral cause they always "kept it real"

Censorship is not a bad thing, not every feeling needs to be expressed, kanye is VERY female like to me. 
ohwell.gif

But hey thats yo dude let me stop hating.
laugh.gif
Kept it real ... your example: the MTV awards, this guy got upset about an award in which he wasn't nominated for (female contenders) and steals the microphone to say who he thinks should of won. Sounds like a whiney baby to me, but if thats the one person that influences you then that speaks volumes about your character.

people like others who keep it real others don't, there's times when you should speak and times when you shouldn't. like shoefreak said not every feeling needs to be expressed, Kanye chose his various 'moments' and he's known for what he is today. Is it better to know how someone really feels then never or real late? in an kinda same example is Would everybody still liked Jordan if him being a-hole was known to be 100% fact during his prime instead of retired and years after touching the court? only to be found out with Chamillionaire and past teammates stories etc

I've never really idolized anybody, because i had my father and older brothers around, but i've never heard about Pharrell being mean, I've seen him perform he comes out to the crowd... He's always showing love, and i heard he does actually live/or go back to VA beach alot... If i could be a public figure it would be Pharrell

Originally Posted by M4rioL

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

But these people are always the hot heads who get fired for going off..
The ones with nobody at their funeral cause they always "kept it real"

Censorship is not a bad thing, not every feeling needs to be expressed, kanye is VERY female like to me. 
ohwell.gif

But hey thats yo dude let me stop hating.
laugh.gif
Kept it real ... your example: the MTV awards, this guy got upset about an award in which he wasn't nominated for (female contenders) and steals the microphone to say who he thinks should of won. Sounds like a whiney baby to me, but if thats the one person that influences you then that speaks volumes about your character.

people like others who keep it real others don't, there's times when you should speak and times when you shouldn't. like shoefreak said not every feeling needs to be expressed, Kanye chose his various 'moments' and he's known for what he is today. Is it better to know how someone really feels then never or real late? in an kinda same example is Would everybody still liked Jordan if him being a-hole was known to be 100% fact during his prime instead of retired and years after touching the court? only to be found out with Chamillionaire and past teammates stories etc

I don't really know what you were trying to say ... But for what it is, yes I respect people that speak their mind when doing so for a cause. I can only think of two events w/ Kanye, feel free to correct me if there are more. When he said Beyonce should have won & that George Bush does not care about black people, I'm sure many people think the same way but they have blogs. I mean people take it like Kanye was talking about genocide or something, sure at any point I can tell you who I think should win best music video and I have heard comedians & entertainers say George Bush doesn't care about black people well before Kanye.

Originally Posted by Bandit Country

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by kickstart

Why create a thread only to bash those who answer your question? Sense not made.
He's a salty Republican.

What republican would give props to JFK? Use your head.
indifferent.gif

The same type of Republican that would ignore all the responses with rappers and singers and choose to focus on only the ones that mentioned Obama. 

The ones idolizing rappers who made millions off of drugs and gun talk, need no acknowledgement, that's just smh style.

I am not a republican, an anti-democrat, any BS like that. I am anti our flawed gov't and it's evil powerzszsz.

I mean, I was realistic about my "hate" towards him. In all actuality I think Obama is an awesome dude. Any president who can ball and be as cool as him is good in my book.

But, still no president really deserves acclaim they are just puppets...and he is even kind of a republican.

but republican is probably just a BIG WORD you know, but do not know the meaning of
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom