What professional athlete do you wish you were alive to see his prime years?

For me, easy answer is Willie Mays. Would have loved to have been alive to watch his prime years.

willie-mays-mlb-posters.jpg

What about you, NT?

Great thread.

Probably Babe Ruth or Rocky Marciano. Just to see...to compare perhaps.

Mickey Mantle is the athlete I'm most curious about.

i'll extend my list to not only include "alive for" but also "old enough to know what i was watching"....

- Bobby Orr
- Ted Williams
- Wayne Gretzky
- Joe Montana
- Willie Mays
- Ali
- Lawrence Taylor

i was obviously alive for a few of these guys but really couldn't appreciate it since i was less than 10 years old :lol:

I would want to see MJ and Wilt.

Would have been amazing to see the 100 point game.

I have a question for those of you who picked Ali or other boxers. Havent you guys essentially seen their primes? I mean, I know its not exactly the same thing as experiencing it live, but I personally feel like I have seen all of Ali's big fights. I think its very different than, say, seeing Dr. J's prime, due to volume.

I dunno. Just a question.

I don't think I can equate Marciano's prime to blurry, black and white videos. Back then, boxing and baseball were king...I want that atmosphere.

I have a question for those of you who picked Ali or other boxers. Havent you guys essentially seen their primes? I mean, I know its not exactly the same thing as experiencing it live, but I personally feel like I have seen all of Ali's big fights. I think its very different than, say, seeing Dr. J's prime, due to volume.

I dunno. Just a question.

it's a good point. i've seen the highlights, i'd say. but i feel like you miss part of their aura by not seeing it live. i think it definitely takes away from a bit.

also, YA Tittle...since that's BB's favorite QB ever. he better have been ****ing spectacular :lol:

Magic Johnson for sure, and be in the city as well during the height of Showtime.

Have to take into account the time period for some of these, 60s and 70s...nah not for me

Back
Top Bottom