What protein powder are you using? /Recommend me one

This is my first time taking protein powder and I just bought the Optimum nutrition 100% whey protein chocolate malt. It tastes good and mixes fairly well anddoesn't have a lot of other junk in it and has good amount of protein. What do you guys use and is there anything that's worth buying next time?
Also, when do i have to take it? right after you work out (obviously), but some say they also take it right after they wake up and before they go tosleep...are those necessary?

41F6abD36YL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

i dont understand why dudes think that just by taking protein their gona look like Arnold in his prime. Protein isn't some sort of steroid. and thatprotein you posted is good, it has a lot of amino acids and its cheap and taste good, have 1-2 shakes a day i say.

so many people follow sheep..............

ON whey played out

4EVER FIT FRUIT BLAST THE ISOLATE

I use that as well. Bodybuiling.com FTW!

Also, I use Syntha 6....the vanilla flavor is
pimp.gif

Muscle Milk is good too although it is used primarily as a weight gainer because of the increased fat...the blueberries and cream flavor is good.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

pimp.gif

Muscle Milk is good too although it is used primarily as a weight gainer because of the increased fat...the blueberries and cream flavor is good.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

how long you been trainin?

I dont drink protein shakes anymore just meat I grinded up in the shaker bout 2 cups worth tastes good.

if you wanna put on weight get mutant mass.

regardless of what you're taking, have one shake 15-30 minutes after you lift, and another before bed and you'll be good.

pimp.gif

No it's not cheap, on average optimum is $10-20 more depending on what size you get. But optimum is a good choice.

I don't use any. %*$*#* metabolism...I get stronger and bigger but also fatter.

But before, I was using EAS protein.

Whey is pretty good on a cut diet. I personally don't take any supplements, I do it the old fashion way with foods rich in protein already. I do have acarb day once a week though for 'refeeding'.

ON Gold Standard is literally the gold standard when it comes to bang for your buck.

pimp.gif

Chuuuuch! Even if I didn't lift weights I would drink that stuff it's delicious.

Originally Posted by wj4

Whey is pretty good on a cut diet. I personally don't take any supplements, I do it the old fashion way with foods rich in protein already. I do have a carb day once a week though for 'refeeding'.

wj4 tryna look like bruce lee, i can dig it. you doin some p90x type routines huh?

good to hear i made the right choice...

i was about to cop the big huge ugly red bottles that GNC makes but someone told me those are terrible...

also what other ON flavors are good? the chocolate in milk tastes pretty damn good it makes me want to drink it for the hell of it.

muscletech nitrotech is where its at. 26x better than whey protein
also muscletech celltech, i was not kidding around on that one thread about taking them both together.
Guaranteed to gain 10-15 pounds in two weeks.

Originally Posted by retro23phan

muscletech nitrotech is where its at. 26x better than whey protein
also muscletech celltech, i was not kidding around on that one thread about taking them both together.
Guaranteed to gain 10-15 pounds in two weeks.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by wj4

Whey is pretty good on a cut diet. I personally don't take any supplements, I do it the old fashion way with foods rich in protein already. I do have a carb day once a week though for 'refeeding'.

wj4 tryna look like bruce lee, i can dig it. you doin some p90x type routines huh?
laugh.gif
I'm trying to be lean like Kobe or the 2 main characters from "Never Back Down". My friend gave me a burned copy of the E90Xand after watching it for 1 min, I couldn't see myself doing it. The dude in the vid is too corny with his comments.

I do hit the gym 5-6 times a week. Routine is looking like this (add about a 6-8 mile run before each work out too)..

Monday=bicep, back, leg lifts
Tues=chest, tricep, crunches
Wed=legs, shoulders
Thurs=same as Monday
Fri=same as Tues
Sat or Sun (optional) =same as Wed. or just running/shadow boxing.

I only work 2 muscle groups a day so I can reach hypertrophy more efficiently. I also eat clean for the most part, taking in the proper cal intake based on mybasal metabolic rate. Loving the new lifestyle, my man.

Back
Top Bottom