What shoes (basketball) have the best ankle support?

This year I've played in Kobe 2's and Jordan 5's, and I've sprained my ankle twice already. I play with an ankle brace, and i still manageto sprain them.
Any ideas on some good shoes to play ball in with great support? Ive heard the XX's had good support, but I'm not sure. Any advice would beappreciated

Well, I hope you didn't really expect to get alot of ankle support and foot support and what not from a shoe originally produced 18 years ago. I'd gowith LeBron IV's if I was you.

Stay away from the XX's if Kobe II's + ankle braces didn't work for you.

I think you're asking what has good ankle support, there's no such thing as "best". And the Kobe II's have pretty good ankle support.

I'd look at Lebron II's, you want something stable, and probably with an ankle strap to make you feel safe.

jordan 8's do have good support but the it will make your feet very sweaty if you ball in them. I suggest the penny 4's. Great ankle support withoutmuch restriction. It's best if you don't wear an ankle brace with them. You wont need it.

get shoes that lace all the way up and give you a lock down fit.

also, get a reistance band and look up exercises to strengthen your ankles. that will help you out alot also.

If you want top ankle support go get the Melo M4 or the M3. They are both built to maximize the protection on the ankles since Melo has got serious ankleproblems.

out of all the shoes i hav ever balled in id say the xx2s have been the nicest n most supportive ride so far.
so tryout the xx2s (the original realease, i dont no about the new pe releases)

I was surprised you said the Kobe 2 made you sprain an ankle. I think the Kobe 2 have the best ankle support.

ANyway, if you have weak ankle, i'd say you get the XX1 or Melo 5.5 and wear thicker socks.

Originally Posted by y0953c32

out of all the shoes i hav ever balled in id say the xx2s have been the nicest n most supportive ride so far.
so tryout the xx2s (the original realease, i dont no about the new pe releases)

Dude... Seriously?

What's your favoriteballing shoe of ALL TIME?

Seriously? How old are you? Is XX2 your first basketball shoes?

If yes, my bad. You should try something else... First basketball kicks doesn't mean the best kicks..
http://niketalk.yuku.com/sreply/1053386/t/What-s-your-favorite-balling-shoe-of-ALL-TIME-.html

i found the pumps too restrictive with no ventilation and cushioning
n buddy i never said xx2s were my first ball shoe?...that would be me like 8...
just an opinion

^^ You did not say XX2 is your first basketball shoes, that's why I asked.
Hint: I put a question mark at the end of "Is XX2 your first basketball shoes".
Because you sounded like you're 8, finally get your first basketball shoes and brag everything about it while there are other good stuffs that you'venever tried before...
No offense intended.

none taken n i have tried other jordans-17, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 13, 14, 19, 21, 20 n honestly i found the xx2s the best.....

out of the shoes i've played in, Jordan XVIIIs have the best ankle support, but I havent played in a lot of the shoes people have mentioned here

Get shoes with an outrigger. Bulky upper and gimmicky anti-inversion devices (Bromium 3 were unstable and atrocious for ankle support, a lot like VC 3) areuseless here. Unless you have stable ride, nothing else will work.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Jordan VIII's have amazing ankle support.
how can people ball in retros?, thier made for casual wear, the leather is weak now, how can you ball in RETROS????

personally, i love the 18's. don't play in 5's....they're uncomfortable just walking around in......the 18's are comfortable and tightaround your feet.

Back
Top Bottom