What the hell happened to Darius Miles?

I feel like this story deserves its own thread. D Miles was beloved on NT. I know there’s still a loyal following. Personally, he’s my favorite basketball player of all time. Great to hear he’s healthy and living a good life.

Two taps to the head

upload_2018-10-25_1-2-26.gif

I mean, he told you everything there is to know in that article. Mystery solved lol! Excellent story though.

Glad people finally know that Ariza and Bobby Brown started that movement.

It would be dope if someone at the Ringer did an oral history of the old clippers practice facility...

That Player Tribune article may have been the best one yet. If someone wrote it for him they likely typed what he said verbatim. Also cool that Q was the "editor" lol. I also thought the head tap thing was something to do with aliens. Was looking at his stats on https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/milesda01.html and could have sworn he played more than 2 seasons with the Clippers. So many people jumped on the Clipper bandwagon for that short period. He actually had a decent sized role in The Perfect Score movie and a cameo in Van Wilder with Q.

:lol:

I remember one day I was running late for practice, so I was flying down the 405. All of a sudden, I look in the rearview, and I see the flashing lights. This unmarked police truck is right up on me. Tinted windows. Big heavy-duty truck. Woop-woop.

I knew I was speeding. So I pull over, and I roll the window down, and I’m reaching over into the glove compartment to get my papers ….

… Then I hear this voice. Big, booming voice.

“WHERE YOU G’WAN, BOY?”

I’m like, Damn, they got the sergeant on me or something?

I turn to look out the window, and I can’t even see this dude’s face he’s so big. All I see is his chest.

“I SAID WHERE YOU G’WAN BOY?”

Then he bends down and looks in the window.

Big, dumbass grin on his face.

It’s Shaq.

I’m like, “Yo! I’m going to practice! You made me late!”

He don’t miss a beat. He taps side of my truck, turns around and says, “Don’t worry about it. I’ll pay your fine. Just holler at me.”

I’m looking in the rearview mirror, like, How the hell

Shaq’s got one of those old-school police lights that you put on the hood of your car like you see on C.O.P.S.

He gets in, laughing his *** off, waving at me.

Yeah this is a good read. They really set the league on fire. That **** was wild, mad exciting to watch them ball.

I remember everyone rocking their jerseys 3XL and a blue or red durag to match. That was a special moment.

Back
Top Bottom