What to do about a counterfeiter?

nike god

Banned
I purchased a pair of basketball shorts from a website that claims to be selling authentic nike gear, but when I got the shorts they were clearly counterfeit. Should I just try to contact the website and get my money back and make up some BS about them not fitting, or should I try to pursue them legally or through Nike? Would I get anywhere if I tried to contact postmaster, or local authorities in the city the website owner is located?

Nike's got a website... but if its a counterfiet site chances are that money is gone and you can chalk it up as a lesson learned. Purchase from legit sites only. Good luck my man.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Nike's got a website... but if its a counterfiet site chances are that money is gone and you can chalk it up as a lesson learned. Purchase from legit sites only. Good luck my man.

Link?

contact the site and see if they will give you your money back, if not and if you paid by paypal or your credit card file a dispute for fraud/counterfeit product.

you can email the website to nike at counterfeit@nike.com

I contacted the site and they said they'd refund me. I told them that the shorts didn't fit. They offered me exchange for a larger size but I insisted on a refund. I sent the shorts back today...I'll see if I actually get my money back. If not I'll dispute the charge with my card.

Originally Posted by jmizzo

contact the site and see if they will give you your money back, if not and if you paid by paypal or your credit card file a dispute for fraud/counterfeit product.

you can email the website to nike at counterfeit@nike.com

you can't dispute for a counterfeit product... at least you couldn't last time i tried.

this is the email i got from them:

Our Buyer Complaint Policy applies to items paid through PayPal but
never received, and regarding goods purchased on eBay and paid for
through PayPal that the buyer receives but that are significantly not as
described by the seller. Since this significantly not-as-described item
was not purchased on eBay we cannot reverse the transaction or issue a
refund.

PayPal is not the venue that lists the item and we do not act as an
escrow service. Because the item is not advertised or listed by our
service, we are not in the position to verify the quality of an item
delivered as opposed to what was advertised. We recommend first
contacting the seller's customer service email address, which is listed
above. You may wish to contact your auction site regarding the dispute;
as the venue that lists the item, they may be able to help you, or
contact a third party mediator, such as Square Trade.

Back
Top Bottom