What to do in downtown Seattle?

I will be taking my kids to explore Seattle on the 28th and 29th. What is there to do? Nice cheap hotels in the area?

If you stay near Seattle Center, you can hit up the Pacific Science Center, Children's Museum, EMP, and the Space Needle during the day...and at night,go to the Sonic game vs. Charlotte (28th). I'm sure you can get tix dirt cheap outside right after tip-off...hell, you can probably get'em for freeright before tip-off!!!
That's a whole day/night right there just in the Seattle Center area.
www.seattlecenter.com

There's also the Seattle Aquarium on the waterfront, then head up to Pike Place Market and roam downtown. Tons of outdoor activities too, but it'llprobably be raining.

...and don't forget to hit up the Lusty Lady!

Raining? I hoped it wouldn't. Thanks though. I heard there is M&M world and a Coca Cola store?

Originally Posted by Da503

Raining? I hoped it wouldn't. Thanks though. I heard there is M&M world and a Coca Cola store?

As of right now....
Friday: Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.
Saturday: Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.

Of course with all forecasts... that'll change as the week goes on, but thats an idea of what the weather will be.

Take them to pike place market, go early (8am) to avoid massive amounts of people have a sit down lunch in the market. Then goto sneaker city (1st and pike)that shop has one of the oldist existing nike/jordan accounts in seattle. Then if you want a cheap adventure take a walk on ferry ride to bremerton and back.Think of it as a cheap tour of puget sound. End your day with a meal at $$#$! (burger joint) Pagliaccis (pizza) both cheap.

GAMEWORKS...
wink.gif

Could drive down to Tacoma and see the Rainiers play, Science Center is really good for kids, Pike Place Market is a must see, ride the ferry around.. There isa whole bunch of stuff to do up here.

You could also check out the Seattle Art Museum....It's a cool place if your into culture and stuff along those lines...I just went the other day, it wasamazing!

Originally Posted by LWBaller425

You could also check out the Seattle Art Museum....It's a cool place if your into culture and stuff along those lines...I just went the other day, it was amazing!

SAM is definitely nice.

And most people don't know that it is FREE... it's a "requested donation" place.... they have "prices" for you to"pay", but you really don't have to.
[what like 3 of my teachers at UW have told me]

^what??

it's really free on the first thursdays of each month, but the rest = you pay. it's even on their website? i'm confused.

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

^what??

it's really free on the first thursdays of each month, but the rest = you pay. it's even on their website? i'm confused.
Yeah that's just a cover up...
All my teachers have said (art ones & history ones) that they just say it's "free" on the 1st Thursday to get more people to go on thatspecific day...
But I've had teachers say sometimes they don't pay or they'll pay a dollar other days, etc etc
The prices they have on their site are "suggested prices"

"Though completely unclear, the SAM is actually totally free since the admission is a suggested donation."--- From asite talking about SAM

Back
Top Bottom