What to do when Ebay bans you?

When you conducted the transaction outside ebay, did you frequently end your listings early? I would think this would raise red flags

When you conducted the transaction outside ebay, did you frequently end your listings early? I would think this would raise red flags
i did this at least 50 times and was never banned. posted it on the listing and everything

I did.... again, I learned my lesson here as well. What I will do going forward is raise my price to some amount where no one in their right mind would buy and just let the listing end on it's own.

I'm so out of the loop. I had no clue you could get banned for this type of stuff. I do it ALL the time. Worst thing is, I be so blatant with mine it's ridiculous. For example, this was taken from one of auctions:

Jordan 1 Bred 2013 release!!!

SIZE 12 AVAILABLE!!!

DON'T USE THE BUY IT NOW OPTION!!! MESSAGE ME WITH ALL OFFERS!!!!!!!!

Brand New In Box 100% Authentic
Never Worn, Receipt Included, Deadstock

NEW, UP TO DATE PICS INCLUDED! HAD TO RELIST CAUSE OF FLAKEY EBAYERS! I HATE DEADBEATS!
I'm glad y'all basically just gave me a heads up. Gotta be a lot more careful now. Geez...

Last edited:
Don't put that "don't use buy it now". Just make it high enough so people won't choose it. Also stick in immediate payment only to save you the headache.

message me with offers isn't anything bad I'd think.

Use the "or best offer" option and when they send you one that you like tell them about the side deal to save money.

Last edited:
Im surprised nobody on NT has created a shoe auction site already.

because you cant compete with ebay.

how will a NT protect you in anyway like paypal/ebay?

all of these sites are popping up to list your kicks for a set price but i dont trust any of em, full of a scammers. like kixfy? and some others i see advertised all over IG.

There's a site called Swappa that just sells cell phones between buyers and the house takes a flat cut of $10.00.

Such an idea would be great for sneakers/streetwear, I sell vintage sports stuff on ebay but I also have an Instagram for direct sales. Works alright but a dedicated site like Swappa world be perfect.

Same thing happened to me, they wouldn't give me a reason, but this had to be why...

Im surprised nobody on NT has created a shoe auction site already.

People make sites all the time. More than half of them scam, the others just fail. Too many free options on top of paid for ones that have a reputation.

Last edited:
Don't put that "don't use buy it now". Just make it high enough so people won't choose it. Also stick in immediate payment only to save you the headache.

message me with offers isn't anything bad I'd think.

Use the "or best offer" option and when they send you one that you like tell them about the side deal to save money.

You need to find a way to do this without mentioning it in the messaging on ebay though.

You need to find a way to do this without mentioning it in the messaging on ebay though.

I don't think so. eBay messages blocks certain things from being sent (phone numbers, email addresses....). You get around that, you'll be good.

I'm only speaking from my personal experience. Been selling shoes for more than 10 years. I could be an isolated case but I've never been banned

Last edited:
Going forward I plan on getting a wifi hot spot I can turn off and on and get a new ip address. Will be setting up multiple ebay accts going forward, it's a pain in the *** but there's no other way to get exposure I need to sell.

I don't think so. eBay messages blocks certain things from being sent (phone numbers, email addresses....). You get around that, you'll be good.

My ads were quite simple in that the only thing I said in my ads that could alude to a deal outside of ebay was "text xxx-xxx-xxxx with questions or offers", hardly a blatant suggestion that I was looking to work deals outside of ebay. I got lazy and started talking numbers in my ebay messages and referencing "pp invoice", I think that, coupled with closing listings early once they sold and invoicing with my paypal that is tied to the ebay acct is what sunk me.

Going forward I will be invoicing with a paypal not linked to the ebay. Accessing the ebay accts only via my wifi hot spot and finding a better way to get people to text me via my google voice number that is not tied to either acct.

Yeah, that'd do it. I personally would never put my number up for everyone to see. With today's tools, who knows what people could do or find out with it

Yeah, that'd do it. I personally would never put my number up for everyone to see. With today's tools, who knows what people could do or find out with it

Thats' why google voice is best. I rarely get texted on that number even with it on ebay.

for those of you who've had this happen to them and need to get back on with a different ip, check out phone tethering or a wifi hotspot. I'm still learning on this, but pretty soon I'll be back up and running.

Side note to this whole ebay debacle... Signed up on kixify and sold more in the last week than the same time on ebay. I was NOT expecting that at all.

Reactions: alp
Back
Top Bottom