what to do when your bball shoes rubs your pinky toe?

are people still having problems with their bball shoes rubbing on their pinky toes when they play in them? i remember reading some people having problems withtheir hyperdunks and XX3s rubbing on the wearer's pinky toes and i was wondering what those people did as a result. i have a pair of hyperdunks (have minetrue to size, and i have normal width feet) that are unplayable because they rub on my right pinky toe and the collar rubs on my ankles, even when i weardouble ankle socks. with problems as mentioned what would you people do with shoes like that? do you get rid of them, wear them casually to get yourmoney's worth, put something on your pinky toe when you play, or something else?

Try on a half-size larger (probably won't work because you'll just swim in them, causing friction in other parts of the shoe)... or simply find anothershoe that fits you better and use the pinky killers for casual wear or hand them down. Move on to another shoe, basically.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

are people still having problems with their bball shoes rubbing on their pinky toes when they play in them? i remember reading some people having problems with their hyperdunks and XX3s rubbing on the wearer's pinky toes and i was wondering what those people did as a result. i have a pair of hyperdunks (have mine true to size, and i have normal width feet) that are unplayable because they rub on my right pinky toe and the collar rubs on my ankles, even when i wear double ankle socks. with problems as mentioned what would you people do with shoes like that? do you get rid of them, wear them casually to get your money's worth, put something on your pinky toe when you play, or something else?

I donate shoes I don't want or are old, or just wear them out.

Yeah just give those shoes up. Why would you wanna wear shoes that don't feel comfy. Especially to ball in.

Try wearing a band-aide on your pinky toe and wearing socks that are higher than the collar of your kicks. I always wear 2 pairs of socks to ball in andrarely have any problems.

I always wear 2 pairs of socks to ball in and rarely have any problems.

Same here. Back in high school I use to get blisters a lot also, so I would wrap the problem areas with athletic tape and it did the job for me.

oddly enough for me, i would get the blisters when i wore 2 pairs of socks... it made the shoes fit tighter/more narrow, which led to the pinky toe rubbing

Originally Posted by DIMEZ10

Try wearing a band-aide on your pinky toe and wearing socks that are higher than the collar of your kicks. I always wear 2 pairs of socks to ball in and rarely have any problems.

only solution that works for me.

Blisters on the "balls" of my feet
mad.gif

peeps suggest tighter socks, smaller shoes, lacin super tight....no solution. i can wear double socks and still no solution. only reason why i no longer havethis prob wit blisters is cause my knees dont hold up for it to become a prob.

I tried OD hard to get the Eggplants- my first pair of foamposites- and then had to sell them because they just destroyed my pinky on my left foot. Size 13 and14 the same. Some shoes just aren't meant to be for certain feet I guess.

Originally Posted by Blue0230

Try on a half-size larger (probably won't work because you'll just swim in them, causing friction in other parts of the shoe)... or simply find another shoe that fits you better and use the pinky killers for casual wear or hand them down. Move on to another shoe, basically.

Sometime I put a little petroleum jelly on the side of my toe, but that's for running. Might work for bball too.

Originally Posted by 255forLife

tough it out until the shoe stretches.
This is what I did for my XX3s. They eventually broke in and they no longer cause me problems, although if after a couple of extensive wears(which I'm assuming you've done thus far) it's still a problem, you may need to try something else.

Originally Posted by jmizzo

try "mole" skin....they sell it at your local drugsstore or supermarket...
This also works quite well. Put a small piece of this stuff on where the friction occurs and you won't feel a thing.

i feel your pain, i have wide feet....and some shoes...i just can't wear.
frown.gif

I have the same prob myself. I have tried everything from bandaids to extra socks, and nothin really works perfectly. Extra socks seems to be the best tho

Back
Top Bottom