What type of basketball player have we not seen yet?

Every decade or so, someone comes along that has no precedent, that is such a unique player there's no one they can compare them to, that shows us as fans a possibility that we didn't know as possible.

Think Garnett redefining the power forward position with his versatility

Think Iverson continuosly leading the league in scoring at 160 pounds.

Think Dirk coming in as a 7 footer who can rain 3s.

Think LeBron being a ridiculous physical specimen (nh), yet has the skills of a point guard.

Basically, if you were to create a basketball player in a lab and endow him with abilities that would make him a unique, one-of-a-kind player, what attributes would he have?

Personally, I'd like to see someone shoot consistently from half court and beyond, as if it was a normal 3 pointer. Imagining how much that would open up the floor
eek.gif

Every decade or so, someone comes along that has no precedent, that is such a unique player there's no one they can compare them to, that shows us as fans a possibility that we didn't know as possible.

Think Garnett redefining the power forward position with his versatility

Think Iverson continuosly leading the league in scoring at 160 pounds.

Think Dirk coming in as a 7 footer who can rain 3s.

Think LeBron being a ridiculous physical specimen (nh), yet has the skills of a point guard.

Basically, if you were to create a basketball player in a lab and endow him with abilities that would make him a unique, one-of-a-kind player, what attributes would he have?

Personally, I'd like to see someone shoot consistently from half court and beyond, as if it was a normal 3 pointer. Imagining how much that would open up the floor
eek.gif

someone 4'11 120lbs with post dominance of a prime Shaq.

someone who can dunk from 3pt line (apart from javale mcgee)

someone who's D is so good (nh) that the attacking player just says f' it and walks out the arena.

someone 4'11 120lbs with post dominance of a prime Shaq.

someone who can dunk from 3pt line (apart from javale mcgee)

someone who's D is so good (nh) that the attacking player just says f' it and walks out the arena.

PoeticJays wrote:

eek.gif

roll.gif

This would destroy everything that's great about the game.

PoeticJays wrote:

eek.gif

roll.gif

This would destroy everything that's great about the game.

Um to be realistic....i agree with smedoc's last comment

A player who is the Revis of the NBA. Some one who can literally hold the other teams best player under 10 every single night. Box and 1 every game and let them cover the best player.

I think that would be nice. It would be some one who is 6 foot 9 or 10 so they can defend Kobe's fall away jumper but fast enough to stay with any player in the league

Um to be realistic....i agree with smedoc's last comment

A player who is the Revis of the NBA. Some one who can literally hold the other teams best player under 10 every single night. Box and 1 every game and let them cover the best player.

I think that would be nice. It would be some one who is 6 foot 9 or 10 so they can defend Kobe's fall away jumper but fast enough to stay with any player in the league

Originally Posted by Jking0821

artest held his opponents to 8.5 ppg when he won  defensive poy

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Yeah but Ron probably threatened to kill his defensive assignment if they broke double figures.

Yeah but Ron probably threatened to kill his defensive assignment if they broke double figures.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

And since it's ron artest they probably believed him

But seriously didn't know that great stat thanks.  I don't really think its possible but i'd like to see some one shut down bron then durrant then d. rose.  In the NBA though with the game being so subjective any offensive player of that caliber can get 10 points easily just buy driving to the basket as much as possible and getting fouled. 

And since it's ron artest they probably believed him

But seriously didn't know that great stat thanks.  I don't really think its possible but i'd like to see some one shut down bron then durrant then d. rose.  In the NBA though with the game being so subjective any offensive player of that caliber can get 10 points easily just buy driving to the basket as much as possible and getting fouled. 

roll.gif

never happen tho...RIP to handchecking

Back
Top Bottom