What was the very first Nike retro?

One of the best questions asked on here in a long time...

I'm hoping someone can come up with a definite answer.

I had a pair of cortez classic nylons from 1988 in their navyblue/white cg c/w. Obviously that shoe originally came out in 1972. It'll be very hard totrack back the first "reintroductory" model.

fersnash, i have an air trainer from late 1990, which by looking at some catalog scans, would fall into the spring 1991 term. there its listed as an airtrainer high classic, with the caption, brought back by popular demand. I am also aware of a 93/94 trainer high in two OG c/w's. I know the green accentedshoe we're all familiar with had its cycle from 87.91.and 94. Meanwhile I think the red accented shoe had its cycle from 1987 and then up to 1994...What's also interesting is around the same time the spring 1991 reintroduction came about, a few new colorways came out. So we may want to narrow ourquestion, are we concerned with model+c/w being exactly replicated or if 5-6 years after a model was made, a new colorway comes out but not the og?

It was the Flight 89 with the velcro strap across the front, back in 1992, that was the first (outside of the AF1, and the cortez as stated earlier.

^^^^^^You didn't answer the title of this thread. We are looking for the first NIKE retro.

ShortyC94 wrote:
The Flight 89 and Air Force 1 were both brought back like many others said in 1992 thus being the first, just can't remember which was first, and all the Forces at that time were highs . All of the 94-95 reissues of the Jordan 1, 2, and 3 were the first sigs to get that treatment, but didn't say "Retro" on the box, it would just say what it was. Retro is not a term Nike used until the Jordan 4 in 1999. With Bo Jacksons, certain Air Maxes, and 90's Air Force 1's, nike used the term "Sports Classic" or SC.

IMO ShortyC94 has the best answer. but there were some AF1 lows as well from as early as 1991/92. The white/infrared AF1 lows come to mind. Can anyone else addanything?

I am doing me best 2 receive education from this thread, therfore I will ignore all the post that include questions and uncertainties.

My best opinion would be that this thread is based on opinion. Nonetheless, it's cool 2 be a geek about things and bicker about them
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom