What were the rarest Js sold in stores in the U.S.?

Originally Posted by Flip Jays

Undefeated IV's released by buying a raffle ticket and online auction through Undefeated.
You had to buy a t-shirt with the raffle ticket attached, right? I thought I remembered hearing something like that.

I didn't realize the actual sale was done via online auction. I thought the raffle winners got to enter the store and purchase the shoes in an orderdetermined by the ticket numbers.

i thought the undefeated 4s were released in some foreign store, but nevermind that i would say the rarest to me mightve been the altitudes, this is based onthe retros cuz most ogs r rare anyways

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

Originally Posted by Flip Jays

Undefeated IV's released by buying a raffle ticket and online auction through Undefeated.
You had to buy a t-shirt with the raffle ticket attached, right? I thought I remembered hearing something like that.

I didn't realize the actual sale was done via online auction. I thought the raffle winners got to enter the store and purchase the shoes in an order determined by the ticket numbers.

In the UK raffle they had 3 pair in store, so the winner picked them up in store.

NY GIANTS 11 wrote:

Undefeated 4!!!

Then Black Laser 4

Then Olympic 6

agreed with all of these except the blk laser 4's. I could had copp up a pair when they came out at shoe palace. That if I felt like paying another extrarequired 100 dollars clothing worth with it. Oh well they looked aright to me anyways.

since this question is asked..
how about the DMP with the 11s that have "JORDAN" on the eyelets?
how many of those made it for sale in the stores before they were recalled?

i believe it depended on where you live. the oly vi hit some outlets and even nordstrom rack here in cali. also in cali, only 3 or 4 stores in all of LA gotthe blk laser iv. i remember hearing there were a bunch of blk laser iv's in the midwest and east...hell, i remember someone posting that athletes footsomewhere in OH still had them a month later...while all the athlete's foot chains were shutting down here in cali!!! the altitude and the melo releaseswere pretty limited here in cali as well. so, i do believe it depends on where you are demographically. another "limited" release to the west werethe blue foams!!!

and to answer ppl's thoughts about the undftd iv. undftd did sell raffle tickets via the shirt. heres an excert from their site: "We only had 48 ofthese for the world. The only fair way to sell them was to create a worldwide raffle with our friends from Foot Patrol in London, Union in New York, Mad Hecticin Tokyo and of course our Undefeated shops in Los Angeles. We also created our own auction site and threw pairs up there for grabs."

Thanks for all the replies!

I appreciate the overseas info, but I am interested only in U.S. release figures.

So, in terms of actual production numbers (which is what I am interested in), it seems the UNDFTD IV was very rare (48 according to shaqrules - see above), followed by Oly VIs (3000 pair according to Steez: link), black lasers, and alts.

If the people before me are correct because I don't really know that much about them ..... but other than the undtd 4's , either of laser IVs can notbe in coversation because both were online release ( I have the white lasers).... if you guys are listening to the man he's saying in stores released tothe general public so personally my vote goes for either the altitude XIII or the DMPs

if it makes you feel any more knowledgeable then you could also say that the UNFTD IVs are the rarest jordans released in the world PERIOD. the rarest jordansOF ALL in circulation is yet to be discovered

CtJordanFiend wrote:

If the people before me are correct because I don't really know that much about them ..... but other than the undtd 4's , either of laser IVs can not be in conversation because both were online release ( I have the white lasers).... if you guys are listening to the man he's saying in stores released to the general public so personally my vote goes for either the altitude XIII or the DMPs
I have the white lasers, too. Oh what fun that online deal was...
tired.gif
Luckily a NTer showed us the back door.
smile.gif

The black lasers were sold in stores, though. I don't mind if they were available online in addition to in stores; I just wanted to excludeonline-only releases.

why do you care so much? Anyway I'm going with the Undefeated IV's. I'm looking for this website I saw once that included that list of the rarestjordans ever, which includes the clear bottom III's

Originally Posted by mel0nhead

since this question is asked..
how about the DMP with the 11s that have "JORDAN" on the eyelets?
how many of those made it for sale in the stores before they were recalled?
Someone please answer this question. I'm not 100% on what the deal is with these....

some of the rarest include black laser IV's at like 6,000 pairsish, and olympic VI's at like 3,000 i think.

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

why do you care so much? Anyway I'm going with the Undefeated IV's. I'm looking for this website I saw once that included that list of the rarest jordans ever, which includes the clear bottom III's

I care because I am curious. JB does some interesting stuff in terms of limiting the number of units they produce and the upcoming Top 23 XXIII made mewonder what the most limited-production, store-sold Jordan model was.

The clear-bottomed IIIs were not sold in stores, right?

Originally Posted by denverkicks23

Lets see some pics, I haven't even heard of half of the shoes you guys are talking about...

Olympic VI:

bdd3509961097e244f27583b9a3e1e6ecde5f60.gif

UNDFTD IV:
3021536b7c485f9931bddf79fe11b92dcc67930.pjpg

Black laser IV:
7a125c26197014dd54f92fe3dbf8e77ccc8a7eb.pjpg

Altitude XIII:
de635b6e6c267a1e4ad050da9fe42e80292c70c.pjpg

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

why do you care so much? Anyway I'm going with the Undefeated IV's. I'm looking for this website I saw once that included that list of the rarest jordans ever, which includes the clear bottom III's

I care because I am curious. JB does some interesting stuff in terms of limiting the number of units they produce and the upcoming Top 23 XXIII made me wonder what the most limited-production, store-sold Jordan model was.

The clear-bottomed IIIs were not sold in stores, right?

nope and here is a link to that website I was talking about. Although I'm not sure how legit it is but maybe Ijapino or somebody could shed some lighton some of the shoes it referrs to as rarest. It does look official though because they have some of the websites that Nt has on the legit list as well as alist of many that are not legit.

link: http://www.jordanpedia.com/air_jordan_rare_list.html

The top five jays that were released to the public according to this site are
Undefeated IV
AJ KO
Space Jams with 45 on the back
Air Jordan 1 low
Jordan 2001 Japan Editions

The top 5 that were not released in stores are
clear bottom III's
40th Bday edition III's
Lase Player Sample IV's
Player Sample XVII's
Air Jordans Sky High

Remember I didn't make this list and I can't gaurantee it's authenticity because I'm not an expert on rare jays I just been collecting mainstream releases for a while.

Back
Top Bottom