What were your first pair of Air Jordans????

I had the what I think u call the white cement 3s. Then I had the cement 4s, the red and white 5s, infrared 6s, the black and gray 7s, the aqua 8s, and then didn't have another pair until the cement 3s were retroed in either 99 or 2000 whenever that was, I forget.

I really only like late 80s early 90s Jordans but I do now **** with the 11,12 and 13 though I didn't **** with them when they dropped during my high school years.

Black and red Is, size 6.5, January 1986.

But it was my second pair of AJs that came along about 4 and a half years later that sparked my sneaker enthusiasm in earnest.

Last edited:
1990 Grape 5s. I'm color blind and I actually thought they were blue back then [emoji]128514[/emoji]

15 years old and falling apart but i still hold on to these for nostalgic purposes... i remember being upset kids sizes didnt come with the suitcase lol 

You guys are going to mock me for this but my first pair was the Jordan 5 low dunk from above - came out just last year. Since then I've been stepping up my game though

I seen a baby picture of myself in the playoff 8s so I'm guessing those were my first pair of Jordan's ever lol

I remember my mom coming home one day from work with the '01 Black Cement 3s for me while I was a 4th grader (wore them everyday !)

You guys are going to mock me for this but my first pair was the Jordan 5 low dunk from above - came out just last year. Since then I've been stepping up my game though
  No mocking at all.  Hey everyone gotta start with a pair somehow. If you liked them, thats all that matters.  A lot of good retroes comin this year if thats what you like most.  Welcome to Niketalk.

1989 black metallic 5

christmas present  

I remember getting mocked by the rich kids in school because I got them for Christmas

Infrared 6's from a local store in a tiny *** town in KY. Oldest pair I still have are some OG bordeaux 7's.

No mocking at all.  Hey everyone gotta start with a pair somehow. If you liked them, thats all that matters.  A lot of good retroes comin this year if thats what you like most.  Welcome to Niketalk.

I agree.

OG XII cherry. Mom got them for my birthday. First pair I purchased myself were OG he got game. Both shoes will always be my favorites. Glad I was able to get them this past month as an adult too.

My Dad bought my first pair of Jordans back in 8th grade...1993. Air Jordan 9 White/Black. Everyone thought they looked like spaceboots or astronaut shoes. I think this shoe may have been the most retroed Jordan of all time lol... 4 times I think? Smh

Last edited:

My Dad bought my first pair of Jordans back in 8th grade...1993. Air Jordan 9 White/Black. Everyone thought they looked like spaceboots or astronaut shoes. I think this shoe may have been the most retroed Jordan of all time lol... 4 times I think? Smh
  You gotta be around the same age as myself.  In 7th grade (1993) the IX was the recent shoe.  got told they were aweful and that Mj was the past .  Converse, Grandma mas and Barklelys were the thang back then.  I remember space boots bieng said to me quite a few times.  Was knocked on my IXs a lot.  Glad I stayed with what I liked and not what everyone else was in to.  That same year I wore a pair of beater original vis black infrared with holes in the toes I got from an old friend that just gave them to me. "they were trashed".  Thought I was the ish but I got hammered hard.  7th grade was Aquas, IXs and trashed VIs all in one year.  Great memories. 

OG Powder Blue 9's...begged my mom for about 10mins in Modell's to get them in the summer of '94

Mine were the Black/Red 11's. I was in eighth grade and saw a kid wearing them at school and had to have them. "Back in the day" it wasn't called a restock. No one had them at the local mall, I called around and the local Footaction was getting another shipment on a Wednesday so I begged my mom if I could skip school and she gave in cause I had straight A's. My sister took me at 9am and the store wasn't open yet. We hung around and grabbed a bite to eat. When we showed back up, there were about 150 people in a line. Knew I wasn't gonna get them, then the security guard at the front of line walked up to me and my sis and put me in the front of the line! I was the first person through the gate once they opened it. One of the greatest moments of my life!!!!

Back
Top Bottom