What wireless router are you using? Vol. Which one should i get?

I want to know what you guys are using because im looking for a new one for myuncle's 2 story house. I need to know what the best for a 2 story house.
Is it better to just get the G technology one because all of the laptops we are using are G? or will it be better to get an N router?

-Most of the computer that will be using the router will be upstairs.
-All of the computers are G technology not the new one. (N technology)
-Price range- 30-70

I was looking at the best buys- NetGear Maxrange Wireless g MIMO router
Any other suggestions will be helpful
Thanks in advance

This is probably one of the best commercial routers out right now in the market. The signal and speed strengths are always top notch and runs smoothly.It's not a gigabit router though, but I don't need it.

EDIT: If you're trying to use this for a two story house, then you should probably invest in N technology. The one I have is a tab bit expensive though.It's around $129

dir-655.jpg

If your laptops are not wireless 802.11N capable, then you will not be able to take advantage of the extended range that it offers. Get a Linksys wireless Grouter and a range extender if needed.

I just got a linksys like 40 dollar router, its not even password locked so anyone can park outside and use my internet
laugh.gif
I wonder if someone does and ifthat lags me, oh well Im too lazy to lock it

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

This is probably one of the best commercial routers out right now in the market. The signal and speed strengths are always top notch and runs smoothly. It's not a gigabit router though, but I don't need it.

EDIT: If you're trying to use this for a two story house, then you should probably invest in N technology. The one I have is a tab bit expensive though. It's around $129

dir-655.jpg

I was looking at this one but they dont want to spend so much on a router... The router will be mainly used upstairs. only one computer will be used downstairsand is barley touched.

Back
Top Bottom