What y'all think about this; an article on the direction rap music took in the 90's

This was a post from a blog called hiphopisread.com, came across it from a post on fb.  Posted it in general and not music because I think it goes beyond just music.  No cliff notes provided because its really not that long of a read
[h3]"The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation"[/h3]
Posted by Ivan at 1:34 PM

This anonymous letter landed in my inbox about a minute ago:
/lh6.ggpht.com/-vgd8ls5CyNM/TkR6TU_gE3I/AAAAAAAAKLU/jBwfKXOjV0I/quote.jpg);">http://lh6.ggpht.com/-vgd.../jBwfKXOjV0I/quote.jpg); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; color: rgb(48, 48, 48); background-position: 10px 0%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Hello,

After more than 20 years, I've finally decided to tell the world what I witnessed in 1991, which I believe was one of the biggest turning point in popular music, and ultimately American society. I have struggled for a long time weighing the pros and cons of making this story public as I was reluctant to implicate the individuals who were present that day. So I've simply decided to leave out names and all the details that may risk my personal well being and that of those who were, like me, dragged into something they weren't ready for.

Between the late 80's and early 90’s, I was what you may call a “decision maker

Back
Top Bottom