What year will religion finally be extinct?

Stupid thread?  Why because I don't agree with your beliefs? 

See, you making an *** out of U and ME isn't going to work. That is an attempt to provoke and argument. Not working. Where in the hell did I say anything about my beliefs????

This is stupid because you claim to know a WHOLE LOT more than you do. It's quite arrogant and childish.

I don't see it happening. Religion is universal across almost all cultures and has been around forever.

What I could see happening eventually is an increasing population of non believers.. maybe even majority one day? (talking global here)

penn-jillette-science-and-religion.jpg

Religion will never be extinct.

Mankind will continue to look to he heavens, below, and inside in search of the same unanswered questions..... How did we get here?  What is my/our purpose?  Is their a higher being?  Is there life after death?  Is there a heaven and a hell?  etc. etc. etc.......

sigh...didnt the mormons try to predict the world would end several times and consistently look like *****? 
laugh.gif

dec 21 2012 is when the mayan calender ends...most ppl think this will be the end of the world.

I'll give it 80-100 years. By then we will have a much better understanding of the cosmos and will probably find a planet or planets that are very similar to earth and that contain life. The James Webb Telescope is going to help out with that immensely. 

this thread is going nowhere. you wish it would go extinct because you dont believe in it. cool. How is it affecting your life again?
Your post wasn't directed to me but, I'd like to share some info with you.

There was a survey done that found that some theists think of non-believers as less trustworthy then rapists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-as-trustworthy-rapists-says-new-study.html

roll.gif

How would negative attitudes such as those toward non-theists not affect non-theists' lives?

Last edited:
I think religion as we know it has an inverse relation with technological connectivity. The more we head in that direction, the sharper the decline. But honestly the institutions that want to survive will adapt their message to stay current with the times. Hence why some feel we will always have religion or something similar to it.

it think the Catholic church is a good example of this. Even though proclaimed to be the spiritual headquarters of the Christendom, they seriously study a lot of things like astrology, engage in dialogue about multiverses and ET's.

The catholic has always tried to stay relevant and this can be noted with their varying stances on issues throughout history. From time to time the church is barely recognizable unless it's really just considered a store house and practice ground for all information regardless of origin.

Even though touted as a christian organization, they still hold many of the banned books and last remaining copies of texts on magic and a lot of information from what was deemed as the "savage" world.

Religion will cease to exist whenever the characters of religion come to reality or the things they represent come to fruition which would deem religion unnecessary. No need for faith and belief when people can readily experience and know what was talked about.

now i see how some people think you're future..

coincidence he was banned a month ago..

god bless your soul.

Sillyputty Sillyputty Sillyputty Sillyputty Sillyputty....................................... and Anton too

Last edited:
this thread is going nowhere. you wish it would go extinct because you dont believe in it. cool. How is it affecting your life again?

I hate when people say this. religion, mainly Christianity, affects every American persons life.

Hell a local official in my state recently called all atheists "fanatical terrorists". that's not an isolated incident.

I hate when people say this. religion, mainly Christianity, affects every American persons life.
Hell a local official in my state recently called all atheists "fanatical terrorists". that's not an isolated incident.

Thank you, in this country a lot of people look at atheists, agnostics, non-believers, etc. as scum.
And you can't tell me that religion doesn't have a huge role in our politics, when it shouldn't.

it will never end. there will always be these people who are weak and feel that they need to turn to "GOD" for faith and hope. but hey at least theres something that makes them think positive.

Your post wasn't directed to me but, I'd like to share some info with you.
There was a survey done that found that some theists think of non-believers as less trustworthy then rapists.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-as-trustworthy-rapists-says-new-study.html
:rofl:
How would negative attitudes such as those toward non-theists not affect non-theists' lives?

So do away with the whole concept of religion because some people who believe dont trust people who dont believe? How often do you encounter someone who says they dont trust you because you're an atheist?

If i say something against gay people, wont there be an uproar on here with people saying "How do they affect your life?" "let them be" etc

Back
Top Bottom