What year will religion finally be extinct?

Never.

People will always need something bigger than them to guide them.

Even if they don't understand it, can't touch it, can't see it, they need it.

Why don't some of ya'll understand that from BC up to 1960's it was almost no reason for the average American to doubt their religious upbringing. 

In 2012 we have so much information and technology especially at a young age that it almost takes convincing to believe instead of convincing to stop believing.  Today is the most advanced age of the human race.  And tomorrow will set a new height. 

Religious text and stories just don't add up anymore.  Way back people had no reason to doubt because they had no evidence.  Today we know more than ever.  Imagine 2112!

Why don't some of ya'll understand that from BC up to 1960's it was almost no reason for the average American to doubt their religious upbringing. 

In 2012 we have so much information and technology especially at a young age that it almost takes convincing to believe instead of convincing to stop believing.  Today is the most advanced age of the human race.  And tomorrow will set a new height. 

Religious text and stories just don't add up anymore.  Way back people had no reason to doubt because they had no evidence.  Today we know more than ever.  Imagine 2112!

:lol: The same can be said about why is the wealth gap wider. Why are Americans unhealthier. Why are people dumber on average. "With all this information and technology"

People have the same libraries in their pockets but person A. uses for entertainment and vanity Person B. uses to start a billion dollar business. Using the same resource (google)

Basically what im saying is humans gone human.

People will always need something to believe in its human nature. And the few will always rule the many because of that fact.

laugh.gif
The same can be said about why is the wealth gap wider. Why are Americans unhealthier. Why are people dumber on average. "With all this information and technology"

People have the same libraries in their pockets but person A. uses for entertainment and vanity Person B. uses to start a billion dollar business. Using the same resource (google)

Basically what im saying is humans gone human.

People will always need something to believe in its human nature. And the few will always rule the many because of that fact.
that has nothing to do with religion. not saying you are wrong but its not relevant.

In 1895 how much evidence would you have that snakes couldn't talk if you never seen one? or seen one from a distance?  Now fast forward kids would laugh in your face if you told them a snake could talk.  They have been to zoo's instead of working in the field since 6th grade.  They go on youtube and see real video they have animal planet on TV.  You can apply that analogy to so much more involving religion.  Its hard to believe any of that supernatural stuff because we have evidence.

I can lie to you if you are blind.  But once you can see it becomes a lot harder to convince somebody

that has nothing to do with religion. not saying you are wrong but its not relevant.

In 1895 how much evidence would you have that snakes couldn't talk if you never seen one? or seen one from a distance?  Now fast forward kids would laugh in your face if you told them a snake could talk.  They have been to zoo's instead of working in the field since 6th grade.  They go on youtube and see real video they have animal planet on TV.  You can apply that analogy to so much more involving religion.  Its hard to believe any of that supernatural stuff because we have evidence.

I can lie to you if you are blind.  But once you can see it becomes a lot harder to convince somebody

And Im saying it means nothing when people separate their beliefs from intellect. Its always been here and it will always be here.

People "search" for what they believe. Atheists search for information relating to atheists. Christians search for Christianity stuff.

You say they can people can go on youtube and see real video from animal planet. Yea they can also search "Famous Person. sells his soul to a religious character". Which do you think is getting more views?

You can go into the "Blow My Mind" thread and see people believing in supernatural stuff because of Youtube gives them "evidence".

People will believe what they believe and feed their beliefs with "information and technology" that support those beliefs.

And Im saying it means nothing when people separate their beliefs from intellect. Its always been here and it will always be here.

People "search" for what they believe. Atheists search for information relating to atheists. Christians search for Christianity stuff.

You say they can people can go on youtube and see real video from animal planet. Yea they can also search "Famous Person. sells his soul to a religious character". Which do you think is getting more views?

You can go into the "Blow My Mind" thread and see people believing in supernatural stuff because of Youtube gives them "evidence".

People will believe what they believe and feed their beliefs with "information and technology" that support those beliefs.
Good points.  But there is a reason each generation believes less. 

lol @ "if it hasn't died in 2000 years" :x >D :rofl: Next thing this dude is going to preach to me about how the earth is flat and the sun and the moon are the same person.

This is what happens when you view the world and its very long history through the narrow-minded scope of your belief system. I'm sure there are many dead religions today that never thought they would die until someone enslaved their people and forced them to worship their own idols. Some of you people are so out of touch with history, time and reality it's rather troubling.

This planet is a lot older than 2000 years I hate to break it to you but that is a fact.

Last edited:
SLEAZY Dog science will have a much bigger and catastrophic part played in WW3 over religion and anything else.

And the media paints a bad picture of them in general when it's the radicals that kill there own, because they want things to stay the same while others want the freedom to be who they want to be; and all around equality.  Meaning men and women being looked at as equal.  Some see this as a religious radical push when in actuality they don't want western culture to take over there land, because they don't want us to move in on there women and there natural resources.  What makes us hated by so many is that they feel like we impose on smaller weaker country's and try to take them over.  They see us as being out for world domination.

You can go to yahoo, MSN, youtube, and you will find atheist losing their minds at the simple word "God", and trying to throw God in as the reason blah happen.  Even when there is no mention of religion or God.  There are people involved with science that go to crazy extremes "all in the name of science".  Like the guy that was doing the Anthrax attacks; he was a scientist trying to get his vaccine some recognition.  Plan and simple science has it's radicals extreme followers that persecute, belittle, and ridicule those that don't believe or think like they do.  And everything science says hasn't been proven as fact.  Evolution for one, and if it takes two weeks for my food to digest; well then why is it when I eat something hot not even hours later or the next day when I take a dump is my bum hole set a blaze during the act.

Yes there where ancient worshipers that believed in Gods, but at the same time they're where believers that believed in God.  Just like today.  The belief in God has made it this far, and will continue to press on because it's real.  No matter what logic tells you.  Just because you haven't experienced or seen God doesn't mean he doesn't exist.  There are tons of species of animal out there that you have no clue about.  Just because you don't know doesn't mean they don't exist.  If you haven't experienced it's because you haven't whole heartily but your entire all in it.  I did and during that time a man by the name of Mike Murdock prophesied in my life through the TV.  Not just a vague description my exact situation it was so real it brought me to tears.  It's a long drawn out story but if you like I could get into to it, but it's to real.   

lol @ "if it hasn't died in 2000 years"
sick.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif
Next thing this dude is going to preach to me about how the earth is flat and the sun and the moon are the same person.
This is what happens when you view the world and its very long history through the narrow-minded scope of your belief system. I'm sure there are many dead religions today that never thought they would die until someone enslaved their people and forced them to worship their own idols. Some of you people are so out of touch with history, time and reality it's rather troubling.
This planet is a lot older than 2000 years I hate to break it to you but that is a fact.
Christianity is 2000 years old and since then it has grown and gotten stronger, but the belief in the God has been alive since who knows when.  I'm sure I put that in my original post but I guess you missed it
Good points.  But there is a reason each generation believes less. 
The growing ability of social communication makes it seem that way.  When in actuality it's always been that way. You just never knew, but the latest abilities of the Internet have brought you in the know. 

it's seriously not that difficult to understand why people believe in religion. it's basic human psychology. you're trying to so hard to sound high and mighty above everyone that believes in something and you're just making yourself look incredibly ignorant.

Christianity is 2000 years old and since then it has grown and gotten stronger, but the belief in the God has been alive since who knows when.  I'm sure I put that in my original post but I guess you missed it

The growing ability of social communication makes it seem that way.  When in actuality it's always been that way. You just never knew, but the latest abilities of the Internet have brought you in the know. 

There were religions that preceded Christianity that also grew till their Gods died, what's your point? The Ancient Mayans and Egyptians had some of the most power civilizations and Gods man has ever know, their Gods are DEAD and considered myth. Religion hasn't gotten "stronger", it is weakening in a lot of places especially developed countries. This is why there is a correlation between education level, how advanced a society is technologically and religious belief. It is why a poor community in Mississippi is more religious than a Liberal city in the Northeast. Religion probably won't die as long as these disparities exist, however Judeochristianity will die eventually.

it's seriously not that difficult to understand why people believe in religion. it's basic human psychology. you're trying to so hard to sound high and mighty above everyone that believes in something and you're just making yourself look incredibly ignorant.
Says who?

Says who?
do you not interact with people or something? or do you just spill coffee on them? seriously, this is like life 101. you can figure people out pretty quickly.

So its basic human nature to believe in fairy tales about a man in the sky who we never seen?

go back and read. i said it's not difficult to understand why people believe. cut the arrogance and maybe you'll be able to understand people that are different than you.

Says who?
do you not interact with people or something? or do you just spill coffee on them? seriously, this is like life 101. you can figure people out pretty quickly.

So its basic human nature to believe in fairy tales about a man in the sky who we never seen?

go back and read. i said it's not difficult to understand why people believe. cut the arrogance and maybe you'll be able to understand people that are different than you.
:lol: How you want him to understand that ppl are different than him when you're saying it's human nature for ppl to believe?

There were religions that preceded Christianity that also grew till their Gods died, what's your point? The Ancient Mayans and Egyptians had some of the most power civilizations and Gods man has ever know, their Gods are DEAD and considered myth. Religion hasn't gotten "stronger", it is weakening in a lot of places especially developed countries. This is why there is a correlation between education level, how advanced a society is technologically and religious belief. It is why a poor community in Mississippi is more religious than a Liberal city in the Northeast. Religion probably won't die as long as these disparities exist, however Judeochristianity will die eventually.
Your silly according to you all religious people are knuckle dragging morons on welfare.  Putty?
nerd.gif

Where not talking about Egypt where basically talking about the one and only God of the Jewish.  Not Egyptian and Mayan Gods that where just gold, stone statues, or earthly elements. 

As much as you would like to generalize there are educated rational individuals that are far from broke, and are devoted believers in the son of the living God Jesus Christ.  It's not going anywhere it will continue to grow just like atheism.  It will never die just like racism no matter how many generations come and go.  True logic would've realized that.

Your silly according to you all religious people are knuckle dragging morons on welfare.  Putty?
nerd.gif

Where not talking about Egypt where basically talking about the one and only God of the Jewish.  Not Egyptian and Mayan Gods that where just gold, stone statues, or earthly elements. 

As much as you would like to generalize there are educated rational individuals that are far from broke, and are devoted believers in the son of the living God Jesus Christ.  It's not going anywhere it will continue to grow just like atheism.  It will never die just like racism no matter how many generations come and go.  True logic would've realized that.
There have been studies that show a correlation between education and religious belief.  Education doesn't always equate to having money but it does in most cases. 

:lol: How you want him to understand that ppl are different than him when you're saying it's human nature for ppl to believe?

perhaps you can highlight the part where i said it's human nature for people to believe.

right here

it's seriously not that difficult to understand why people believe in religion. it's basic human psychology

yeah, there's that word i already pointed out. why.

perhaps you can highlight the part where i said it's human nature for people to believe.
My fault as already quoted "basic human psychology" which is a bit worse if you look at it a certain way and I'm fully aware of you using the word "why"

You'd be better off saying ppl are hopeful and gullible.

Last edited:

My fault as already quoted "basic human psychology" which is a bit worse if you look at it a certain way and I'm fully aware of you using the word "why"

You'd be better off saying ppl are hopeful and gullible.
can you try elaborating and making this coherent? there's a difference between saying what i said and saying what you think i said. you're not making a case for yourself.

great post sir :smokin

Back
Top Bottom