What you do when you are angry with the direction of your team?

I know that the Lakers have given me more success than most fans of other teams in the recent decade, so I won't complain about them.

But the Chargers...man...so MUCH HEART BREAK.

Year after year after year. a 14-2 season followed by a quick exit.
13-3 season wasted.
12-4 season wasted again.
Marty...fired after a 14-2 SEASON!! :smh:
LT's prime...wasted.
Gate's prime...wasted.
Rivers prime...over.

Nick Kaeding... DUDE HAD THE ENTIRE CITY OF SD on suicide watch.

How can you be the best kicker of all time regular season wise then miss 35 yard field goals when they matter in the post-season? :x

Norv turner was the icing on the cake. I realized my favorite team aint going no where with these ugly *** decisions being made.
I havent spent a penny on Chargers merchandise in years now. I might go to the chargers vs. cowboys game this year only because one of my good friends is a dallas fan and it would be a fun trip.

But man. Im staying loyal, aint jumping ship. But its easier to be a NFL fan rather than a Chargers fan these days. We really got nothin going for us.
We couldn't even LOSE the right way and get a high pick...had to win meaningless games at the end of the season.

CLIFFNOTES ANSWER:

Watch less Chargers, watch more NFL.

Last edited:
I just think of what it would be like if I didn't have a team to root for if the Kings leave...

I know that the Lakers have given me more success than most fans of other teams in the recent decade, so I won't complain about them.

But the Chargers...man...so MUCH HEART BREAK.

Year after year after year. a 14-2 season followed by a quick exit.
13-3 season wasted.
12-4 season wasted again.
Marty...fired after a 14-2 SEASON!! :smh:
LT's prime...wasted.
Gate's prime...wasted.
Rivers prime...over.

Nick Kaeding... DUDE HAD THE ENTIRE CITY OF SD on suicide watch.

How can you be the best kicker of all time regular season wise then miss 35 yard field goals when they matter in the post-season? :x

Norv turner was the icing on the cake. I realized my favorite team aint going no where with these ugly *** decisions being made.
I havent spent a penny on Chargers merchandise in years now. I might go to the chargers vs. cowboys game this year only because one of my good friends is a dallas fan and it would be a fun trip.

But man. Im staying loyal, aint jumping ship. But its easier to be a NFL fan rather than a Chargers fan these days. We really got nothin going for us.
We couldn't even LOSE the right way and get a high pick...had to win meaningless games at the end of the season.

CLIFFNOTES ANSWER:

Watch less Chargers, watch more NFL.

Couldn't believe they fired Marty after that season. What a joke. That team was special and only got worse each year

Wizards fan here....its a love hate thing with the wizards....I love them soo much but i hate ernie grunfield...

Just keep on keeping on. I don't approve of many decisions made by my sports teams. For example the Bucks trading Ray Allen to rent Gary Payton. Michael Redds contract. Just trading Tobias for Redick. I'm almost certain Tobias will become a stud. Dude is younger than I am and looks like he's been in th NBa for years. I'm never gonna stop being a fan though, that's my home team, that's sports. Brewers were terrible my entire life. Made it that much better on our playoff run 2 years ago. There's a bunch of frauds on this board. From what I see on here I wouldn't consider half of NTers real fans. Just desperate for a reason to talk ****. Fans of cowboys, lakers and Yankees. Increase of Heat fans since Lebron joined. I don't like my home team so I'm gonna pick a different team to like but then say I've always been a fan of my home team once they start doing well. I can't deal with my team losing I imnew team because this is just too much or in other words I'm a little *****. I don't care what anyone says...your only a fan if you pick a team and that's your team for the rest of your life. I don't like the direction they're headed is such a cop out excuse for being a cry baby. I will for sure no questions asked be a Packers, Brewers, Bucks, Badgers, Marquette fan for my entire life because I'm a fan and those are my teams.

Also, anyone who makes a comment like " your team is the bucks though lol the bucks" is not a real fan. By doing that your basically trying to bash me for being a real fan sticking with my team through never ending crap. So if you're trying to make fun of someone for being a real fan I have good reason to believe you are not a real fan.

Last edited:
Is it weird that I never get angry at the LIons organization and they have sucked my whole life and I'm butthurt about Mavs having their first bad season in 13 years?

I don't know why man it feels so much more personal with the Mavs.

Last edited:
Nah, different levels of expectations. You're used to disappointment. lions have been awful for quite some time, the Mavs have been good for quite some time. I definitely hold the Packers to a higher standard than the Bucks. Even though the Lions have talent and made it to the playoffs rcently you're still used to them being awful so your still numb to it. Kinda like the Brewers being so close to the World Series 2 years ago then missing the playoffs last year. I was upset but its not like its anything I'm not used to. Same thing as the Lions from 2 years ago to last year.

Last edited:
Please pardon my rant.
2 years ago I gave my team an ultimatum. I had very realistic expectations. All I wanted was to go .500.I didnt want the division, a deep playoff run, or a World Series ring; just win more games then you lost. They coulddnt even do that so I boycotted the Mets last year and I am toying with doing it again this year. They are not even trying to put a good product out on the field. How do you lose the batting champion and then the Cy young winner to free agency on back to back years? And dint make an offer on wither of them? I didnt even watch games on TV because that adds to their revenue too with ratings/advertising.The only game I went to was the subway series and it was a fathers day gift.
The Wilpons are a joke. Then they say ohh we are fine with our off field financial problems. Expect us to spend money 2014 and 2015. Have you seen a calendar? what about this year? You might be able to pull that mess off if you were the only show in town. But with the recent sucess of the Yankees, football Giants, and Knicks, you have to WORK to stay relevant in this city. In the MLB, the poor only get poorer.
Most of my family roots for the Mets. We inherited it from my Grandfather. They called me a fairweather fan and said how can I turn my back on the team. I said if they were showing effort and lost, I wouldnt have a problem with it. Also if you had a girlfriend and time after time she kept disappointing you, stopped caring, didnt doll herself up anymore, and started taking you for granted, she wouldnt be your girl for much longer. Then why do you let a team do it to you?

end rant.

Last edited:
Just keep on keeping on. I don't approve of many decisions made by my sports teams. For example the Bucks trading Ray Allen to rent Gary Payton. Michael Redds contract. Just trading Tobias for Redick. I'm almost certain Tobias will become a stud. Dude is younger than I am and looks like he's been in th NBa for years. I'm never gonna stop being a fan though, that's my home team, that's sports. Brewers were terrible my entire life. Made it that much better on our playoff run 2 years ago. There's a bunch of frauds on this board. From what I see on here I wouldn't consider half of NTers real fans. Just desperate for a reason to talk ****. Fans of cowboys, lakers and Yankees. Increase of Heat fans since Lebron joined. I don't like my home team so I'm gonna pick a different team to like but then say I've always been a fan of my home team once they start doing well. I can't deal with my team losing I imnew team because this is just too much or in other words I'm a little *****. I don't care what anyone says...your only a fan if you pick a team and that's your team for the rest of your life. I don't like the direction they're headed is such a cop out excuse for being a cry baby. I will for sure no questions asked be a Packers, Brewers, Bucks, Badgers, Marquette fan for my entire life because I'm a fan and those are my teams.

Also, anyone who makes a comment like " your team is the bucks though lol the bucks" is not a real fan. By doing that your basically trying to bash me for being a real fan sticking with my team through never ending crap. So if you're trying to make fun of someone for being a real fan I have good reason to believe you are not a real fan.

Yup thats how it be looking like to me as well. I'mma Philly sports fan and the only team I root for outside of Philly is the Falcons. Liked using them in the OG NFL Blitz and followed them ever since lol Had to endure the horrible Joey Harrington/Byron Leftwich year and all those other mediorce/ letdown seasons. 2 points in a Playoff game smh, blowing a 20 point lead to get us into the Super Bowl this year smh. I still mess with the Eagles too. I damn near celebrated when we got rid of Andy Reid and Morningwegs bum ***** this year lol. Nearly every other non Philly sports team I can careless for tho

Texans - Drafting Carr w/ no o-line until his last year set them back 5 years. They've had recent success, but I still feel like 2007-2010 were some wasted season where they should have been performing better sooner. Everybody knows Conservative Kub's coaching style, where he never makes adjustments to anything until it's too late, if at all. I also thought for years now the Texans should have had a big nasty NT, and yet they have continued to avoid that just cause they need guys "who can quickly get up the field". That irks me that they always prolong getting necessary things while addressing other things. I've already mentioned multiple time how they don't get rid of guys when they're supposed to. It's like they are 100% indebted to players when they get them, and only get rid of them when it's out of their hands, or they just do it too late. Jacques Reeves, Travis Johnson, Amobi Okoye, and yes, even the should-have-been-SB MVP Jacoby Jones all should have been wearing different uniforms before they were actually let go.

Rockets - Since Artest was here, 3 years of 'almost-but-not-quite' was very sickening, especially since the Rockets were very competitive and teased you into thinking they would do something. Last year was the 1st year I was able to watch every single Rockets game in a long time cause I was out of state in college. It was completely agonizing when they went on that losing streak near the end and took themselves out the playoffs and back into no man's land of 9th. Besides that 6-10 disastrous anomaly Texans season in 2010, I don't think I've ever been more disgusted in a Houston team. Trevor Ariza's contract :x Yea, pay this guy 35 mill just cause he made some key steals as the number 7 guy on the Lakers, and try to make him the #1 guy on the Rockets :smh: But based on all those articles, the Rockets team you see now plus some other potential additions maybe is the result of Morey's "Competitive Rebuilding". I like what I see now, so I'm more hopeful of them than I've been in awhile.

Seahawks - Love what I see from the Hawks now, but ever since the refs Steelers too their super bowl, those years in between were very lean. So many questionable, insignificant pickups. TJ Duckett had a bunch of goal line TDs, but that running game was all around pathetic once Shaun Alexander never recovered from his knee injury. Add on Mack Strong being forced into retirement and them not being able to keep Steve Hutchinson...:smh:...and signing Edgerrin James (just for him to extend his yardage and get records), an over the hill Marcus Pollard, and not letting go Kelly Jennings til years later...:stoneface: :stoneface: . Thankfully Pete came in an has been making great moves, enough to bring a tear to your face. Was so glad to get Marshawn Lynch, just to finally have a legit RB after Alexander's injury and treading water with Julius Jones and nothing else behind him.

Sonics - I'm probably one of the few old Sonics fans who doesn't have any animosity for OKC, even though was they are now, could've been in Seattle. I'm just glad Seattle will eventually get a team back, even though they're being blocked right now...

Last edited:
"Just root for another team!" 90% of heat fans on this board.

Eagles- This year was beyond disappointing. We're winning the superbowl next year so it's all good.

Rockets- Since 2009, when we should've won the finals and were just average for the next 4 years, I just waited for us to get a good draft pick, and james harden came along, and we're somewhat relevant , and when Dwight slides to houston next year, not 1, not 2, not 3, etc

Angels- Spend all the money on the biggest player in the MLB just for us to not make the playoffs. Dont matter tho, 2013 World Series champs :smokin

Honestly though, if my favorite team is irrelevant at the time, I'll try to enjoy the other great players in the sport at the time.

I ride with my team regardless. Save the last two years, the 49ers have been basura for most of my childhood.

Same with the Kings. They're halfway to Seattle and I still claim those bums :smh:

Im a Cowboys fan, the amount of (warranted and unwarranted) hate is ridiculous combined with the idiotic front office. I just stare into the sky and hope for change.

Im a Cowboys fan, the amount of (warranted and unwarranted) hate is ridiculous combined with the idiotic front office. I just stare into the sky and hope for change.

Being a cowboy hater living in Dallas I've come to feel sorry for them. Cowboy fans from Dallas are the most passionate fan base I've dealt with. Its deeper than football.

Back
Top Bottom