What's a GOOD work shoe?

My old shoes were a pair of dual fusion st 2s. They were great but I just kinda wore them out in the last 4 months so the durability is not as great as I'd hoped. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should look into next? Needs to be mostly black, lightweight, comfortable. I prefer anything with a mesh toe box. Help me out?

Where do you work?

I need to know what you do before I can suggest a shoe

I'm a big fan of the Nike LunarGlide 3...

The current model is 4

Pretty much and Nike shoe with a Lunar Sole or even a Free sole will be very comfortable and lightweight.

Hit up a Nike Outlet for dope prices.

I'm a manager at a Dollar General. It ain't glamorous but it pays the bills and keeps kicks on shelves. It mostly a lot of walking and squatting and I have to chase down the occasional shoplifter.

New Balance cross trainers. What I mostly wear at the moment. Very comfortable for just general wearing but a good athletic shoe for running about too. They also look okay with what you probably have to wear at work.

View media item 124700
Also available in white but I like the black.

Free Runs hurt my feet because of the lack of support. I work at Finish Line and use the Lunarglide 4 for when I'm on my feet all day and have to run back and forth all the time.

I've had Lunarglides, Free's and 990 series. Out of those I def recommend the 990 series from New Balance or the Lunarglides. Free Runs just didn't have enough support and my feet would start hurting after a while. My favorite shoe to work in (Worked Retail for 5+ years in HS and college) were Asics running shoes. I owned the 21 series as well as Gel Nimbus and Kayano. These shoes > the previously mentioned, though I have a special place in my heart for NB 992's.

Black, lightweight, and comfortable?

sanuk-vagaond-chill-blk.gif

Danskos, your feet will thank me. Yea I know they look odd, but they are comfy. Especially if you do work that involves standing and walking 15+ hours a day :smh:

View media item 125228

Last edited:
Need suggestions for comfortable work shoes. It's for my mother, she is on her feet all day.

Back
Top Bottom