what's all da damn hubbub over da 13 colonies Flag air maxes?

^ Two completely different situations. :rolleyes

There is evidence that white supremacist groups are out there using the BR flag as a symbol to promote their hateful rhetoric.

The 76ers logo took a PART of the BR flag that has to do with the city’s history and incorporated it into their logo.

Like, do you guys not understand the concept of nuance?

A few years ago white supremacists claimed that new balance were their choice of shoes... does that mean that new balance are now a part of being align with white supremacist ideals?

Obama really has nothing to do with that picture. But 2 Betsy Ross Colonial Flags were clearly hung and visible for all to see during the inauguration speech of the President of the United States. And not peep was said by anyone. Were the people offended now by the flag not offended then? I'm not talking about black people I'm talking about all people offended by the flag. Why no outrage then?
so we're really going to pretend like you didn't use that pic from Obama's inauguration specifically because it was his inauguration? oh ok.

like I said, I speak for myself. at the same time i'm happy that more ppl are informed of the history of this country. regardless of the flag that was flying at any time in u.s. history, all of the flags have blood on them and all have been waving while ppl have been and still are oppressed.

we aren't going to act like nobody has ever sat out of the pledge of allegiance or had an issue with the flag prior to this week.

A few years ago white supremacists claimed that new balance were their choice of shoes... does that mean that new balance are now a part of being align with white supremacist ideals?
does nb have a long history of being used by white supremacists like the flag?
does nb have a long history of supporting white supremacists like the govt?

Obama really has nothing to do with that picture. But 2 Betsy Ross Colonial Flags were clearly hung and visible for all to see during the inauguration speech of the President of the United States. And not peep was said by anyone. Were the people offended now by the flag not offended then? I'm not talking about black people I'm talking about all people offended by the flag. Why no outrage then?
Maybe send a message to Colin Kaepernick and see if he gives you a response? No one here can speak for him.

does nb have a long history of being used by white supremacists like the flag?
does nb have a long history of supporting white supremacists like the govt?

Do you realize how many things I can list that’s used today that was used during slavery?

Seems like an obvious trap. White supremacist are using the flag hoping ppl will be outaged by it to create an even bigger divide. We honestly shouldn't be giving them this much power.

6714F837-44EE-4FE7-8F3B-4ED5C04830E3.jpeg

-Some of you are clearly just products of you're parenting,your upbringing your surroundings and the system.I don't blame you for that I don't hold that against you at all .
-A few on here are just trolls who add no value to nothing and they've surface to do just that because this is the only place(internet) where they feel like they have a say in things and their taking full advantage of that.What's sad is they use a platform like this to 'get back' at others for comments made towards them that they are bothered by so he goes out of his way to see something and jump head first out of the window with a slick response about something he knows nothing about and really doesn't care about....is this what NT has come too?
-Having an opinion is fine but one damn sneaker isn't going to change one goddamn thing and I bet 50% which you had the shoe in your possession so you can use the benefit of capitalization in this great country that gives you that right to resale it at a marked up price because the actual shoe means nothing to you,you don't care but it's time to say something slick so we can turn it into something else because I really don't like something about myself,the direction my life is headed,the idea that someone doesn't think the same way as me.For the younger people fine knock yourself out,how you feel today may not be how you feel 10yrs from now but some of you 30+ year olds if things like this tickles your fancy instead of celebrating it the fact that you have the right to agree,disagree,support,not support,purchase or not purchase your issues go deeper that a shoe that some find offensive.

-
-Having an opinion is fine but one damn sneaker isn't going to change one goddamn thing and I bet 50% which you had the shoe in your possession so you can use the benefit of capitalization in this great country that gives you that right to resale it at a marked up price because the actual shoe means nothing to you,you don't care but it's time to say something slick so we can turn it into something else because I really don't like something about myself,the direction my life is headed,the idea that someone doesn't think the same way as me.For the younger people fine knock yourself out,how you feel today may not be how you feel 10yrs from now but some of you 30+ year olds if things like this tickles your fancy instead of celebrating it the fact that you have the right to agree,disagree,support,not support,purchase or not purchase your issues go deeper that a shoe that some find offensive.

I agree with you, but to be fair this one shoe did spark a national conversation which was the intent when Nike pulled it. I don't agree w/ them taking off the flag, but I'm all for a healty conversation. But ur right, it won't change world hunger or violence, or racism, but if we could have an actual healty educated conversation without ppl yelling it would be nice.

Ask the question to Nike. They're the one who pulled the shoe because of the flag.

Have these White Nationalists tattooed and displayed New Balance insignia the same way they tattoo the thirteen stars of the Betsy Ross flag?

I would’ve put big advertisements with these flags and logos on non-white athletes clothing to piss off these racist folks. I doubt they’d want to wear it if they see the people they hate rocking it :lol:

Edit: If I was Nike.

F the flags, F the anthem, F all of these object being used as a symbol of division. It’s pointless to have a grown up convo with some of these posters because a lot of these people are either ignorant or complicit with the continued disrespect of African Americans and the other minority groups.

No matter how many boxes I check off, at the end of the day, i am a black man and this country while it has afforded me and my family similar advantages that should come with being born in this country, was never designed for those like me to have equal liberties. That’s a fact. History has a way of showing us this time and time again.

I disagree with Colin and I’m a minority(Black/Spanish) . The flag was taken and turned into a hate symbol. The flag was never intended to be a hate symbol. I find it disrespectful to consider it a hate symbol considering the first victim of the Revolutionary war Crispus Attucks, was a black man and was a former slave! He died protesting for what he believed was right. The local paper in Boston didn’t even refer to him as a Negro or the N word. He was honored as a hero! In Boston of all places! While the flag was made after his death, it was made to honor the sacrifices of the colonists of the 13 original colonies and as a symbol of rebellion from oppression. If anything the British flag should be considered a hate symbol. They have enslaved countless races from 6 continents including many of our ancestors and bled these continents dry of any valuable resources and art and took them back to Britain.

Just my 2 cents, I don’t care about Nike pulling the shoe
While I don't agree with you I can respect your point of view.

It is important to note that the Revolutionary War was really about wealthy land and slave owners not wanting to pay taxes to Britain. A free person of color like Crispus Attucks wouldn't have been allowed to join the Continental Army at first. It wasn't till they needed more soldiers even after scamming and drafting people to join that they allowed freed Blacks in. Since most people weren't wealthy land and slave owners they weren't too concerned with British rule and didn't have cause to join the army voluntarily. Crispus Attucks was a seaman and would have come in direct contact with British soldiers and competed with them for work so he would have personal financial issues with the British. Free Blacks and slaves in the Continental Army were mostly restricted to supporting roles as there was fear about giving them guns.

Were white supremacy groups using the BR flag as a symbol back then? Yes or no?

Most likely they did exist at that time but honestly the difference between then and now is the knowledge of what other people are doing is way more available now. You can literally see people you never would have thought to even search for appear on any screen you own all over the world and everybody is telling their business, sharing their ideals/morals and their inner thoughts.
So the whole "where was the outrage then" becomes less of a point because I was not educated then so I can't be mad at something I don't know

Unless you can prove that there was no "outrage" then your point isn't made that there wasn't any.
I'm sure if I shared a tweet or comment or a story of somebody telling me how they wish those flags were taken down it would be dismissed for some reason. Stop trying to validate what somebody can be "outraged" about. And stop using "outrage" in place of dislike. Alex Jones is outraged about gay frogs, some of the people who don't want a black Little Mermaid are outraged, Kaep dislikes the flag and what it represents.

Glad I was able to cop this Lo sweater before Colin found it.

20190628_090634.jpg

Hopefully wearing it doesn't make me look racist. Definitely can't be as bad as the day I decided to rock this with all white.

20181116_175228.jpg

Also it's funny they say the flag should never be worn when it's stitched on all type of government uniforms...

Back
Top Bottom