What's good my Asian NTers Vol. Eating at an Asian restaurant

Whenever I go out with friends or family to an Asian restaurant (particularly Oriental), I got no clue how I should be eating cause I don't usually eat the rice/noodles out that often. My Asian friends pick up their rice bowls and use chopsticks to kind of scrape the food into their mouth and really stuff a lot of noodles into their mouth when they're eating.

Since I never learned this is kind of embarrassing when I go, so how should I be eating my rice and noodles? I know how to use chopsticks so I eat with them, but do I pick up some rice with the chopsticks then carry it to my mouth? And with the noodles do I slurp them, or pull a couple out of the bowl then bite them off with my teeth?

I know a good percentage of NT is Asian so thanks, good looking out

Whenever I go out with friends or family to an Asian restaurant (particularly Oriental), I got no clue how I should be eating cause I don't usually eat the rice/noodles out that often. My Asian friends pick up their rice bowls and use chopsticks to kind of scrape the food into their mouth and really stuff a lot of noodles into their mouth when they're eating.

Since I never learned this is kind of embarrassing when I go, so how should I be eating my rice and noodles? I know how to use chopsticks so I eat with them, but do I pick up some rice with the chopsticks then carry it to my mouth? And with the noodles do I slurp them, or pull a couple out of the bowl then bite them off with my teeth?

I know a good percentage of NT is Asian so thanks, good looking out

what the hell 
laugh.gif
(im asian)
idk any asians that eat like that other than goku
use a spoon for your rice and chopsticks with a spoon for your noodles
when eating noodles pull it out and bite (pause)
when eating rice just eat it normally with a spoon

what the hell 
laugh.gif
(im asian)
idk any asians that eat like that other than goku
use a spoon for your rice and chopsticks with a spoon for your noodles
when eating noodles pull it out and bite (pause)
when eating rice just eat it normally with a spoon

Rice: pick up rice in bunches and put to mouth
Noodles: same thing then slurp. If the noodle is long, cut it with your teeth by bitting it and then repeat.

Rice: pick up rice in bunches and put to mouth
Noodles: same thing then slurp. If the noodle is long, cut it with your teeth by bitting it and then repeat.

Originally Posted by scshift

but do I pick up some rice with the chopsticks then carry it to my mouth? 

this is a lot easier than you think.. esp with the (stickier) white rice they serve @ most restaurants. 

but do I pick up some rice with the chopsticks then carry it to my mouth? 

this is a lot easier than you think.. esp with the (stickier) white rice they serve @ most restaurants. 

Asian =
Chinese
Korean
Japanese
Filipino
Indian
Laos
Thai

Each with their own different culture and customs.

ps. Oriental is an outdated term (at least in the US)

Asian =
Chinese
Korean
Japanese
Filipino
Indian
Laos
Thai

Each with their own different culture and customs.

ps. Oriental is an outdated term (at least in the US)

true asians would their rice with their hands like straight savages. but yeah, spoon for rice and chopsticks for noodles. 

true asians would their rice with their hands like straight savages. but yeah, spoon for rice and chopsticks for noodles. 

Originally Posted by proper english

(particularly Oriental)
i resent this comment. 
indifferent.gif
Son, it's 2011.  U must not hang around a lot of Asians to be throwin that word around
laugh.gif
.  The hell is an Oriental restaurant?

If u're eating rice with chopsticks, treat it like a spoon and scoop the rice into your mouth.   If all fails use regular untecils. 

Originally Posted by proper english

(particularly Oriental)
i resent this comment. 
indifferent.gif
Son, it's 2011.  U must not hang around a lot of Asians to be throwin that word around
laugh.gif
.  The hell is an Oriental restaurant?

If u're eating rice with chopsticks, treat it like a spoon and scoop the rice into your mouth.   If all fails use regular untecils. 

Oriental although outdated isn't offensive. Seeing at the region was once referred to as the Orient, Oriental shouldn't be offensive. I've asked all my Asian friends since I've seen the episode of Seinfeld when they used Oriental, if they were offended by it, most didn't care. Just throwing that out there.

Back
Top Bottom