What's good with though, though?

storm2006

Supporter
Today I caught myself saying though a few times after statements when it wasn't really necessary then came back to General and realized it was the norm
laugh.gif
. I'm not hating, just wondering where this originated from though.

I use to say it all the time in highschool, I mean all the time after every single sentence. I stopped, and I never knew anyone else said it until I saw Dilla
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Did anyone notice though?

real talk bro, i say this after almost every one my sentences when i speak in real life, doe. not though, doe! but for nt sake i will spell it right.

it's brooklyn terminology, it's supposed to be "doe"...commonly used when stating boredom or express acknowledgment.

example
*room is quiet*

you: "damn doe"

example2
*chatting on facebook with a girl*

you: "wassup wit dem jpegs doe"
girl: "the ones in my album"

example3
*couple arguing and woman slaps man in public*
you: "fo'real doe?"
your friend: she would've got the chris beezy

but j dilla isn't from brooklyn so he's bitting and does it all wrong, he's probably a long island kid amazed by the "big city"...whichexplains why he takes random pics on the subway like a tourist, it's new to him.

Originally Posted by Kakashi

it's brooklyn terminology, it's supposed to be "doe"...commonly used when stating boredom or express acknowledgment.

example
*room is quiet*

example2

example3

but j dilla isn't from brooklyn so he's bitting and does it all wrong, he's probably a long island kid amazed by the "big city"...which explains why he takes random pics on the subway like a tourist, it's new to him.
shots.jpg

99% of the common word used in NT originate from NYC

there are more CA NTers but we run this $#!^
pimp.gif

example
*room is quiet*

example2

example3

but j dilla isn't from brooklyn so he's bitting and does it all wrong, he's probably a long island kid amazed by the "big city"...which explains why he takes random pics on the subway like a tourist, it's new to him.
0583542c489d6541f6aabd158e9a3bc42603b8e.gif

yes...b/c the word "though" has never been used before to express a countering argument.
http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/7640198#reply-7640198eg.
you moved when you were 12 though...how you gonna talk about comparing the cost of living?

Originally Posted by Storm2006

example
*room is quiet*

example2

example3

shots.jpg
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

example
*room is quiet*

example2

example3

yes...b/c the word "though" has never been used before to express a countering argument.
you moved when you were 12 though...how you gonna talk about comparing the cost of living?

"doe" and "though" are two different things...you would've had to live in the "hood" to understand dat doe...or should icounter argument in proper syntax with "though"

example 4:
NTer 1: why dirty try to correct son like that doe?
NTer 2: idunno but my son kakashi replied with the quickness and herb him out though

example 5:
kakashi: i attended college 18-22 in new york though
random nter: dirty you look silly now though
roll.gif

example
*room is quiet*

example2

example3

"doe" and "though" are two different things...you would've had to live in the "hood" to understand dat doe...or should i counter argument in proper syntax with "though"

example 4:
NTer 2: idunno but my son kakashi replied with the quickness and herb him out though

example 5:
roll.gif

ammo.jpg

This man is ready for war

example
*room is quiet*

example2

example3

"doe" and "though" are two different things...you would've had to live in the "hood" to understand dat doe...or should i counter argument in proper syntax with "though"

example 4:

example 5:
roll.gif

Oh, you boutta get Banned though.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by The Genesis

example
*room is quiet*

example2

example3

example 4:

example 5:
roll.gif

Oh, you boutta get Banned though.
roll.gif

banned for what though?

i was explaining some things to son though?
laugh.gif

this what he wanted though to know about the cost of living in new york though

Back
Top Bottom