Whats Jay Talkin about? ("Encore")

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

drake's garnering 80k for 16 bars nowadays.

and i would imagine wayne is generously compensated for his guest features.

BUT...

more than hov? that's under serious investigation.

Thats just crazy..
eek.gif

Dude better drop another Illmatic or something...dude pretty much did everything an artist can do without an album...

God I hate PDA.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

drake's garnering 80k for 16 bars nowadays.

and i would imagine wayne is generously compensated for his guest features.

BUT...

more than hov? that's under serious investigation.

Thats just crazy..
eek.gif

Dude better drop another Illmatic or something...dude pretty much did everything an artist can do without an album...

God I hate PDA.

roll.gif

I THINK MORE FOR LIKE R&B RECORDS OR SOMETHING OF THAT NATURE THATS OUT OF HIPHOP

LIKE A COLD-PLAY ARTIST

WHO CAN AFFORD A VERSE AND SEE IT AS A WIN IN THEY EYES

CAUSE DURING THOSE TIMES PEOPLE REALLY THOUGHT JAY WAS GONE FOR GOOD
indifferent.gif

SO WITHOUT A DOUBT HE CAN HYPE UP PRICE AND PEOPLE THINKING LIKE ..WELL HE DOESNT RAP ANYMORE ...SO IT MUST BE WORTH IT

:CAMRON VOICE: U MAKING SECRET SONGS LIKE YOU MASE

He can keep that 16 if I'm an up and comer... Hell if I'm artist period.

I'm not co-signing giving dude a million dollars to hear his voice for 52 secs. Kiss My %*$!!!!

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I'm not co-signing giving dude a million dollars to hear his voice for 52 secs. Kiss My %*$!!!!
U DONT EVEN GOT A MILLI THO  OR A KNOWN ARTIST FOR JAY TO COSIGN

WHY EVEN BE MAD

MAJOR LABELS SHOULD BE THE ONLY ONES WORKING THIS OUT
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

WHY EVEN BE MAD

laugh.gif

Its about the priciple of the situation G... and I wasn't talking about an artist needing Jay to co-sign, I said as an artist theirs now way I would be able to cosign my lable giving that man 2 comma's for him to give me a 16.  I couldn't do it, I just couldn't.  Its not that serious
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

WHY EVEN BE MAD

laugh.gif

Its about the priciple of the situation G... and I wasn't talking about an artist needing Jay to co-sign, I said as an artist theirs now way I would be able to cosign my lable giving that man 2 comma's for him to give me a 16.  I couldn't do it, I just couldn't.  Its not that serious
smh.gif
true.  labels need to be slapped if they dropping that cash (probably somebody in a mariah carey range I would assume).

I have always thought artists just go on each others albums at a discounted rate or something. Drake was on Blueprint 3 now Jay-Z will be Thank Me Later. Kanye produces for Carter III while Wayne was on Graduation and 808's. Probably silly logic but it makes sense to me

i doubt Jay is on Drakes album. Only cause he rarely gets on other peoples songs. but he's worked wtih him before so.
and i doubt Jay pays anyone for a verse.

lokey i would pay a mill for a jay feature, but in my contract there better be single and video appearance clause.

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

lokey i would pay a mill for a jay feature, but in my contract there better be single and video appearance clause.

Not happening, if you're not Rihianna or Beyonce 
laugh.gif

You're going to give him 6 zero's for a #8 track
roll.gif
smh.gif

I mean...he makes close to a mill per concert...i'm sure this isn't that out of the ordinary

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Am I the only one who caught that?

A MILL PER CONCERT?

I mean, I'd say like 300k.

But a MILL?

Can someone verify this?

Originally Posted by ciph4

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

I mean...he makes close to a mill per concert...i'm sure this isn't that out of the ordinary

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

A MILL PER CONCERT?

But a MILL?

Can someone verify this?
"The concert cost $1.4 million (with $750,000 going to Jay-Z)"

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/paper-trail/2009/05/06/arizona-state-lost-900000-on-jay-z-concert.html

from how i read it, and was told. Jay and his band got a Million. 750k was Jay's cut.

i was at that concert and their were a few things wrong. they only opeened up a sideline for the concert, and the tickets could be copied. there were folks with the same ticket. you moved, someone with your ticket (copied) would take your seat. This was front row. thats why they loss money in my eyes.

Prince got aid 4 mill for Coachella.

When you do one off festivals you get paid a lot (This only applies to headliners) then his show.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by ciph4

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

A MILL PER CONCERT?

But a MILL?

Can someone verify this?
"The concert cost $1.4 million (with $750,000 going to Jay-Z)"

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/paper-trail/2009/05/06/arizona-state-lost-900000-on-jay-z-concert.html

from how i read it, and was told. Jay and his band got a Million. 750k was Jay's cut.

i was at that concert and their were a few things wrong. they only opeened up a sideline for the concert, and the tickets could be copied. there were folks with the same ticket. you moved, someone with your ticket (copied) would take your seat. This was front row. thats why they loss money in my eyes.

750 per concert?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

God I wish I was that rich.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom