"What's Lurking in Your Stadium Food" Health Department inspection report from all 107 stadiums

http://sports.espn.go.com...00725/stadiumconcessions

A interesting report of Outside the Lines that shows how the food we eat at stadiums is really prepared...

There is a nifty little map that shows what percentage of Venders is in violation...

Verzion Center

Washington D.C.

Washington Wizards, Washington

100% of venders in violation

"Mice droppings, a critical violation in Washington, were found in at least 10 vendors." 
sick.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com...00725/stadiumconcessions

A interesting report of Outside the Lines that shows how the food we eat at stadiums is really prepared...

There is a nifty little map that shows what percentage of Venders is in violation...

Verzion Center

Washington D.C.

Washington Wizards, Washington

100% of venders in violation

"Mice droppings, a critical violation in Washington, were found in at least 10 vendors." 
sick.gif

I was watching that report on ESPN yesterday and was disgusted by the insider's testimony. 76 million people annually get sick from stadium food.

I gotta check that list. Were college venues done as well?

I was watching that report on ESPN yesterday and was disgusted by the insider's testimony. 76 million people annually get sick from stadium food.

I gotta check that list. Were college venues done as well?

Not surprised about the Verizon Center at all, rats are all over DC no reason why they'd discriminate against the Verizon Center
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at the Staples Center, why the hell would you order sushi anyway?

Not surprised about the Verizon Center at all, rats are all over DC no reason why they'd discriminate against the Verizon Center
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at the Staples Center, why the hell would you order sushi anyway?

U catch the ex-vendor on ESPN last night?  They blurred out his face but he went around with a hidden cam (I forget what arena) to show how nasty #$$% was.  He showed rat turds on boxes, raw chicken sitting above cooked chicken, moldy chicken wings...which the mold was cut off of and served later, meats that should have been refrigerated but were left out for hours, etc etc....

With Ted Leonsis now owning the VC/Wizards/Caps, you best believe changes will be made.  Folks routinely complained during the Pollin era, but nothing was done.  In the past, I never spent a dime on the food at the VC because it never looked appetizing. 

U catch the ex-vendor on ESPN last night?  They blurred out his face but he went around with a hidden cam (I forget what arena) to show how nasty #$$% was.  He showed rat turds on boxes, raw chicken sitting above cooked chicken, moldy chicken wings...which the mold was cut off of and served later, meats that should have been refrigerated but were left out for hours, etc etc....

With Ted Leonsis now owning the VC/Wizards/Caps, you best believe changes will be made.  Folks routinely complained during the Pollin era, but nothing was done.  In the past, I never spent a dime on the food at the VC because it never looked appetizing. 

Remind me to never eat or drink anything if I go to a sporting event in Florida.
sick.gif

Remind me to never eat or drink anything if I go to a sporting event in Florida.
sick.gif

It will just like those hotels exposes they used to do on Dateline a couple years ago, people will swear to not stay at certian big name hotels or eat their food or what not and after a couple of months it will blow over
laugh.gif

It will just like those hotels exposes they used to do on Dateline a couple years ago, people will swear to not stay at certian big name hotels or eat their food or what not and after a couple of months it will blow over
laugh.gif

sick.gif
All the stadiums and arenas in Florida have over 65% of vendors in violation. Not to mention the two major stadiums and arenas in my city, American Airlines Arena and Sun Life Stadium, have 93% of vendors in violation. Florida is really slacking hard.

sick.gif
All the stadiums and arenas in Florida have over 65% of vendors in violation. Not to mention the two major stadiums and arenas in my city, American Airlines Arena and Sun Life Stadium, have 93% of vendors in violation. Florida is really slacking hard.

laugh.gif
at sun life stadium.

I am not surprised. You have teenagers working for minimum wage serving thousands of people.

There is always a bag of chicken lying around on the ground before game time thawing to be ready

for game time . YUCK

laugh.gif
at sun life stadium.

I am not surprised. You have teenagers working for minimum wage serving thousands of people.

There is always a bag of chicken lying around on the ground before game time thawing to be ready

for game time . YUCK

Bunch of nasty #%% people in Florida 
sick.gif
. I can live with those Cali percentages. I don't think anything will stop me from enjoying a beer and garlic fries at At&t 
pimp.gif

Bunch of nasty #%% people in Florida 
sick.gif
. I can live with those Cali percentages. I don't think anything will stop me from enjoying a beer and garlic fries at At&t 
pimp.gif

You would think when you have to pay $12 for a beer or $6 for a small bottle of water or $8 for a hot dog that god forbid you had decent employees/supervisors and standards in place. I guess that's too much to ask.

You would think when you have to pay $12 for a beer or $6 for a small bottle of water or $8 for a hot dog that god forbid you had decent employees/supervisors and standards in place. I guess that's too much to ask.

Great idea, horrible execution. It doesn't help that each state has different definitions as to what qualifies as a critical violation. Not surprised to see Verizon Center though, it's right next to an underground subway station
laugh.gif
. What really needs to be looked at is how shady the state of Illinois is, those people should be the ones most concerned about this report. Wrigley Field gets no violations but the place smells like piss.
roll.gif

Great idea, horrible execution. It doesn't help that each state has different definitions as to what qualifies as a critical violation. Not surprised to see Verizon Center though, it's right next to an underground subway station
laugh.gif
. What really needs to be looked at is how shady the state of Illinois is, those people should be the ones most concerned about this report. Wrigley Field gets no violations but the place smells like piss.
roll.gif

Gillette with a perfect score and Fenway with only 4%, plus the Garden is relatively clean compared to most other places.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom