What's the craziest most irresponsible thing you did in your youth?

Found an exploit on JustinTV/Twitch that allowed logging in on almost anyone's account without having to know their email or password, including system administrators, which I then used to steal hundreds of years-long inactive usernames so I could sell them.
In hindsight it was extremely reckless, as I sometimes forgot proper identity protection measures.

As far as I know they never knew my actual identity but they could've probably figured it out with some more effort. Thankfully they were willing to make a sort of informal non-prosecution agreement and even allowed me back on Twitch on a username of my choice. They agreed to wipe all references to my prior account theft bans as well.
In exchange, all they demanded was that I would explain the exploit to them and that I would not discuss it anywhere or with anyone while the company's Amazon acquisition deal was being negotiated.

The irony is that both of the administrators I made the agreement with are now permanently suspended from Twitch :lol:
Their head of community support later got banned due to sexual harrassment because he apparently demanded sexual favors in exchange for unbanning, partnerships etc.
The other admin, who was their head of security at the time, got fired and permanently banned as well at some point afterwards but I don't know why. I heard it was due to bribery but I don't know the circumstances.

Age 16/17 I discovered unlocked cars. If an apartment complex had 50 cars in a parking lot, chances are atleast 10 would be unlocked. You would specifically go to cars that were in a 'blind spot' of the apartment and out of view. My friend who hipped me to this told me to avoid the old schools with 20 inch rims - those were the dope boys.

People would have whole wallets with credit cards laying on the seat. Hell, there was even people who left there keys. But I wasnt trying to catch a felony. I would only take loose change and dollar bills. One night I was doing my thing in a Buick Park Ave and as I went to close the door some Suge Knight looking cat was behind me with a baseball bat. That was the end of that for me.

Age 18-19 Still wasn't working and caught the shoplifting bug. I hit Best Buy for the first time with a bunch of iPods, digital cameras and prepaid phones. I was kind of shocked when I walked out the door and nothing happened. I always assumed if you walked out the door with something you didn't pay for alarms would automatically go off but that's only high dollar electronics. I limited my activities to once or twice a month and mostly took stuff for personal use (told myself I was gonna learn coding, design and editing but never happened). Years later I learned a lot of these dudes who treat it like a job easily make $200-300 a day selling the stuff to pawn shops and corner stores in the hood.

Age 20-22 Discovered part time/seasonal jobs so I cut back on the scheming. Now that I finally had a steady source of income, I started doing more white collar type shenanigans. This was during the peak of MySpace when you could buy 10k friends for a hundred bucks. I pretended to be a local impresario in the fashion/modeling industries. I'd meet chicks at the Olive Garden or Red Lobster, finesse them into paying my meal. As far as smashing? Still lived at home so that was out of the question.

And since I was under 25 Enterprise, Budget and Hertz wouldn't rent to me. Found a limo company that had Cadillac, Lincoln and Mercury sedans available. You could rent them for half the day at 40 bucks. The backseats in the Deville and Grand Marquis were so big you could get it poppin comfortably. I felt scumbag-ish, but remind myself for these chicks meeting me was probably the highlight of their "career". If they didn't already have a portfolio or representation by a certain age it was already too late.

Age 23-25 I finally started working full time, living on my own which ceased my adventures, 25-29 I started getting into more skilled work, driving cargo vans, small box trucks etc. 30-35 I been working a minimum of 55 hours a week and have a permanent career. But now that I entered my late 30s i fantasize in the back of my mind about running cons cause of how dismal life has gotten. I got all my bills paid, but never have free time to truly enjoy anything. It sucks.

i thought this would end with you being a lawyer in albuquerque

All types of credit card related shenanigans in the early 00’s. And jumping my ex gf’s neighbor and getting him put into a coma during that same early 00’s timeframe. He deserved it for various reasons. He ended up getting popped a few years later for something unrelated though.

Hella gas and gos

I was kind of a scum bag tbh, we’d go into retail stores and just walk out with polo and Burberry shirts and if security tried to stop us we’d just knock them out.

Boosie made girbaud popular so I’d sell alot of them. Dro made polo popular so those sold well. Jay z made those stupid button downs popular so those sold well.

You get the point, got arrested multiple times for it. Was dumb af but I just wanted money.

My friend Joey's house was our Outback Steakhouse--no rules, just right. We used to steal his mom's car every weekend when we were 15 to drive around egging houses and putting fireworks in people's mailboxes. Surprised we never got caught considering we would drive down the same roads on the same day of the week around the same time for weeks on end.

He lived across the street from a bagel place and right next to his house was a well-lit parking lot that we would hang out and skate in during the wee hours. It was around 4AM and we were all bored to death looking for trouble. We notice a truck pull into the bagel place's parking lot and plop a garbage bag down on the front doorstep. The truck drove away and we immediately crossed the street to see what was in the bag. When we opened it up we saw what had to be about 100 freshly-baked Kaiser rolls. We snagged the bag and ran it back to Joey's house where we gorged on buttered rolls, PB&Js, and egg sandwiches until the sun came up. We did this about 3 times a week until we started telling other kids about this come-up. One of the kids we told tried to bring a crew of about 15 kids there one night and got met with the owner swinging the front door open with a baseball bat. Owner got a few good whacks in on the kid and the kid ended up getting arrested. He tried to tell the owner that he wasn't the one that was stealing the rolls for the past few weeks but no one believed him.

Whenever one of us had a skate deck that was on its last legs we'd put the board in the middle of the road late at night and wait in the bushes for a car to run it over. 9 times out of 10 it wouldn't be a clean break and the car would either hit the nose/tail of the board and send it flying into the air or it'd get stuck underneath the car and make a trail of sparks 100+ feet long down the road. A lot of the cars would circle back to look for us but we'd always run up into the woods so we never got caught.

I'm sure there's more stories buried in my subconscious, but those are at the forefront of my brain at the moment.

Age 16/17 I discovered unlocked cars. If an apartment complex had 50 cars in a parking lot, chances are atleast 10 would be unlocked. You would specifically go to cars that were in a 'blind spot' of the apartment and out of view. My friend who hipped me to this told me to avoid the old schools with 20 inch rims - those were the dope boys.

People would have whole wallets with credit cards laying on the seat. Hell, there was even people who left there keys. But I wasnt trying to catch a felony. I would only take loose change and dollar bills. One night I was doing my thing in a Buick Park Ave and as I went to close the door some Suge Knight looking cat was behind me with a baseball bat. That was the end of that for me.

Age 18-19 Still wasn't working and caught the shoplifting bug. I hit Best Buy for the first time with a bunch of iPods, digital cameras and prepaid phones. I was kind of shocked when I walked out the door and nothing happened. I always assumed if you walked out the door with something you didn't pay for alarms would automatically go off but that's only high dollar electronics. I limited my activities to once or twice a month and mostly took stuff for personal use (told myself I was gonna learn coding, design and editing but never happened). Years later I learned a lot of these dudes who treat it like a job easily make $200-300 a day selling the stuff to pawn shops and corner stores in the hood.

Age 20-22 Discovered part time/seasonal jobs so I cut back on the scheming. Now that I finally had a steady source of income, I started doing more white collar type shenanigans. This was during the peak of MySpace when you could buy 10k friends for a hundred bucks. I pretended to be a local impresario in the fashion/modeling industries. I'd meet chicks at the Olive Garden or Red Lobster, finesse them into paying my meal. As far as smashing? Still lived at home so that was out of the question.

And since I was under 25 Enterprise, Budget and Hertz wouldn't rent to me. Found a limo company that had Cadillac, Lincoln and Mercury sedans available. You could rent them for half the day at 40 bucks. The backseats in the Deville and Grand Marquis were so big you could get it poppin comfortably. I felt scumbag-ish, but remind myself for these chicks meeting me was probably the highlight of their "career". If they didn't already have a portfolio or representation by a certain age it was already too late.

Age 23-25 I finally started working full time, living on my own which ceased my adventures, 25-29 I started getting into more skilled work, driving cargo vans, small box trucks etc. 30-35 I been working a minimum of 55 hours a week and have a permanent career. But now that I entered my late 30s i fantasize in the back of my mind about running cons cause of how dismal life has gotten. I got all my bills paid, but never have free time to truly enjoy anything. It sucks.

Lol @ white collar crime being finessing a free dinner at olive garden
had me DYING

Nothing too crazy. The usual young stupid girl **** like going to the city to meet up with boys. Hanging out with older guys and driving around drinking nutties in the back of a Honda civic blasting music. Also looking back these dudes were def predators cause we were 15/16 hanging out with dudes old enough to buy liquor 😫. As a mom to a teen now I shudder when I think of all the stupid **** we used to do.

me and the homies pulled up in homie’s mom’s minivan to a street where the ladies of the night used to be. when they walked up to the whip, we threw the sliding doors open like it was a drive by and let off a cooler full of water balloons.
we used to do this to a lot of people outside during the summer that we knew.

I was a pretty solid kid/teen
but I had a moment of stealing when I was around 9
I was never into stealing clothes or material items, I wanted candy/snacks

I was pretty smart lol
I learned that it was easiest if you stole ice cream, if they had those top opening/sliding freezers
cause if youre wearing a jacket
if you finesse an ice cream sandwhich for example, you can slip it up your sleeve while youre reaching in the freezer
you can get a few in there
but id also do this with candy bars etc too

around the same time
not all vending machines had that extra flap that stops you from reaching in from the bottom
so I found a stick and was able to shake off all the product from the last 2 rows at one on my block
this went on for maybe a week or 2
we feasted
then they got that extra flap

I grew up around some psychos though
at 13, fighting adults for fun
stealing bikes/cars
hopping on the back of the bus/bumper and getting on the highway

I was an ******* man. :lol:
blank-meme-021-scumbag-steve.jpg

I was a very bad youth. Out there just running amok in the name of fun.

-Broke into our middle school and stole a bunch of computer lab equipment. Just to take them into the woods and bash em up with sticks and stuff :lol:

-broke into our local church grange and stole a bunch of paintings and did the same thing

-broke into a fire department and stole quarters out of some donation box

-used to kill robins, crows, and blue jays with the BB gat.

-under age drank

-under age driving while drunk :smh:
(Also blew through a red light that I didn’t even see, at 70ish mph while drunk)

Stuff like that. Tons of stuff I don’t remember. Never got caught. Can’t believe none of my horrible decisions derailed my life in any way. Stopped all that nonsense by my sophomore year in HS I think.

Back
Top Bottom