Whats the deal with Asians being so uptight about interracial dating?

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Many Asian parents are racists deep down inside (my mom is and I know some of my friends' parents can be as well). And I will co-sign with aubstuh86; Chinese people can be very narrow-minded (I'm Chinese...I've seen it so many times)

Basically, they all think blacks and hispanics are inherently evil
smh.gif
. Or, they come from very traditional households and think Asians should only marry Asians.

Even they are racist among their own...I know someone Chinese dating a Korean girl and some members of his family have been giving the
smh.gif
about it.
Agreee.

My parents are def. racist.

briannnnn wrote:
Many Asian parents are racists deep down inside (my mom is and I know some of my friends' parents can be as well). And I will co-sign with aubstuh86; Chinese people can be very narrow-minded (I'm Chinese...I've seen it so many times)

smh.gif
. Or, they come from very traditional households and think Asians should only marry Asians.

Even they are racist among their own...I know someone Chinese dating a Korean girl and some members of his family have been giving the
smh.gif
about it.
Definitely...my mom, especially, is like this. I've talked to her about hypothetical situations where I marry a black woman and she wasdisgusted.
laugh.gif
grin.gif
It's just the way they are (I'm Chinese btw). She's said she wantsme marrying a Chinese girl for sure, no Japanese girls because of the tensions between the races from the past, etc. They definitely are racist deep downinside.
However-like dland said, I don't think it's exclusive to Asian parents. Some people just think more conservatively like that.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

smh.gif

smh.gif
about it.
QFT.

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

filipina girls rock
Yes they do
pimp.gif

damn str8. I'm chinese and all my relative see me bring one home again....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

briannnnn wrote:

smh.gif

smh.gif
about it.
Definitely...my mom, especially, is like this. I've talked to her about hypothetical situations where I marry a black woman and she was disgusted.
laugh.gif
grin.gif
It's just the way they are (I'm Chinese btw). She's said she wants me marrying a Chinese girl for sure, no Japanese girls because of the tensions between the races from the past, etc. They definitely are racist deep down inside.
However-like dland said, I don't think it's exclusive to Asian parents. Some people just think more conservatively like that.

My pops isn't like that no more. Hell his #%@ doesn't even care what kind of girls I bring home at all. My ex was half flip and japanese... My aunt anduncles don't give a rat #%@ either. All they said was don't knock her up until your marry.
devil.gif
pimp.gif

2. even when you're upset...that's not an excuse for being racist.
Man hardly nobody goes by that. As soon as somebody gets upset and your a different race its over.

yea, the same way blacks people are toward gay marriage. shocking.
Fixed

thats great for you guys I'm being really serious. I'm so sick of people not looking at other ethnicities just because they aren't similar.

Originally Posted by withapassion

thats great for you guys I'm being really serious. I'm so sick of people not looking at other ethnicities just because they aren't similar.
its gonna change with our generation. it's a lot more diverse. nba for example
happy.gif

just ask prop 8!
I didn't know only blacks voted against that. Anything to divide and conquer man. If every black person voted against this would it hadpassed if every white person or heck every other race voted for it?

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

just ask prop 8!
I didn't know only blacks voted against that. Anything to divide and conquer man. If every black person voted against this would it had passed if every white person or heck every other race voted for it?

congratulations on missing the original point. nevermind.

it all depends on how old school your parents

Asian parents are not the only race who want their kids only dating their own peoples

I am Asian (Thai) and have dated black, mexican, white, asian and middle eastern and gotten mixed treatment for each parent

But when I got treated unfairly by one of them I wasn't DUMB enough to stereotype and knew that that's how their parents were brought up to think

so to answer your question: DUMB PEOPLE STEREOTYPING FTL

I am salvadoran and i am dating a filipina. We have been together for over 6 years. At first it was different because I had to learn a whole new culture butit was interesting and fun to do so. At first her family thought I was white because I do look white but then they found out I was "Mexican" sincemost did not know people who speak spanish can come from so many different countries. It has been all good in the neighborhood but I wont lie her familyencourages them to marry within and its a huge NO NO to be with a black.

I'm Thai and dated black, armenian, white, white/asian, asian, mexican, spanish, egyptian and brought home black, mexican and white girls and moms or dadnever cared guess I'm fortunate? but parents are really liberal and american so to speak

Well explain the original point to me then. Its the net I'm not talking to you in person so its easy to misunderstand.

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

Originally Posted by tmukg21

[h3]Whats the deal with Asians people being so uptight about interracial dating?[/h3]

*fixed*

Asian family + girl's boyfriend that is beside their race =
eyes.gif
It does not mix...most of the asian parents are just born with a message in their mind to not let their daughters date anyone out of their race. If you go to any asian family's gathering, they're all gonna be asian, you never see a black, white or hispanic dude in one before have you? Not trying to be racist but there is some truth to it.

actually ive seen alot of asian girls with whtie guys

My ex girl was asian and i know for a fact that she didnt dare tell her parents we were together

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Well explain the original point to me then. Its the net I'm not talking to you in person so its easy to misunderstand.
compare the comment i posted to the title of this topic and youll get it. no reason for you to take anything personally because you didnt startit.

^^ I guess I can agree with you reading that. Its a generalization and I guess we both dont like that. Cool

asian parents are the meanest. they say the most..
mad.gif
things .. things ucannot imagine that they would say to a child. =/ i've been threatened to be disowned if i married a black dude. n i've been threatened to be kickedout ... and no matter how well i do in school.. im talking about my GPA range being 3.8 - 4.0 , i still get called stupid..
eyes.gif
therefore asian parents are the worse. im chinese n viet.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

I seen a black dude with an asian girl at the mall yesterday. I gave him the "head nod"

Some hipster lookin cat.

pimp.gif

Hmm...out in the 'burbs around my way, its hardly uncommon to see interracial relationships with Asian women -- in fact, it seems as if that's thepreferred type of relationship.

These mainly involve Filipino/as, so I couldn't speak on behalf of other races.

And the Asian/White thing is damn near approaching mainstream status.

Back
Top Bottom