What's The Hype With Kid Cudi??? Why Is His Music "SO Good?"

I didn't like his first joint very much and I gave it many plays to try and force myself to like it... I got his second joint in hopes that it would be better... Its worse. He's tone-deaf, yeah he makes songs(lyric wise his joints are pretty good) but he's not a singer that tries to sing. His beats are just ok... I just don't get it, why do people think he's so good?

enlighten me nt

I didn't like his first joint very much and I gave it many plays to try and force myself to like it... I got his second joint in hopes that it would be better... Its worse. He's tone-deaf, yeah he makes songs(lyric wise his joints are pretty good) but he's not a singer that tries to sing. His beats are just ok... I just don't get it, why do people think he's so good?

enlighten me nt

I dont know I think its just a taste.

Like I have no idea how people can say MoTM was AoTY material to me, that *%*% is trash and just sounds like whiny trash to me
Hes fine on hooks I guess idk

At the end of the day, I just dont #$#* wit Cudi musically.

I dont know I think its just a taste.

Like I have no idea how people can say MoTM was AoTY material to me, that *%*% is trash and just sounds like whiny trash to me
Hes fine on hooks I guess idk

At the end of the day, I just dont #$#* wit Cudi musically.

He's definitely hyped beyond belief in his album thread ("greatest album in the last 20 years"
laugh.gif
) but you gotta look at him objectively. I like him because he's different than any other artist I listen to, not a good rapper by any means but he makes good songs. I really don't know how to classify dude at all
laugh.gif
, he's a suicidal/emo/drug addicted bad-rapper. BUT I can vibe with his songs that don't sound straight POP-#$$, maybe if I smoked I could appreciate him better (never understood how that's a credible excuse for liking music but whatever)

*Grabs popcorn and waits for inevitable TIME elitist rant about "yall don't know music"*

He's definitely hyped beyond belief in his album thread ("greatest album in the last 20 years"
laugh.gif
) but you gotta look at him objectively. I like him because he's different than any other artist I listen to, not a good rapper by any means but he makes good songs. I really don't know how to classify dude at all
laugh.gif
, he's a suicidal/emo/drug addicted bad-rapper. BUT I can vibe with his songs that don't sound straight POP-#$$, maybe if I smoked I could appreciate him better (never understood how that's a credible excuse for liking music but whatever)

*Grabs popcorn and waits for inevitable TIME elitist rant about "yall don't know music"*

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

he's a suicidal/emo/drug addicted bad-rapper.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

At the end of the day, I just dont #$#* wit Cudi musically

These are my opinions on son... HOW can you say he makes good songs/music if he's tone-deaf? like there's points where i cringed on this new album cause he was sooo off

These are my opinions on son... HOW can you say he makes good songs/music if he's tone-deaf? like there's points where i cringed on this new album cause he was sooo off

He's different... You can't compare him to anyone. I wouldn't really call him a rapper, I wouldn't really call him a singer. He's just a good artist (imo). You either like him or you don't.

He's different... You can't compare him to anyone. I wouldn't really call him a rapper, I wouldn't really call him a singer. He's just a good artist (imo). You either like him or you don't.

no i be smoking and i appreciate weed music to the max but this $+%#* is just wack...

no i be smoking and i appreciate weed music to the max but this $+%#* is just wack...

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

These are my opinions on son... HOW can you say he makes good songs/music if he's tone-def? like there's points where i cringed on this new album cause he was sooo off
laugh.gif
man if I could give you a straight answer I would. I have no idea why I like some of his songs but they're just plain catchy. The hooks are catchy, the little chants he does are catchy just random *+*$ about his music sticks to me for some reason. I RARELY memorize a Cudi verse, it's only the hooks that stick out to me. If Cudi had garbage Joe Budden-like production I would NEVER give him a chance

BTW his mixtapes actually have GOOD rapping on them.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

These are my opinions on son... HOW can you say he makes good songs/music if he's tone-def? like there's points where i cringed on this new album cause he was sooo off
laugh.gif
man if I could give you a straight answer I would. I have no idea why I like some of his songs but they're just plain catchy. The hooks are catchy, the little chants he does are catchy just random *+*$ about his music sticks to me for some reason. I RARELY memorize a Cudi verse, it's only the hooks that stick out to me. If Cudi had garbage Joe Budden-like production I would NEVER give him a chance

BTW his mixtapes actually have GOOD rapping on them.

I think hes the elitist hip hop fan's favorite rapper right now.

Hes aight , but only a musical rebel would put him in the elite category.

Just like Drake, before his buzz got crazy he was the best thing since sliced bread on NT.

Hes aight , but only a musical rebel would put him in the elite category.

Just like Drake, before his buzz got crazy he was the best thing since sliced bread on NT.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Elitist hip hop fan? They wouldn't categorize him as hip hop especially after his recent comments about not wanting to rap anymore. He's not an MC.

Pretty much. He sucks IMO but everyone has different tastes.

Now he needs to be the wizard he says he is and shrink his head (pause).

30t6p3b.gif

Elitist hip hop fan? They wouldn't categorize him as hip hop especially after his recent comments about not wanting to rap anymore. He's not an MC.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

30t6p3b.gif

Youve got a point, but the yall dont know music types love this dude....Theyre so fed up with the YM/ROZAY ( flossin & $#! talkin) type of music thats hot right now so they cling to him or wiz or budden...etc and then claim the WHOLE industry sucks right now.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

30t6p3b.gif

Youve got a point, but the yall dont know music types love this dude....Theyre so fed up with the YM/ROZAY ( flossin & $#! talkin) type of music thats hot right now so they cling to him or wiz or budden...etc and then claim the WHOLE industry sucks right now.

YOU prob dont like it bcuz you cant relate to the music. YOU must be tone deaf bcuz he sings on note (prob still uses autotune/melodyne,

but still). He can't sing, you are right, but he uses his vocal range perfect. He makes GOOD music bcuz of the emotion,feeling,and structure

he puts in his music.

People just need to stop hatin' on him. You either like/get his music or don't.

YOU prob dont like it bcuz you cant relate to the music. YOU must be tone deaf bcuz he sings on note (prob still uses autotune/melodyne,

but still). He can't sing, you are right, but he uses his vocal range perfect. He makes GOOD music bcuz of the emotion,feeling,and structure

he puts in his music.

People just need to stop hatin' on him. You either like/get his music or don't.

Originally Posted by DJMano34

YOU must be tone deaf bcuz he sings on note (prob still uses autotune/melodyne, but still)
negative... he's on most of the time but there are some notes he TRIES to hit that he falls short of. mostly his highs are off

and how was i hating on him? i'm just saying that i don't @@#% with him musically and i don't understand why so many do. miss me with all that i can't relate to him !#*, i told you his lyrics are good. sonically i don't think his music is easy on the ears, rather, my ears

and yeah i mess with the mixtape cudi. he's a better rapper than singer imo. he should do the sing rap more often

Back
Top Bottom