What's the next penny to be retroed

Honestly, not a single penny shoe should come out before these vvv

nike-air-max-penny-1-penny-hardaway-player-exclusive.jpg

hope its the 1s... still salty i sold my orlando and knicks for no reason... and the home pair is too dope... always wanted them as a kid but of course couldnt afford them

Honestly don't know why Nike has not re-released the Home CW of the 1's. Other Nike retro's are already on their 3rd resurrection.

This, this, and more this id be in for the royals, silvers, and all blacks
I bought my brother the silvers when I was trying to get him into kicks but that wasteman didn't really mess with them like that.

Honestly, not a single penny shoe should come out before these vvv

nike-air-max-penny-1-penny-hardaway-player-exclusive.jpg
FAX

knicks colorway is one the best of the 1s

giphy.gif

Honestly don't know why Nike has not re-released the Home CW of the 1's. Other Nike retro's are already on their 3rd resurrection.
this is what penny purists have been asking for years

smh.....

if anything should've gotten a retro treatment it should've been these...

video_image-143972.jpg

its been damn near 20 years smh...

they just started retroing da IV's again and these weren't in da picture :smh:

Hope they take a long break and move on to other 90s shoes that haven't been retroed.

Remember 2012/13 when young hypebeasts pretended to like all retro sneakers? I guess general interest on the older signature styles has faded away a little, so that you only got the people actually invested in the signature line left. The II got retroed 2 or so years ago.
The only shoes from Penny's line I like are the Penny I and IV. I also like the V a lot that came out 5 years ago!
The IIs look like tanks and are pretty plain and the IIIs look nice in just one colorway (black/white) for me. The IVs returned this year and were slept on by a lot of people but I liked this iteration a great deal.
I guess Penny just isn't in demand so much now, so you'll just have to be patient for sporadic releases if they come.

^ 2012 and 2013???

This hypebeast craze for retro Nike’s is still prevalent today!!!

All of a sudden everyone loves the Air Max silver bullet and gold 97s.

Supreme 98s that are going for $600+ just because it has supremes name on it.

The red and blue Air Max 1s going for $500 resale before they were re-released, but now are going for $165.

And soon when the air max 93s come out 1st quarter 2018, the hypebeast will fall in love with that shoe as well. A shoe that lived on clearance racks and Ross shelves back in the day.

Nike had the Air more uptempo game on lock until they started making skittle colorways and silly concepts. Plus the supreme callab killed the regular black/white and Olympic uptempos value. Now if you don’t have the supreme uptempos but only the OG colorways, you’re not “stunting” on people.

The only shoe that would sell fairly well out of the entire Penny line is these...

C5FB7C52-BEEF-4EEB-83A2-290B5B860A7F.jpeg

And maybe the Knicks colorway.

There is a difference with the examples you just listed and the examples from 2012/13.
Air Max 97s got peoples interests because they released in limited quantities. Same with Air Max 1s. The Air Max 93 got re-released in 2013 and people didn't care about them at the time but WILL now if Nike decides to artificially reduce stock. Same deal with Uptempos (the Supreme colorways are hideous by the way).

Nikes hyping-up strategy in the new decade began somewhere in 2011 with limiting the Foamposite (which during the mid 2000s was regarded as on-par with the Kobe 2 in terms of ugliness) and then retro Jordan models. Naturally people thought this might be an overall trend for retro basketball sneakers and scoooped up all of the stock of even non-limited shoes at the time. I think most people who tried to buy retro basketball models during that time would agree with me that it was mostly a nightmare and a huge speculator bubble. It was even hard to get Reebok Questions at that time because people thought - "retro basketball is the new big thing"

If the Penny IV released in 2012 in the quantities it released in today it would've been gone in a couple of minutes with sites crashing. Trends have, luckily for me, shifted towards other models or models that are being artificially pushed by limiting stock. People and resellers just got a bit smarter with time and saw that customers haven't suddenly developed a genuine interest for retro products but were just lured in by the stock being artificially scarce.

Last edited:
Sorry for the douple post but you can best see what I mean if you look at the recent Air Force One collaborations - the Air Force One is a top 5 ever Nike model (for me at least) but people haven't cared about the silhouette in terms of hyping it up for about 8-9 years now.
But if you slap a Roc-a-fella logo on a white AF1 low and call it a "limited edition" people care.

Back
Top Bottom