What's wrong with Gay Marriage?

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Where in the Bible does it forbid marriage between two gay people or members of the same sex?
It doesn't. But homosexuality is frowned upon and against the religion. Gay marriage was unthinkable back then, so there was no need to address it.
Times were different back then people. A lot of you non believers don't seem to realize that. 
So...you're just guessing that this is what Jesus would have wanted, even though Jesus never mentioned anything about homosexuality?

Where in the Bible does it forbid marriage between two gay people or members of the same sex?
It doesn't. But homosexuality is frowned upon and against the religion. Gay marriage was unthinkable back then, so there was no need to address it.
Times were different back then people. A lot of you non believers don't seem to realize that. 

AntonLaVey wrote:
RAPE IN THE BIBLE........believe me there's  A LOT of rape in the bible. You don't wanna go there.
sick.gif

2) Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites    (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men.  All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle.  They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword.  Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder.  They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived.  After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp.  But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle.  "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded.  "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor.  They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people.  Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man.  Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.
They CLEARLY don't need to use the word rape for anybody with an ounce of reading comprehension to know what they meant. If you need anymore evidence I'll be glad to post some. COME AT ME BRO.
This may imply rape in today's times, but not back then. Fornication is a sin, so why would rape be tolerated? The most logical reason for them to keep the virgin girls was because they were still pure and could marry their sons and become good christian wives. You have to remember, the bible wasn't written yesterday. Times were a lot different back then.

laugh.gif
What's you reasoning for killing the boys and women who slept with a man? I thought killing was wrong in the bible? People back then were highly immoral compared to today's standards...the ancient judeochristian civilizations were not exempt. The bible is fraught with contradictions, thou shall not commit adultery but you can take people you conquered as sex slaves. Thou shall not kill, but slaughter women who are taken and boys, and keep their virgins for yourself. You didn't give an excuse for the killing of the women who are taken part. Let's hear it? In the meantime here's more rape.

God Assists Rape and Plunder 
(Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst.  And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city.   (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

I guess ravished and plundered means take them as good christian wives.
laugh.gif

Rape of Female Captives   (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house.  But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb.  After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife.  However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."
I'm baffled, so you take her home shave her head, clean her, rape her, marry her.....and then when you get tired of her you give her her freedom. Where they do this at?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

AntonLaVey wrote:
RAPE IN THE BIBLE........believe me there's  A LOT of rape in the bible. You don't wanna go there.
sick.gif

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men.  All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle.  They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword.  Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder.  They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived.  After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp.  But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle.  "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded.  "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor.  They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people.  Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man.  Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.
They CLEARLY don't need to use the word rape for anybody with an ounce of reading comprehension to know what they meant. If you need anymore evidence I'll be glad to post some. COME AT ME BRO.
This may imply rape in today's times, but not back then. Fornication is a sin, so why would rape be tolerated? The most logical reason for them to keep the virgin girls was because they were still pure and could marry their sons and become good christian wives. You have to remember, the bible wasn't written yesterday. Times were a lot different back then.

laugh.gif
What's you reasoning for killing the boys and women who slept with a man? I thought killing was wrong in the bible? People back then were highly immoral compared to today's standards...the ancient judeochristian civilizations were not exempt. The bible is fraught with contradictions, thou shall not commit adultery but you can take people you conquered as sex slaves. Thou shall not kill, but slaughter women who are taken and boys, and keep their virgins for yourself. You didn't give an excuse for the killing of the women who are taken part. Let's hear it? In the meantime here's more rape.

God Assists Rape and Plunder 
(Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst.  And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city.   (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

I guess ravished and plundered means take them as good christian wives.
laugh.gif

Rape of Female Captives   (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house.  But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb.  After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife.  However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."
I'm baffled, so you take her home shave her head, clean her, rape her, marry her.....and then when you get tired of her you give her her freedom. Where they do this at?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

AntonLaVey wrote:
sick.gif

150 years ago= The abolishment of slavery
100 years ago: the emancipation of women

50 years ago: Inter-racial marriage

Today: Same sex marriage

Why is it that the church always has to be dragged kicking and screaming(by secular outrage) towards the tolerance and 

compassion that, ironically, it claims to hold a monopoly on?

And what does the bible tell us? 

Who should we kill? 

Homosexuals (Lev.20:13, Rom 1:26-32)

All Non-Christians (parable told by Christ-Luke 19:27)

Anyone who works on the Sabbath (Exod 35:2-3, Num 15:32-6)

Your god supports slavery too (Lev 25:44-6,Exod 21:2-8, Eph 6-5, Col 3:22)

Instructions on how to sell your daughter as a slave (Exod 21:7-6)

Do the old testament rules still apply? You dam right they do. Every "Jot" and "tittle" (Christ-Matt 5:17-9)

Christ is such a role model. 

He tells us we must hate our entire family, and even our own life, if we want to be one of his disciples (Luke 14:26)

Those who abandon their families will be rewarded (Matt 19:29)

I can go on for days. Of course there are several good passages in the bible, the ones that are carefully selected by your minister for sunday readings.

Originally Posted by bdubnyckid

Be careful now...God's are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

My god reigns supreme homie. Science is yet to disprove anything about my god.

And God has yet to prove himself. So until I see a bearded man with the most impressive physique since 1998 Brad Pitt throw lightning with his bare hands, I'll stick to a scientific approach to the universe.

On a base of morality, it's absolutely wrong to forbid gay people marriage rights while allowing EVERY other demographic the right to marry. I pray that I can live long enough to see all people actually treated fair.

AntonLaVey wrote:
sick.gif

150 years ago= The abolishment of slavery
100 years ago: the emancipation of women

50 years ago: Inter-racial marriage

Today: Same sex marriage

Why is it that the church always has to be dragged kicking and screaming(by secular outrage) towards the tolerance and 

compassion that, ironically, it claims to hold a monopoly on?

And what does the bible tell us? 

Who should we kill? 

Homosexuals (Lev.20:13, Rom 1:26-32)

All Non-Christians (parable told by Christ-Luke 19:27)

Anyone who works on the Sabbath (Exod 35:2-3, Num 15:32-6)

Your god supports slavery too (Lev 25:44-6,Exod 21:2-8, Eph 6-5, Col 3:22)

Instructions on how to sell your daughter as a slave (Exod 21:7-6)

Do the old testament rules still apply? You dam right they do. Every "Jot" and "tittle" (Christ-Matt 5:17-9)

Christ is such a role model. 

He tells us we must hate our entire family, and even our own life, if we want to be one of his disciples (Luke 14:26)

Those who abandon their families will be rewarded (Matt 19:29)

I can go on for days. Of course there are several good passages in the bible, the ones that are carefully selected by your minister for sunday readings.

Be careful now...God's are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

And God has yet to prove himself. So until I see a bearded man with the most impressive physique since 1998 Brad Pitt throw lightning with his bare hands, I'll stick to a scientific approach to the universe.

On a base of morality, it's absolutely wrong to forbid gay people marriage rights while allowing EVERY other demographic the right to marry. I pray that I can live long enough to see all people actually treated fair.

How about you prove that your God exists first?  If I claim that I can fly, it's not your responsibility to prove that I can't.  It's mine.

and off the top of my head...Most of the Genesis factually wrong. 

universe was not created in 7 days
earth was not made before stars
humans did not come from dirt

How about you prove that your God exists first?  If I claim that I can fly, it's not your responsibility to prove that I can't.  It's mine.

and off the top of my head...Most of the Genesis factually wrong. 

universe was not created in 7 days
earth was not made before stars
humans did not come from dirt

Your mad because god was looking after his people? Yea, that makes sense. And to answer what coming next (aren't we all children of the lord?), yes we are, but when a child does whats right in their father's eyes and the other child dislikes that and trys to hurt them, who do you think the father will side with?
i thought we were all "Gods People"

well, minus the infidels and Anton.

nerd.gif

and the father should side with both children. why?????

he who snitcheth gets stictcheth. Cobra Kai 15:43

Your mad because god was looking after his people? Yea, that makes sense. And to answer what coming next (aren't we all children of the lord?), yes we are, but when a child does whats right in their father's eyes and the other child dislikes that and trys to hurt them, who do you think the father will side with?
i thought we were all "Gods People"

well, minus the infidels and Anton.

nerd.gif

and the father should side with both children. why?????

he who snitcheth gets stictcheth. Cobra Kai 15:43

Originally Posted by Noskey

ebdc8z.jpg

Contrary to what your church may have told you, Atheists do not automatically turn to hedonism and anarchy.

In fact, those who suggest that a man must be ethically restrained by a religion reveal, quite frankly, just how deep-seated

their own morals are. It is an easy target for the church to blame society's ills on man's inevitable shelving of the god myth.

But the fact remains that there is a fraction of the immorality now than there was when the church had complete,

unchallenged influence over every aspect of society. This was a time of Crusades, Inquisitions, and witch- and heretic-burnings.

It was a period known as the "Dark Ages", and that they truly were-both morally and intellectually. 

Contrary to what your church may have told you, Atheists do not automatically turn to hedonism and anarchy.

In fact, those who suggest that a man must be ethically restrained by a religion reveal, quite frankly, just how deep-seated

their own morals are. It is an easy target for the church to blame society's ills on man's inevitable shelving of the god myth.

But the fact remains that there is a fraction of the immorality now than there was when the church had complete,

unchallenged influence over every aspect of society. This was a time of Crusades, Inquisitions, and witch- and heretic-burnings.

It was a period known as the "Dark Ages", and that they truly were-both morally and intellectually. 

Originally Posted by Noskey

ebdc8z.jpg

Times were a lot different back then.
You just hung yourself with that one. We're arguing the same thing. Times WERE a lot different back then, so why are people still taking this massively outdated storybook literally? Same goes with any ancient "holy" book.

You just hung yourself with that one. We're arguing the same thing. Times WERE a lot different back then, so why are people still taking this massively outdated storybook literally? Same goes with any ancient "holy" book.

when marijuana will become legal thats when i'll be for gay marriages

smoking pot is alternative lifestyle right ?

when marijuana will become legal thats when i'll be for gay marriages

smoking pot is alternative lifestyle right ?

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I was going to say the same thing.....
but instead...I let it be in hopes that he would see the irony in his statement 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I was going to say the same thing.....
but instead...I let it be in hopes that he would see the irony in his statement 
nerd.gif

I mean this is common knowledge unless you're ignorant. The nations that are poster-boys for atheism/non-religiousness have low rates of criminal behavior, high rates of education, technological advancements, health-care and altruistic endeavors.

I'm just amused that someone in here is literally defending immoral behaviors from from a less progressive time in mankind. The judeochristian civilization were not the only ones raping, pillaging and sacrificing people. The difference is religious people make excuses for such behaviors in attempts to defend their destructive, whimsical, vengeful and jealous "God". When the mayans killed, rape and pillaged with the blessing of their God it's wrong...when the people in the bible do the exact same thing it's indentured servitude.

I mean this is common knowledge unless you're ignorant. The nations that are poster-boys for atheism/non-religiousness have low rates of criminal behavior, high rates of education, technological advancements, health-care and altruistic endeavors.

I'm just amused that someone in here is literally defending immoral behaviors from from a less progressive time in mankind. The judeochristian civilization were not the only ones raping, pillaging and sacrificing people. The difference is religious people make excuses for such behaviors in attempts to defend their destructive, whimsical, vengeful and jealous "God". When the mayans killed, rape and pillaged with the blessing of their God it's wrong...when the people in the bible do the exact same thing it's indentured servitude.

Back
Top Bottom