What's your favorite album of 2008?

Q-Tip - The Rennaissance
The Roots - Rising Down
The Game - LAX
Nas - Untitled
John Legend - Evolver
Ne-yo - Year of the Gentlemen

Untitled for sure is my favorite album of the year.

Once I really start messin with Evolver, that will be up there too.

nerd-seeing-sounds.jpg

^other than that there really hasnt been that much to talk about but

mm4cover.jpg

webbie1.jpg

young-jeezy-recession-tracklist.jpg

1. Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago

2. Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes

3. TV On The Radio-Dear Science

Honorable Mentions
-Department of Eagles-In Ear Park
-Beck-Modern Guilt
-Gnarls Barkley-The Odd Couple
-The Raconteurs-Consolers of Lonely
-Surf City-Surf City EP
-The Roots-Rising Down
-Sigur Ros-Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
-TheWalkmen-You & Me

All of These are a good listen.

-

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

^i still can't believe Statik, Jake One, and Black Milk dropped around the same four week span. It was almost too much crack for my ears. I swear Statik's joint is by far the most slept on of the three.
hell yea this is a very dope album spell my name right is nice too... i wasnt feeling tronic that much its a good album but i dont think its rightfor this time maybe later ill appreciate it:.

Originally Posted by T i c a l

Originally Posted by melomanDNVnuggets

Originally Posted by T i c a l

The fact that I'm the only one to mention a non-hip hop or R&B album really shows the dire state of the music forum.

- Tical.
Have you listened to 808's and heartbreak yet?? I know it's not your type of music but I would like to hear your opinion on it since your knowledge of music is pretty well rounded.

I have and I enjoy it (with the exception of a couple songs) and I think the reason is because it's different. Most people criticize it because "he's not rapping anymore", "he went soft", etc. but I think it really shows that he's a musician rather than just a rapper. Although I think the autotune thing is tired I'm glad he wasn't afraid to do something he wanted and invisioned.

I saw a thing on MTV about him a few years back and he had a painting he did of a music arrangement and he explained how he visualizes the music which was inspiring to me, but I never really saw it in the music he put out. I think this album is more of a step in that direction; the Kanye that can see music.

- Tical.

MTV Shows

Best Overall Album...SEEING SOUNDS...
Hip-Hop Album...Untitled
Personal Fav.......The Recession!

Mixtape...hard one man Testimony was like an album it was very well rounded but I rocked to There is NO Competition way more...

808's might creep in the top 3 albums...

Was that MTV thing his Diary or something I remember seeing that thinking "wait a mintute he's really an ARTIST"...

Tical that was some of the truest words ever spoken on here...

1.http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61ItgF-wh0L._SL500_AA240_.jpg[/img] The only cd I can listen to all the way through without skipping one track since American Gangster and The Cool. Criminal is the song of the year forme. The Roots dont need the big name features and super producers to make a classic album.

2. Theater Of The Mind (Ludacris) - Luda totally surprised me with this one, he really needs to be mentioned with the top 3 off lyrics alone. He rips thisentire cd to shreds. Best song is Do The Right Thang with Common.
3. The Recession (Jeezy) - May not be the most lyrical but I bump this cd more than anything since it came out. Production goes so damn hard, its too hard notto listen to it. Can anybody compare to Jeezy's first three tracks of any cd? He kills the beginning of every album.
4. Paper Trail (T.I.) - Production was top notch with this cd as well. Plus Tip started writing his lyrics again. If it wasn't for Live Your Life andWhatever You Like getting played the hell out I would put this in the top three. Ready For Whatever is the stand out track for me.
5. Untitled (Nas) - Lyrical machine. Great concept album, not too many rappers are capable of making an entire album around one main subject. You Can'tStop Us Now is my fave.

Overall I'm glad good music is back this year. I hope Lil Wayne takes a year off I'm so sick of him, along with T-Pain on every southern rappers hook.Get creative please. And Common's new joint is going to be fire too (just listen to Punch Drunk Love if u don't believe me)

For me it's been Jeezy's "The Recession". I just ordered Kanye & Luda on BestBuy.com and I will head to store to pick them up later andsee if they change my mind.

Back
Top Bottom