Whats your GPA??? vol. College students only.

4.0 this semester so that makes it a 3.9 through 3 semesters so far.
smokin.gif

Weak school so this is probably a 3.3 - 3.5 in a good school
laugh.gif

This semester?

It should by all rights be a 4.0... One class might destroy my perfect semester since our final was worth 60% of our grade, but even with the full 40% and atworse a B over all for the final 60, I should still be looking at a 3.8.

Overall is unfortunatly a different story...

Major GPA? 3.85

Overall? 3.0

If I only had those first two years to do all over... I swear I would be killing em right now. Summa Cum Laude FTW?

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Well it depends how good of a school you go to.... (which makes it harder if you go to a better school)..... that determines if your GPA is good or not.
I mean if you're getting a 3.80 GPA at a not very highly rated school.... then yeah the 3.8 is good... but not the same as if you had like a 3.50+ GPA at a GOOD school.
I think it has more to do with what percentile you're in in your school, rather than your school's ranking versus another's.

Since school ranking themselves are highly subjective.

Not sure what I have this quarter (it comes out on Thursday) but right now I have a 3.3-3.4 in an engineering major.

I'm looking at probably a 3.91 this semester.
Originally Posted by impalaballa187

4.0 when I transferred...looking like a 2.7 1st semester
smh.gif
laugh.gif
. gotta graduate with at least a 3.7 to have hope for the Rhodes Scholarship.

:smh:@ rough transitions
Getting a Rhodes or Marshall Scholarship would seriously be my wildest dream come true. But I probably won't even apply because there'llprobably be no chance for me.
laugh.gif
%#+@'s intense. What do you wannastudy at Oxford?

oh well, i aint lying.
school just aint the thing for me
frown.gif

impossible to focus and never got my head straightened out.
i think i need to take a semester or two off

Originally Posted by yankees1129

POLICE ORG. & MANAGEMENT - A
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION - A
FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY - A
ORGANIZED CRIME - A
CORE: DISCOVER NEW YORK - A

waiting for one more grade *crosses fingers*
DNY? Do you got to STJ?

mech e

but this was only after the first quarter... don't really feel like it'll stay that way.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Well it depends how good of a school you go to.... (which makes it harder if you go to a better school)..... that determines if your GPA is good or not.
I mean if you're getting a 3.80 GPA at a not very highly rated school.... then yeah the 3.8 is good... but not the same as if you had like a 3.50+ GPA at a GOOD school.
I think it has more to do with what percentile you're in in your school, rather than your school's ranking versus another's.

Yeah that's not my point..... He said is my 3.42 GPA something to be happy about?

My point is.... if you have a HIGH GPA at a not so good/hard school.... that's not something to be THAT proud about (but of course good grades & hardwork are always something to be proud about).... compared to if you went to a top 50 school in the nation, which would obviously have much harderclasses/school work.... so a HIGH GPA would be harder to get and a lower GPA (then the 3.8 GPA at a worse school) would still be looked upon very well.

TBONE95860 wrote:

Well it depends how good of a school you go to.... (which makes it harder if you go to a better school)..... that determines if your GPA is
good or not.

I mean if you're getting a 3.80 GPA at a not very highly rated school.... then yeah the 3.8 is good... but not the same as if you had like a 3.50+ GPA at
a GOOD school.

Yeah that's not my point..... He said is my 3.42 GPA something to be happy about?

My point is.... if you have a HIGH GPA at a not so good/hard school.... that's not something to be THAT proud about (but of course good grades & hard work are always something to be proud about).... compared to if you went to a top 50 school in the nation, which would obviously have much harder classes/school work.... so a HIGH GPA would be harder to get and a lower GPA (then the 3.8 GPA at a worse school) would still be looked upon very well.

just shut up

he has a point.

i mean i go to cuny lehman(wack) and work there is equivalent to probably my 9th grade highschool work. maybe a little bit more essay writing but on the otherhand my friends that go to NYU are having alot of trouble. they are obviously much smarter then me and looks like we might end the semester with similarGPA's. i did not try at all, and my friends worked their @$! off.

get what i mean?

do ccs count? cuz mad fools from hs churn out 4.0s there like nothin

frown.gif
3.01 i been slackinn
top 20 school tho
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MvP07

TBONE95860 wrote:

Well it depends how good of a school you go to.... (which makes it harder if you go to a better school)..... that determines if your GPA is
good or not.

I mean if you're getting a 3.80 GPA at a not very highly rated school.... then yeah the 3.8 is good... but not the same as if you had like a 3.50+ GPA at
a GOOD school.

My point is.... if you have a HIGH GPA at a not so good/hard school.... that's not something to be THAT proud about (but of course good grades & hard work are always something to be proud about).... compared to if you went to a top 50 school in the nation, which would obviously have much harder classes/school work.... so a HIGH GPA would be harder to get and a lower GPA (then the 3.8 GPA at a worse school) would still be looked upon very well.
just shut up
Word?
From that reply I take it you got to a crappy school & don't have a very good GPA.
Anyway.... hope you have a great rest of your night.

Originally Posted by yankees1129

POLICE ORG. & MANAGEMENT - A
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION - A
FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY - A
ORGANIZED CRIME - A
CORE: DISCOVER NEW YORK - A

waiting for one more grade *crosses fingers*

I'm a junior and still haven't taken DNY Smh

Originally Posted by MvP07

TBONE95860 wrote:

good or not.

a GOOD school.

just shut up
I feel you. I'm just saying that school rankings are very subjective. Not to mention all of the different grading criteria every professorhas that affects the final grade.

Back
Top Bottom