what's your greatest discovery in the search of new music?

The Weeknd for me..

that **** just speaks to me brah.

honorable mention..

toro y moi-causers of this..

the greatest love album of all time, IMO, of course.

Last edited:
My Greatest discovery is realizing my **** from the 90's was underappreciated, and it's something I'll never get back...lol

The Weeknd

Amel Larrieux after Groove Theory

I gotta check out some of these artists yall posted

Last edited:
Hiatus Kaiyote
Ta-ku
Lil Ugly Mane
Moruf
Phony Ppl

are all musical acts I'm glad I've found out about recently

I remember telling someone last year that, my two most awesome music discoveries in life thus far were J Dilla and The Weeknd.. don't think I can ever recreate the feeling I got when I first heard their music

In terms of artists I haven't heard of before and just took a random whim on, Big KRIT

Coldplay.. Dudes just have that sound.. Listen to them all day everyday..

Adele.. She can just flat out sang.. And yes SANG..

In terms of artists I haven't heard of before and just took a random whim on, Big KRIT

Yep, Krizzle for me too. When I heard KWH, it was all I played for a while. I even put my mom on it. :lol: Also, Kendrick when OD dropped, just a few months after KWH and both of those were profound.

I can't really say there was one greatest, but my latest greatest has been The Internet. I've really enjoyed their music.

For me it has been going back and listsening to older musical acts I never really listened to. Outkast, UGK, Wutang, Curtis Mayfield and others.

But for new music, Big Krit and Aloe Blacc have blessed my ears. Glad I discovered both

When I discovered De-Loused, I was blown away at how amazing it was. I didn't play anything else for a really long time, nothing came even close. It was euphoric.

Same thing happened when I moved to Frances the Mute.

Then I chilled out and started to listening to other things.

But that album, man, it's something else.

Krit
Outkast, always heard they were good but then I really listened and got what people were saying.
The whole genre of post-rock, found some dope stuff imo
Angel Vivaldi, dude is sick w/ the guitar
Bonobo
Dom Kennedy
The Underachievers
Flatbush Zombies
Vic Mensa

Also remember when I discovered Boards of Canada, back when I was on my lonely stoner ishh

Walking through the NYC streets in the early evening with my stereo headphones on, off the kush in my own zone.. surreal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom